Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek: Discovery [Spoilers]

13»

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Of course not... discovery is going to get at least 7 seasons.... Picard will probably do the same and then you've got section 31 and the pike shows to come yet... this train wreck is here to stay.... I wouldn't be surprised if they ripped off wanda vision with a holographic show about the Dr from voyager... You've got a seven of nine spin off and the sisko spin off.... the adventures of quark... the re-reboot of kirk and spock and the enterprise... the Guinan spin off... Dax in the 29th century... the plunder is endless...

what they will never do is still, create a brand new class of ship, assemble a brand new ensemble crew and boldly go where no-one has gone before.... set 30 years after voyager..
    Freak
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    @markmassey ... since you’ve mentioned it ... I keep wondering if it’s actually possible, to do a good Ensemble show with just 10 to 15 Episodes a season. It’s just hard, to give everyone time to shine that way. Apart from DS9 every Show in the old Trek Canon and the movies struggled with this. Voyager basically was the Doctor and Seven, when it came to actual development for example.

But yeah ... Discovery is a new low in they regard.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I'm not sure, off the top of my head I'd say game of thrones managed to juggle an ensemble cast pretty well at the start, I'm not going to bring up the expanse... I'd say its definitely possible, sure some characters will get more screen time than others, but I'm sure you could craft the episodes so that over the course of a 10 hour season it felt like we'd seen enough of everyone to at least know their names and what they do on the ship...

I know discovery by design is set from Michael's point of view and that's a choice they made.. there might be 3-4 main characters so most of the bridge crew are pretty much extras most of the time... (I'm talking season one here) There's nothing wrong with taking that approach.. it might have been interesting if the first thing we saw her do wasn't punch the captain in the face and take over the ship.... she could have just been a lieutenant working her normal shift.... it would have been good to see life on a star ship for the crew member who wasn't one of the bridge crew.. who knows she could have been promoted and ended season 6 as commander???

I'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!! haha what's wrong with me haha... All I was saying was that surly it's possible... if the desire to do it is...