Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DScifieric's First Season Production USS Enterprise

scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
Well, I've started making changes to my Where No Man Has Gone Before model of the USS Enterprise to make it more closely resemble the season one model.

I've just started, but hey, it's been a while and I'm glad to get this far.

SeasonOneShip001A3.png
Lizzy777JeffrySGtrekkiMadKoiFishFreakpubliusr
Tagged:

• trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Fine rendering ! B)
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    trekki wrote: »
    Fine rendering ! B)

Thank you! You are very kind!
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Looks nice! Can we see some wires?
    scifieric
    JeffrySG wrote: »
    Looks nice! Can we see some wires?
    Sure!
    Wire001.PNG
    Wire002.PNG
    Wire003.PNG
    Lizzy777trekkiWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiral
    Do you have a light setup for me?
    It would be great.
    scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking good Eric.
    scifieric
    Freak wrote: »
    Looking good Eric.
    Thank you, my friend!
    Do you have a light setup for me?
    It would be great.
    I can set something up.
    kxqfipg2tohc.png

ru4dj129n9i2.png

rnvetnuixc15.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777
    Thank you, nice.
    scifieric
  • Baz_RBaz_R2 Posts: 1Member
    Looking great, Eric!
    scifieric
    Thank you, nice.
    My pleasure. I tried to make the work-in-progress shots kind of resemble shots from the series. I tend to always try to do that.
    Baz_R wrote: »
    Looking great, Eric!
    Thank you! Long time, no chat! I hope you are well!
  • MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    That looks incredible! I see you've switched Orthos, are you finding these ones more accurate than Alan Sinclair's?
    scifieric
    edited January 2021 #14
    That looks incredible! I see you've switched Orthos, are you finding these ones more accurate than Alan Sinclair's?

Yep. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Alan Sinclair's work, but I have to say that it seems that Charles Casimiro's drawings are even more accurate. Be sure to scroll down to the Version 2.0 Enterprise Schematics to get the latest version:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/ccd-enterprise.php

In my opinion, Charles' work is spectacular.
    Post edited by scifieric on
    ashleytinger
  • MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    Wow, they look fantastic, thank you!

And I'm always so blown away by your work - not just the modelling but the lighting, camera angles, sheer attention to detail to make your recreations work so well
    scifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    scifieric wrote: »

Yep. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Alan Sinclair's work, but I have to say that it seems that Charles Casimiro's drawings are even more accurate. Be sure to scroll down to the Version 2.0 Enterprise Schematics to get the latest version:

In my opinion, Charles' work is spectacular.

Now you have me thinking that I might need to change the one I'm building lol
    scifieric
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Great work Eric.

I've looked at both sets of blueprints and they both look the same to me. What makes one more accurate than the other? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL
    scifieric
    Wow, they look fantastic, thank you!

And I'm always so blown away by your work - not just the modelling but the lighting, camera angles, sheer attention to detail to make your recreations work so well
    Uh, WOW! Thank YOU! That's a very (VERY) nice compliment! I greatly appreciate it.
    Now you have me thinking that I might need to change the one I'm building lol
    Ah! LOL! Nah! You're doing great!
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Great work Eric.

I've looked at both sets of blueprints and they both look the same to me. What makes one more accurate than the other? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL
    Thank you, my good friend!

Okay, here's for the nit-picky stuff! I'll try to remember as best as I can. There's actually a mix of what I once found as the most accurate references. But in this particular case, I'm going by the lower saucer outline. Believe it or not, that's the big focus of this particular round of models. After I built models using Alan Sinclair's spectacular plans, I noticed in some renders that the lower saucer appeared too ... roundish. I've talked this over with others and looked around, but Casimiro's plans result in a more accurate-looking lower saucer section! All just my opinion, of course.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    Okay, here's for the nit-picky stuff! I'll try to remember as best as I can. There's actually a mix of what I once found as the most accurate references. But in this particular case, I'm going by the lower saucer outline. Believe it or not, that's the big focus of this particular round of models. After I built models using Alan Sinclair's spectacular plans, I noticed in some renders that the lower saucer appeared too ... roundish. I've talked this over with others and looked around, but Casimiro's plans result in a more accurate-looking lower saucer section! All just my opinion, of course.

Amazing!
    scifieric
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Amazing!

I really should have included a link to Charles' work. Be sure to scroll to the LOWER plans for the more recent set!

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    In the recent Star Trek—the magazine, we learn of a Kerr Cushman cut-away book coming.

You know, I’d like to see Shaw’s AMT/ERTL Enterprise model work given this hyper detailed look as a pre-Doomsday Constellation
    scifieric
    publiusr wrote: »
    In the recent Star Trek—the magazine, we learn of a Kerr Cushman cut-away book coming.

You know, I’d like to see Shaw’s AMT/ERTL Enterprise model work given this hyper detailed look as a pre-Doomsday Constellation

I don't think I can arrange that. Interesting thought, though!