Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDaedalus Class sets

seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
edited December 2020 in Work in Progress #1
wr3t3kdji6nt.png

---
Beginnings of Daedalus class interiors, starting with the basic corridor layout on the widest decks in the primary hull:
b4aupvyjzjc0.png

The frames are 9.5 feet tall. Other than some parts of the engineering section, there won't really be jeffries tubes in this thing - instead, all of that equipment will be under the deck grates (IIRC, there was a shot of something like that in Star Trek VI). I'm definitely going for an unrefined TMP feel to this, so it might almost feel like freighters could still be using this design right into that era.

I don't really plan to actually do a full deck layout, but I might do something akin to a Stage 9 layout as if they'd actually done a series around this class instead of whatever that nonsense was that NX-01 was. :D
Post edited by seanr on
Lizzy777MadKoiFishJES

• JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Love seeing interior work! Looking forward to updates.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Man, it's great to see you return to something so iconic!
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Thanks! Here's an update:

y6jn7nt2jkgl.png
    7wpghoukbkqc.png
    JES
    31xrhmt3sq68.png
    Lizzy777lennier1ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMustang13Camaro68JES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I really like that look. How much space do you have between the floor and the top of the braces now?
    I really like that look. How much space do you have between the floor and the top of the braces now?
    81 inches head clearance. The entire frame is 114in tall including the frame itself and the space under the floor.

Latest update - not happy with how the lights are affecting the floor grate so I plan to redo those, possibly as spots instead of point lights.
    wi06nvnhmnex.png
    Figure for scale only. Unless you've got a period appropriate figure (for Blender) to share, skip the uniform comments. :D
    RekkertLizzy777JES
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Wrong uniform!! Not canon!!!1! :p

Seriously though, I love what you're doing here; it's very recognizably a Starfleet corridor, yet it feels older as it should, great work!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    wr3t3kdji6nt.png
    7zhqvzyobbnj.png
    Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68JeffrySGlewisnivenJES
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Such a wonderful evolution of the NX Class which looks like it would lead in well to the Movie Era designs
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited December 2020 #11
    The lighting here looks spot on! That font though, I'm not a fan; it looks too thin, and thus hard to properly read at a distance IMO.
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    The lighting here looks spot on! That font though, I'm not a fan; it looks too thin, and thus hard to properly read at a distance IMO.

The font is closer to the movie era, but the NX screens used URW Corporate I believe, and Futura/Avant Garde for the labels and printed elements.
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice work, so far!
    I may yet change the typeface, but I wanted to get closer to the movies without using the exact same one.

Another update:
    6a33ep953r9t.png
    RekkertJeffrySGLizzy777JES
    Lots more random machinery coming next. :)
    seanr wrote: »
    Lots more random machinery coming next. :)

Do you imagine little latches for pulling up the deck plates, to access that machinery?
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Love these!
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    You've got me wishing I'd gone MORE TMP with my TOS enhanced corridors.
    mdta wrote: »
    Do you imagine little latches for pulling up the deck plates, to access that machinery?
    Maybe, or there'd be a tool that would fit in like a key and turn to unhook them from the frame. I've got an idea in my head but I won't bother building it unless I ever decide to do an extreme closeup of a single grate. Way too much trouble to do that for all of them now.
    mdta
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Stunning work