Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    You could make a "C" shaped desk for whichever nurse is on duty so they could monitor the patients and do some office work in the meantime. This is coming together nicely!
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Had some more time to work on the Victory sickbay these past few days. I've done a brand new console for the nurse station, indeed 'C' shaped and perfectly aligned to the circumference of the room. Behind it, some standard sickbay carts. As suggested I moved the medical logo to the floor.

I've also finished the ceiling for the main ward, and added lights to the exam room. Plus some progress on the CMO office, with the divider and light fixtures now in place (had to increase the camera FoV for the office render, otherwise it's impossible to see anything, it's a really small space there).

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1607850753
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1607850765
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1607850776
    scifiericWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralLizzy777Captain SerekashleytingerFreakJeffrySG
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Looking good.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Looks great, though... we now have a gay CMO on Disco and now you're putting him back in the closet? =) Just saying that office is tiny. ;)
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Looks great my friend! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I don't know if Blender has "clipping planes" for the camera, but I often use those to render smaller rooms in Max. Coming together nicely! :)
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    edited December 2020 #3068
    I don't know if Blender has "clipping planes" for the camera, but I often use those to render smaller rooms in Max. Coming together nicely! :)
    That would be the equivalent of a wild wall on a real set. I don't think there's a good solution for the current and immediate previous version of Blender, but there was apparently an addon for 2.79 that would do it. I think barring an update to that addon, I'd probably try to do it the same way the actual sets were done, though it'd be very hard to get right given the impact that'd have on the lighting. Luckily, I haven't needed to do a space that tight yet. :D
    Post edited by seanr on
    Rekkert
    edited December 2020 #3069
    For the 'wild wall' look without messing with the light, you could create a copy of the wall material you're using and, with a 'Mix Shader' node using a 'Light Path' node's 'Is Camera Ray' attribute as the factor, mix whatever shader you're using with a transparent one.

That way the specific wall behind which the camera sits would become transparent for said camera, while still being there for all the objects and lights to interact with. Hence you could have several of these 'hidden cameras' and the walls in front of them would still render out perfectly from other angles; though granted changing the materials this way could be a bother if you tweak them later.

lol, okey okey, I made the office bigger. :p

I've added more details on the walls as well, plus a new desk. Still unsure what I'll do with the chairs, I want to swap them but I'm still not sure with what models.

Also, I added a flag just to have something more visually interesting in that corner, though IDK if I'll keep it, it made sense IMO for the more militaristic Starfleet of this era. I might swap it for some sort of Starfleet Medical flag. Suggestions? :D

tadeo-d-oria-c0-04.jpg?1607942178
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-05.jpg?1607942188
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    ashleytingerFreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Captain SerekBolianAdmiral
    Nice update.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
    Loving this Sick Bay so much! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    edited December 2020 #3072
    Thanks @Rory1707 and @Captain Serek! :D

I've added some props and color to the office by opening up the shelf behind the CMO chair. I still have some more tweaks to do to the area though (as well as a new diploma, logically). Tried several different flag designs but I'm not feeling it, I'll probably remove the flagpole.

Also, yes that's my old Valley Forge-Class model from the 3DS Max days. While looking at references of Kirk's quarters from TUC I noticed the TOS Enterprise he had above the desk area, and wanted to do something similar here. Given the model starship I also added some TOS microtapes on one of the shelves, I guess the CMO is a bit nostalgic for their early career. ;)

tadeo-d-oria-c0-07.jpg?1608028582
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralCaptain SerekLizzy777ashleytingerFreakJMP11
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I love it. If you’re not feeling the flag, you could try a large potted plant, or a small potted tree...
    Rekkert
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I've added some props and color to the office by opening up the shelf behind the CMO chair.
    What you should really do is keep the door on it but have it mostly open (with the stuff there still present) and have a bottle of bourbon partially visible behind it. :D

Looking good. :)
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    Nice update.
    Rekkert
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    I sort-of like the flag, maybe the CMO is a vexillology enthusiast! :)
    Rekkert
    edited December 2020 #3077
    Yeah, I ended up replacing the potted tree that was on the other corner with one where the flag was (the other corner will remain empty, it's less of a noticeable space).

@seanr: I wanted to keep the big space on top open, like a recessed shelf into the wall, so that the diploma can remain there exposed. However, that idea was too good to pass on, so now I've done that on the smaller doors below the shelf. I replaced them with a more appropriate design, and have one open with some glasses barely visible behind it. ;)

@JMP11: lol, I went back and forth like 10 times on it, but in the end, the flag's staying in the drawer. :p

As mentioned above, I've added more details and changed the drawers on the CMO office; I think I'll end up leaving the 3 work chairs on the office as they are. I've also added more details to the exam room, including some shelves for equipment below the window.

Finally, the small corridor connecting the exam room to the main ward is complete. I ended up making it larger, with two more doors: an exit to the corridor, and another going into a medical lab (which I won't be modeling). There's not really much to show on this corridor (and really it'll only be visible in a corner of the cutaway graphic), so here's a top view of the sickbay to showcase the entire finished layout.

I think modeling on the room itself is now done, all that's left now is adding a lot more props (hanged pictures on the office, medical instruments everywhere, etc.), and finishing up the LCARS.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-08.jpg?1608174293
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-09.jpg?1608174304
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-12-16-23-55-30.jpg?1608174310
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Freakashleytingerlennier1Captain Serekscifieric
    Nice. The tree does look good there. 😉
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Soo soo good.
    Rekkertscifieric
    Keep up the good work.
    Rekkert
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    That Sickbay wouldn't feel too out of place in the NX Enterprise era, with a few more buttons and switches everywhere :)

Very nice work @Rekkert !
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    edited December 2020 #3082
    Thanks all, I'm glad you're enjoying seeing this come together. :D

@mdta: Indeed! The concept of the exam room being openly visible to the outside is directly lifted from Enterprise after all. ;)

Worked on the graphics for the exam room and the biobed screens. The main bed graphic is based on the one briefly seen in the TUC sickbay. Plus I added some very subtle lines and removable panels to the exam bed.

Also, as a test I removed the door going from the main ward to the side corridor, making it an open archway. In the end I think this works a bit better and I'll leave it this way, as it'll make the corridor more visible, instead of only being there for the cutaway graphic as it was going to be before.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-10.jpg?1608262267
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-11.jpg?1608262276
    BolianAdmiralFreakCaptain SerekLizzy777scifieric
    Final touches on the main ward: I added the Okudagrams for the nurse station; and some further details to the biobeds. I ended up deviating from the Ent-B beds by adding a control panel at the base, as that area was way too empty otherwise. I really liked how this panel looked on the exam bed, and I think it ties both styles of bed together a bit more, make them seem like they belong on the same ship.

It's barely visible in this render but I've also finished the ship logo for the sheets, it's identical as how it was before other than it now has the ship name and registry.

I *think* I'm only missing the big okudagram display on the office (still unsure what graphic to do there) and the random medical and decorative props placed all over the room. If you think I'm missing something please let me know! :D

tadeo-d-oria-c0-12.jpg?1608284905
    BolianAdmiralFreakashleytingerCaptain Sereklennier1Lizzy777scifieric
    Nice update.
    Rekkert
    Yeah, I like the new little displays on the feet of the beds.
    Rekkert
    This is totally STAR TREK my friend! I love what you did with this sick bay. Well done! 🖖🏾
    lennier1Rekkertscifieric
    @Captain Serek: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Glad you like them as well!

@Rory1707: Haha, thanks very much Rory!

Finished up the display and details on the office. I decided to implement some details from the fan made Starfleet Medical Reference Manual from the 70's into the set, and thus added information on drugs on the main screen. I didn't end up liking how the whole screen looked with it though, so I divided it into two sections, with the top being a simple communications monitor (and library access terminal), and the bottom part listing the details for Cordrazine (my partner and I just watched 'City on the Edge of Forever' the other day so that seemed like a cool callback).

Also, the actual drawings from the manual ended up looking very cool to me, so I decided to turn them into the framed pictures I was planning on placing. There are four in total, and being in black-and-white match the style we saw used in TUC, so that's a cool little bonus in my book.

Finally, I took the plunge and modeled the little teacup we saw on both Excelsior and Enterprise-A in TUC, for the CMO to drink their tea. Certainly not perfect, but then again you won't be seeing it so upclose most of the time. Oh, and yes, I've been playing with camera depth of field settings. ;)

tadeo-d-oria-c0-13.jpg?1608368606
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-14.jpg?1608368612
    ashleytingerraztovBolianAdmiralCaptain SerekLizzy777scifieric
    Excellent update, I love the details.
    Rekkert
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    This sickbay set is outstanding. Love this. All the little details in the office just make it seem more real, and I like how it echo's the design layout of the NX-01 sickbay. Can't wait to see more of The Victory.
    Rekkert
    edited December 2020 #3090
    @Captain Serek: Thanks, glad you do!

@richiewilch: Thanks! I can't wait to continue work on the Victory but that'll have to wait a while after I finish with this one. :D

Added a couple more touches to the office and waiting area as some walls were still too empty and I didn't want to overdo the framed pictures. Also, just as on the other rooms I made the frames of the okudagram screen brown rather than black.

The new yellow 'emergency evac procedures' wall label was also added on the main ward and on the side corridor.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-15.jpg?1608509152
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-16.jpg?1608509162
    ashleytingerLizzy777Captain SerekWarp Propulsion LaboratoryJeffrySGscifieric
    Nice update.
    Rekkert