Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Wars new and rumors

GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
edited December 2020 in General Discussion #1
xv9kvj7lm0au.gif

So, after Disney's 2020 Investor Day, it looks like Star Wars (along with rest of Disney) is going big into streaming...

There's more Mandalorian on the way, along with the Obi-Wan show everyone already knew about. They're also spinning off Rangers or the New Republic and Star Wars: Ahsoka out of Mandalorian, all of which is apparently supposed to culminate in a big cross over storyline, not entirely unlike Netflix's Marvel shows, or perhaps Marvel Cinematic Universe, but streaming since Favreau had something similar going with Iron Man way back when.

There's also the Clone Wars follow up The Bad Batch:

Cassian Andor is also getting a show. It'll be a spy thriller but Star Wars. I think this whole genre but Star Wars is a better way to approach these than strip mining the movie trilogies. The original was very clearly inspired by stuff Lucas enjoyed growing up (also Kurosawa), so it seems like a winning formula instead of what we got with the sequel trilogy (I maintain that the Last Jedi was a pretty good movie though :tongue: ). Anyway, Star Wars: Andor:

Going back to the Obi-Wan show from earlier, it'll be, unsurprisingly, called Obi-Wan Kenobi. Apparently Hayden Christensen will make an appearance. They also have something called The Acolyte in the high republic era, and Lando, which makes me wonder if they got Donald Glover to play him again. He was good in Solo.

The movie news were also exciting. Taika Waititi is developing something "fresh, unique, and unexpected", and the next film will be Rogue Squadron from Patty Jenkins in 2023.

[edit]: Ugh... what a blurry mess of a GIF. If anyone has a sharper one of the Star Wars streaming intro handy, I'd appreciate it. :tongue:
[edit2]: Better thumbnail
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!
Tagged:

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Do we really need an Andor TV Show?
    He was not great a characters in Rouge One and we know how his story ends.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    i do think its a little odd that none of the new content is tied to the Disney trilogy, or a continuation for some of the characters..... its all set around the original trilogy?

I'm not trying to make any comments about the Disney movies.... i just found it a bit odd.. i hope the Kenobi show is good..... say what you like about the prequals Ewan was an awesome Obi wan...
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    @markmassey I think the have come to realise their trilogy was not accepted. So they are now trying to fix it with the ties to the Original and Prequel Trilogies and the EU stuff, which is loved.
    Don't be surprised if we never see anything to do Disney Trilogy in say ten years time. Hell I doubt it will be remembered except for being a disaster.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    well yea...... I just didn't want to be "that guy" who has to crap on everything.....
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    It really is a shame ... The Force Awakens was a pretty solid start and The Last Jedi was great aside from a few missteps ... but they basically burried it with that third one. Maybe it'll see some love 20 Years down the line like the prequals did. Who knows.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Ohhh, nice. The cast looks great.