Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

The Mandalorian [Spoilers]

2»

• kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    edited November 2020 #32
    I recommend giving the 3dshows a chance, they end up getting really good.

I am glad the child's name wasn't something starting with Y lol
    Post edited by kaden on
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    edited November 2020 #33
    markmassey wrote: »
    ashoka tano.. my word... the actress playing her did an incredible job... as with most of the people mando has gotten to know, I wish she was going with them to the next episode... I wasnt sure what to expect from the jedi we were waiting to meet... but wow this was far more than I was expecting.

I suspect we will see her again later in the season. And if rumors are true, there might be a Tano-spinoff in the future. And yes, Rosario Dawson did a kickass performance in the role. Damn near perfect imho.

But that didn't stop some from seeing something to b*tch about anyways. In a previous episode, people complained about "Baby Yoda" (more accurately now, Grogu) munching on unfertilized Frog eggs. After that, people moaned about the design of Bo Katan's "boob" armor. This time around, people apparently found fault with the length of Ahsoka Tano's "lekku" (the tentacle things hanging from her head). But I say, who the hell cares?!? They adapted an animated character to live-action, and it was damn near perfect. As was Katee Sackhoff's portayal of Bo Katan, but that one wasn't wholly unexpected since Sackhoff voiced the character in animation.

I could imagine by the end of the season, we may see the return of Bo Katan, Ahsoka Tano and "The Marshall". All 3 were portrayed by fairly known actors, I doubt it would be just a one-off.
    Post edited by darkthunder on
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    edited December 2020 #34
    I do enjoy it for what it is, a live-action kid's cartoon. I say that because there could be more character growth in Djarin. He may have been adopted by Death Watch (or whatever they call themselves now) and learned their ways, but the Armorer told him he was a clan of two, so having seen born and breed Mandalorians without strict helmets rules, can't he make up his own rules? He doesn't have the Death Watch sigil on his pauldron, its the mudhorn, so nothing in the show is telling me he is beholding to the way he was taught. I would like to see the character develop toward that.

I also wouldn't have minded if the show was more adult like the BSG reboot, without Grogu The "Baby Yoda" Child where Mando is just doing jobs and catching hard to catch targets, you know, doing the bounty hunter stuff. But I guess if your target audience are gamers, you make your show like a video game with side quests and equipment rewards.
    Post edited by psCargile on
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    It was getting better but turned back towards poo-poo town on this week's episode.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I have to admit... that scene in the first season where the storm troopers couldn't shoot at that can was funny.... but they have made them a ridiculous now... Also if Ray is the last Jedi.. how are there other Jedi??

my one concern is that the Mandalorian is more about the guest actor of the week than the Mandalorian at the minute..
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Boba Fett looking like Uncle Fester.

"What happened trooper?"

"He... he put a lightbulb in his mouth... and all hell broke loose."

Good show, but I'm tired of telling the therapist where Jon and Dave touched me on the fan service doll.
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    I have to admit... that scene in the first season where the storm troopers couldn't shoot at that can was funny.... but they have made them a ridiculous now... Also if Ray is the last Jedi.. how are there other Jedi??

my one concern is that the Mandalorian is more about the guest actor of the week than the Mandalorian at the minute..

The events of Episode 7-9 take place about 30 years after Episode 6. Mandalorian takes place about 5 years after Episode 6. Maybe no more Jedi in the 25 years between Mandalorian and Episode 7 ?
    this rescue might end badly then..... as long as we don't go all rogue one in the last episode :)

Or!!... that device quantum leaped grogu into an parallel universe where the sequel trilogy didn't happen?
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Or!!... that device quantum leaped grogu into an parallel universe where the sequel trilogy didn't happen?

A fate we can surely all hope for.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    edited December 2020 #41
    still not sure why you'd need ground vehicles to transport anything when you could load them onto a ship and fly them there.. I kind of get the feeling that this episode started off as a train heist in the first draft of the script.... until someone pointed out solo.. hahaha but an interesting change of pace... Bill Burr was great I thought.. much better in this episode than the one from season 1..

I wish Mando could have been more capable when they were stuck with the officer.... and could have convincingly blended in in stead of looking like he's just soiled himself in his suit, and had to have Mayfield keep bailing him out.. but he had just single handedly defended the tanker.. so I guess he cant do everything..

Always good to see Cara Dune I have to say, ..... I know the shows still getting tones of hate but I'm glad to say I'm still enjoying it..
    Post edited by markmassey on
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Well, that was a pretty unexpected. I enjoyed this season a lot, and that was a good finale. It does get a little pretty formulaic, but honestly, I think that's part of the charm, but obviously they're building up to bigger things with all the announcements and cross over stories planned. Hopefully they'll mostly pick the good stuff from the Expanded Universe, since a lot of it is kind of awful too. :tongue:
    darkthunder
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    The whole "Dark Trooper" was beyond stupid, as if Battle Droids were somehow new to the SWU. And why did Gideon need Grogo's blood to build them? Makes zero sense.

But seeing a young Jedi Luke again vs the bitter betty old curmudgeon Jedi with a Saturday Night Live sense of humor was refreshing.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    @sorceress21 ... All I could think about with those Dark Troopers was, that the Empire built itself some cylons ... good thing, Starbuck is now a Mandalorian 😅
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    @sorceress21 ... All I could think about with those Dark Troopers was, that the Empire built itself some cylons ... good thing, Starbuck is now a Mandalorian 😅

Exactly! I mean whenever I see Katee Sackhoff all I see is Starbuck anyway....

I'm so torn with the mandalorian... as we're going further I cant watch it without asking if they can do this.... what were the films about... and then all this feels pointless because it's all heading to the force awakens.... it kind of takes me out of just enjoying the show..

I know I was suppost to be excited when luke showed up... the kids were and I guess that's all that matters... I just kind of held my head in my hand... I think theyve broken star wars...... it was great when r2 rolled up tho.. I did say aahh.....

Honestly the best thing that could happen for the science fiction genre is for both Star Wars AND Star Trek to die. They've become too big for their britches and neither franchise is producing anything of quality any more.

They need to step aside, admit they had their run, and give way for the myriad of possible new franchises to take hold. They can both live on in the books and comics but TV and cinema, well, it's over. I know it, the studios know it, the fans know it but no one wants to admit it.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    @sorceress21 The blood wasn't for the droids, it was for a separate thing. Which is probably connected to the sequel movies.