Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Man, I really love this one, too. I really like that Tactical console. I think the film-era LCARS work really well on this bridge.
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Excellent work as always.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • solaremessolaremes27 Posts: 22Member
    Excellent job indeed. Looking forward to your next project.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Got a few ideas for other Victory interiors (specifically the briefing room and sickbay), and while I'm not sure I'll be able to work on these any more for now, I did start modeling work on the sickbay and wanted to get your feedback on it.

Essentially I realized I could reuse the circular bridge walls for sickbay, thus avoiding the ubiquitous sickbay design used from TMP to Voyager. With the walls extended so that more of the whole circumference from the TMP bridge is used, the room ends up having space for 3 beds on each side of a central entrance, with a nurse station directly in the center of the room.

At the back, behind a glass window (which can be frosted when necessary for privacy) there's the exam room, which likewise follows the circumference of the TMP bridge. I modeled a new biobed for this section, from an original piece of concept art for TMP that went unused. It's not identical though, it's meant to be a 20 years newer model after all.
    Enterprise-sickbay-concept-art-1-600x435.jpg

That's as far as I got so far, there's no lighting on the room and barely any details, only the shell and reused elements. Thus rather than renders here are just some screenshots of the Blender viewport, plus one very crudely annotated with how I'm imagining the rest of the room to look like, whenever I can get to it. What are your thoughts? :D

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-28-03-18-17.jpg?1606544449
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-28-03-18-07.jpg?1606544438
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-28-03-18-29.jpg?1606544455
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-28-03-16-53.jpg?1606544433
    Captain SerekLizzy777ashleytingerJMP11BolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Looking forward to it's progress.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I really like it. Great re-use of the bridge walls!

I like the waiting area entrance. Perfect spot and arrangement I think. Another thought, instead of going direct to the labs, maybe have a connection directly to the bed area from the exam room? That way you don't have to move someone through the waiting area and around people doing lab work.
    Rekkert
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    I like it! Clever reuse of the bridge set.
    Rekkert
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    I like how this is going. Great reuse of the bridge walls! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Decided to do some more work on the sickbay today. I wanted to avoid reusing the same biobeds for the millionth time, so once again inspired by concept art I modeled the biobeds designed for the Enterprise-B. I find the Ent-B sickbay set fasinating, it was built and shot for Generations but being so full of people it was barely visible (even when reused as the inside of the drydock), however it has a ton of props that were later repurposed for the Defiant sickbay, such as the biobed monitors and the big screen for the surgical area. I'm not sure if the beds were actually ever created though, I've never seen a clear picture of the set or even a blueprint.

tadeo-d-oria-enterprise-b-sickbay-concept-art-by-john-eaves.jpg?1606668204
    tadeo-d-oria-enterprise-b-sickbay-concept-art-by-john-eaves-1.jpg?1606668208

Here are the new beds plus the start of the USS Victory logo (for now with no text), there's also more work on the ceiling as you can see, and a bigger monitor for each bed placed on the wall. I do plan to add some more details to the beds, some text on the walls, and probably some white tape on the floor to signal each area. Still unsure if I'll leave just one door entering to the examination room, or if I'll add another one to the other side, with a little corridor going to the labs.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-29-13-25-27.jpg?1606667714
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-29-13-25-10.jpg?1606667707
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-29-13-25-48.jpg?1606667719
    ashleytingerCaptain SerekLizzy777BolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • richiewilchrichiewilch57 Posts: 41Member
    Awesome stuff, love this so far. Is this for a personal project or a commission? Can't wait to see how this comes out.
    Rekkert
    Looking good.
    Rekkert
  • AgaethonAgaethon22 Posts: 6Member
    Been a silent fan of your work for years. Love everything you've made. I enjoy how your stuff expands on canon and this sickbay is no exception!
    Rekkert
    Nice! Looking forward to the finished renders! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    I wonder if the Enterprise-B biobeds were re-dressed to suit Voyager (and by extension, the Enterprise-E in FC and INS)?
    Rekkert
    I really love that overhead ceiling light piece you have... very nice.
    Rekkert
    edited November 2020 #3047
    @richiewilch: Personal project, but I'm taking the chance to create several items which I plan to use on commissions in the near future.

@Captain Serek: Thanks! :)

@Agaethon: Thank you very much, glad you like my work so much! :disappointed:

@Rory1707: Thanks my friend!

@Rusty0918: I originally didn't though that was the case, but after finding some behind the scenes pictures of the Ent-B sickbay now I'm convinced. As built, the biobeds are rather different from the concept art, and their shape is much closer to the Voyager beds. Makes sense that they would be reused that way after their minuscule appearance on the movie.

tadeo-d-oria-guinan-chekov.jpg?1606709925

@BolianAdmiral: Thanks! Still working on that area, I want this room to be rather brightly lit.

I'm a bit torn on what to do with the biobeds now, I know they were constructed differently and are the same basic shape as on Voyager (though still with vastly different details and stands). Should I modify these to match the canon version from the Ent-B, or remain faithful to the concept piece? These are the kind of choices that keep me up at night (no joke). Thoughts?

I'm experimenting a bit with labels for the main ward, adding some lines on the floors and markings for the beds, plus a caduceus symbol on the nurse station, facing directly at the main entrance. Also, here's a revised plan for the room, I've added a little corridor connecting the ward to the exam room, and expanded on the office idea a bit.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-30-01-16-42.jpg?1606709916
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-11-30-01-06-54.jpg?1606709911
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Captain SerekWarp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerJMP11
    Nice touch, adding the numbers on the floor in front of each bed.
    Rekkert
    Nice work.
    Rekkert
    I say keep your beds. You're deviating from the design with a possible sickbay anyway, who's to say that these beds weren't in use anyway? I mean the TNG sickbay beds were direct re-uses of TMP anyway.

I like your beds and now that I'm looking at the Ent-B beds a little closer I'm annoyed that they basically grabbed the Voyager beds. I know WHY, but it's annoying
    RekkertBolianAdmiral
    @ashleytinger: They didn't grab the Voyager beds, they were custom made for the Enterprise-B, and Voyager grabbed them afterwards!
    BolianAdmiralashleytinger
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    been poking thru the thread and truly amazing modeling work very inspiring!
    Rekkert
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @ashleytinger: They didn't grab the Voyager beds, they were custom made for the Enterprise-B, and Voyager grabbed them afterwards!

LOL Ok, now I'm less annoyed, but still! ;)
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Well, if you match the canon version, it would be easier for you to do one of my requests, the Lexington-B sickbay which has Voyager-style biobeds.
    Rekkert
    @omnipotent: Thanks very much, I'm happy you found my work inspiring! :)

@ashleytinger: Haha, yeah same here to be honest. :p

@Rusty0918: True, though only the very basic shape is the same, these were heavily redressed to become the Voyager style biobeds.

I did end up modifying the biobeds, given the different stands and details they are very distinct from their final 24th century style appearance anyway, and I know that if I had kept these different from how I now know they looked like, it would've drove me mad.

I might add some more details to the sides of the beds but these would be original stuff to fit in with the era, rather than any of the Voyager style greebles. I also took another stab at the stands, which I wasn't entirely happy with before. I kept the same silhouette but made it a thick central stand rather than the two flimsy ones I used before, I think this helps in making the beds look more functional.

Other than that, you can see I'm starting to render out the images as I've added more lights to the room, though it's still rather early in their geometry.

Also, despite adding the lines and text on the floor, I'm still rather unhappy with how empty and uninteresting it looks at the center of the room, but I don't want to add any steps or carpeting. Any ideas? :D

tadeo-d-oria-c0-03a.jpg?1606957044
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-04.jpg?1606957053
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakCaptain SerekWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    I love those logo bedsheets! I know this is a more military or older ship, presumably, but I would suggest at least carpeting the area immediately around the beds... I can speak from experience that falling out of a hospital bed onto a hard floor is not fun, and I can imagine if the ship gets hit hard enough, some poor crewman will fall onto that hard floor, lol. And Trek biobeds are a measure higher than today’s hospital beds. As always though, great work. I really love the central lighting piece... reminds me a lot of the one on the Voyager bridge. And I love the brown trim color.
    Rekkert
    ADDED: one suggestion if you don’t want carpeting, but want to add a splash of color or visual interest to the central floor area, would be to add a kind of yellow and black caution tape-like marking, like the ones we saw all over the NX-01.
    Rekkert
    I like the caution tape idea, but one other suggestion is to move the medical symbol form the console to the floor instead.

Either way this looks amazing
    BolianAdmiralRekkert
    Good work, looking great.
    Rekkert
    Awesome job my friend! This looks fantastic!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Here's my suggestion for filling that space: move the standing console out from the wall a bit, and put some free-standing equipment and rolling shelves and such along the wall behind it. Not a lot, mind you, just enough to make it feel like an active space. Perhaps a bit more such stuff than you saw in the TNG sickbay, but that kind of thing generally (for movie era, look through the window in McCoy's office, among other places for ideas of stuff to use).
    BolianAdmiralRekkert