Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSciFiEric's 2nd Pilot USS Enterprise

1235»

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Stunning as always Mate!

Thank you, Dean! You are very kind.
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    stunning work, modelling and rendering.
    scifieric
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
    gmd3d wrote: »
    stunning work, modelling and rendering.

You are too generous, my friend! But thank you!
    gmd3d
    edited August 2020 #125
    This is still jittery, but it is my attempt at animating the effects for the title sequence for Where No Man Has Gone Before. At least you can get the idea.

All done in Blender 3D.

[video]
    Post edited by scifieric on
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    edited August 2020 #126
    This looks really nice... i'd suggest adding some film grain over the top to match that 60's film feel... and maybe a slight defocus.... just to soften it slightly.. but going off your other renders you hardly need my input... :)

she looks beautiful tho..
    Post edited by markmassey on
    scifieric
    markmassey wrote: »
    This looks really nice... i'd suggest adding some film grain over the top to match that 60's film feel... and maybe a slight defocus.... just to soften it slightly.. but going off your other renders you hardly need my input... :)

she looks beautiful tho..

Thank you!

Believe it or not, I do have some fake film grain andn blur on the images. I'll have to up that, I guess. It does look too clean. I appreciate your observations!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks good, Eric. I especially like your bussard collectors. Man, those look so good. I've never been able to get glass to look that good.
    scifieric
    Looks good, Eric. I especially like your bussard collectors. Man, those look so good. I've never been able to get glass to look that good.

Oh man, you are VERY kind, Chris! Thank you! I've been actually trying to make them slightly less shiny to more closely resemble the originals. I haven't found a good way to get what I want on it ... yet. Maybe some day! I really appreciate your encouragement!
    I've discovered another couple of slight differences. I think that either my selected camera is wrong, or I've chosen the wrong lens settings. Plus, the blinking lights on the underside of my saucer are slightly too large.

I've started comparing my renders to images of the original model as it was filmed in front of a blue screen. So, maybe I can tweak my model and my renderings a little closer to the original.

This first image is from The Roddenberry Vault.

vlcsnap-2020-07-18-09h53m46s632.png

This is from an episode.

vlcsnap-2011-07-04-21h42m52s46.png

My render.
    ship.png0138.png

All done in Blender 3D.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakashleytingerBrandenbergCowardBolianAdmiral
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Yeah you might have to dial back the size a bit on your nav lights, but you've really got that look down
    scifieric
    scifieric wrote: »
    Plus, the blinking lights on the underside of my saucer are slightly too large.
    Yeah you might have to dial back the size a bit on your nav lights, but you've really got that look down
    Thank you! I really appreciate your encouragement.
    This one is just for fun.

01NewEnterprise2020B.png
    rojrenRekkertLizzy777P5ych0p4thFreakwolfmanWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerBolianAdmiral
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice Eric.
    Thank you very much, Dean. I really, really appreciate your kind words.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Looking really good.

Never noticed before that the nav lights are off the centre line. That kind of irks me.
    scifieric
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Wow! Really starting to look like the show.
    scifieric
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Looking really good.

Never noticed before that the nav lights are off the centre line. That kind of irks me.
    Only for the second pilot! The first pilot ... HAD NO LIGHTS! (Wow!) They reworked the ship for production and changed things.
    Wow! Really starting to look like the show.
    Thank you! I appreciate your kindness!
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    That's probably why I never noticed until now. Glad they changed that, it bugs me. Haha.
    scifieric
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    That's probably why I never noticed until now. Glad they changed that, it bugs me. Haha.

Yeah, I can understand that. I like my spaceships LIT! ;)
    I wanted to give a try to another image. My memory has been affected by COVID-19, so I wasn't sure I could do what I used to do, but this isn't too bad. I should have added some motion to it.

starship-2020-007b.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakMcCWarp Propulsion LaboratorypsCargilelewisniven
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks great Eric!
    Are you feeling better? You got covid?!
    scifieric
    Starship wrote: »
    Looks great Eric!
    Are you feeling better? You got covid?!
    Thank you and thank you for asking! The answer is an odd "Yes and No."

I am working out (sometimes) to try to loose a little weight (a lot of weight) and trying to get a little more strength back.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I really cannot understand how they didn't get YOU to do the FX work for TOS-R. These renders are perfect.
    scifieric
    I really cannot understand how they didn't get YOU to do the FX work for TOS-R. These renders are perfect.

That may be the NICEST thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you, most sincerely!
    BolianAdmiral
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Another great picture Eric.
    scifieric
    Freak wrote: »
    Another great picture Eric.

Thank you, my friend!
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    Thank you and thank you for asking! The answer is an odd "Yes and No."

I am working out (sometimes) to try to loose a little weight (a lot of weight) and trying to get a little more strength back.

Take care of your health my friend. After you loose it, all becomes more difficult. With self discipline, soon you´ll be in perfect shape. ;)
    scifieric
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Great render once again. And take care Eric. Covid is nothing to joke about...
    scifieric
    Starship wrote: »
    Take care of your health my friend. After you loose it, all becomes more difficult. With self discipline, soon you´ll be in perfect shape. ;)
    Well, I'll never make it to "perfect" but I'll keep trying! Yesterday I slept a LOT!
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Great render once again. And take care Eric. Covid is nothing to joke about...
    Thank you, Tralfaz! I really, really appreciate it. And don't worry, no COVID-19 jokes are coming from me. I work in healthcare (the IT side) and the efforts are all to cure it or get around it!
    Lizzy777