Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Prometheus

2»

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    This is looking great. As regards to how the secondary hull blends into the mesh, could you not curve it a little like the Sovereign? That doesn't curve as much as the Prometheus but also isn't quite as sharp as you current version.
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Loving the curves of this, you have done a grand job.
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Some details on the upper saucer are done. Getting pretty slow now as my attention is recently drawn to Assassins Creed Valhalla B)
    w0fjyuj1aag7.jpg
    kadenFreakomnipotentRekkertLizzy777JES
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    She is looking Good.
    Oh man, you are really perfecting this. She looks awesome.
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Looking very clean so far. Have you normalised the scaling in some way? Looking against this pic...

a2ec3imd4r4b.jpg

...your windows are much larger with different deck spacing, which to my eye has made you model look a lot smaller.
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Amazing work! but i will echo that she does in fact look alot smaller almost half the size going by memory and that screengrab.
    You're right, I'm actually re-cutting the windows
    omnipotent
    edited November 2020 #40
    I think this is working better.
    The not matching seperation cut on the back is already fixed.
    hk3n7jvjry80.jpg
    Post edited by nightfever on
    RekkertFreakJESomnipotentsrspicerLizzy777
    edited November 2020 #41
    That better for sure, although I'd still say you're coming up a fair bit smaller than what was seen on the show;

d7ibweo7iei1.png

There 3 a bit bit decks under the phaser strip there. It looks to me as if the top of the saucer is probably 12/13 decks high taking in to account the bridge module. Your model is looking roughly the size of the intrepid class whereas I 'think' it's a fair bit bigger. Feel free to tell me to shush, lol, just pointing out what I see.
    Post edited by lewisniven on
    darkthunderomnipotent
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    According the Rick Sternbach, those cutouts on either side of the Alpha Hull's main deflector are Torpedo Launchers.
    15.jpg

It is your model, of course, but I kind of like this theme started by the Nova class, where the torpedo tubes are cut into the hull, and the Beta hull continues this theme.
    Ok I hadn't seen sternbachs drawing there, his scaling there is far closer to how you have it. The production model seems to convey a much larger ship.
    darkthunder
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    The mesh is also missing this dip in the hull near the outer edge:
    szsdw0r0s5mx.png

BTW, I've always hated the multivector crap - this ship would be perfectly awesome as a normal ship (even with four engines), and IMO the multivector thing was just gratuitous crap that ruins it. The hidden "saucer" engines were particularly awful.

Other than the two accuracy issues mentioned, this is looking very good so far.
    I think it looks better without that weird dip, FWIW. I know this is an idealised version of the ship and it's shaping up great so far.

The MVAM never bothered me much as the ship was designed for combat. It's a quick way of bolstering numbers if needed. The mini-nacelles and three warp cores were ridiculous though.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    I think MVAM would have worked better if it was saucer+top as Alpha and bottom as Beta. two warp capable combat ships about the size of an Akira would have been "groundbreaking" from a tactical POV. The saucer with the whack-a-mole nacelles was silly.

If i were to do a prometheus myself, that's how I'd do it as a "production" version.

I love your rationalized version however, but i personally reckon the "canon" window cutouts over the sternbach concept ones, if the ship feels larger, the MVAM looks less silly for space utilization.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    edited November 2020 #47
    Prometheus is said to be 414m long with 15 decks. Voyager is 344m long and also 15 decks.
    I mostly go with Sternbach's sketches because they better match to the stated size. And I think the dips on the saucers top and edge make it look rather dented. So I initially decided to not go this way but try to achive a clean look that will mix elements of the Intrepid and Sovereign class.
    yiya55big1iz.jpg
    darkthunderP5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Great render :)

i have to agree that the smaller size makes more sense with the multivector gizmo...small ship splits into 3 to take on a bigger one.... i guess it makes sense haha.. having a larger ship split into 3 for combat seems kind of pointless... or dumb??? who am i to judge???
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I love how it's coming along! I noticed you didn't include the larger deck 2 structure that's present on the concept sketches but not on the finished model, was that just too different from what was seen onscreen to include?
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    It's interesting seeing the two ships together like that. They certainly feel like the same family but different. Imagine if the Prometheus had been pulled into the DQ instead of the Equinox.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I can see the battle with voyager going the other way if that was the case :/
    edited November 2020 #52
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I love how it's coming along! I noticed you didn't include the larger deck 2 structure that's present on the concept sketches but not on the finished model, was that just too different from what was seen onscreen to include?

I did it but then I thought the deck1 structure looked silly on top of another similar shaped accented structure at deck 2.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Makes sense. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio