Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeaQuest DSV 3D Internal Deck Layout

Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
edited January 28 in Work in Progress #1
78b8tta8aqbq.jpg

3v223t0tt1xy.jpg

Work In Progress Cutaway. Trying to imagine the different layers of hull and structure needed to make seaQuest work:
dryrk5w1qis2.jpg

fljkdoxr9qns.jpg
56n081ci31ds.jpg

Updated with new interior bridge render:
wwp5yh2y5g39.png

Wanted to get to this for a long time. I had made a workable Master Systems Display a while back and now I'm using it to try and make a 3d deck layout for the ship.
yopmry72x7qw.jpg

Here's some very WIP renders of my progress:
wrip0e9zf8xn.png

Post edited by Mustang13Camaro68 on
MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
srspicerBolianAdmiraljapetusLizzy777commandersozokvorshkwibblecaveat_imperatorTrekMD

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    edited October 2020 #2
    Woohoo! Love me some Seaquest! I almost started a Stinger model a while ago, used to have scale models of both as a kid. The nose seems a little sharp, but it's been a while. Good job so far. Excited to see the layout.
    Post edited by japetus on
    Mustang13Camaro68
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Seaquest DSV, amazeballs. I really can't wait to see this done.
    Mustang13Camaro68
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Always nice to see the seaQuest.

Where's Darwin?
    Mustang13Camaro68
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
    Nevets wrote: »
    Always nice to see the seaQuest.

Where's Darwin?

The light blue tunnels in the image are the dolphin tubes! Not too visible in these shots. The dark blue are the Mag Lev tunnels. The vertical tubes are the missile silos. The oval/spheroid near the front is where the bridge will go. The 2 caged spheres at the back are gonna be fusion reactors, cuz I figure a future super sub will have fusion figured out. Anyway - so much more to add, stay tuned.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Peculiar, I always assumed it to be much bigger.
    Mustang13Camaro68
  • MightyMooseMightyMoose283 Posts: 56Member
    Next up the Atlantis ASV, amirite? lol
    Mustang13Camaro68
    An Update. Started working on the Bridge layout cuz its pretty much the most important place on the ship.
    h6plo5z7xenb.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakJayruwibble
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Very nice!
    Mustang13Camaro68
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    wooooooooow!!!!!
    Mustang13Camaro68
    Corridor WIP. Really would have helped to have plans/measurements for this, but I just have to eyeball it.
    9c3079tm3jlp.png
    Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryJayruFreakwibble
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Used to love seaquest when I was little... I don't really remember much about it... except Darwin (obviously) the into music and the sound that it made in the underwater shots lol (which I still hear when I go swimming) but i know i used to sit and watch it and then go and make lego versions of everything and play it for hours... and i think my desire to a marine biologist stems from it...

it wasn't easy to watch in the uk. i think the first season was on tv over the weekends.. but i'm not sure if they shifted the schedules around because it disappeared.. then I remember catching it again and i was like what the heck's this???? I have to admit i've not gone back to watching that first season again,, because i'm not sure how it's going to hold up haha maybe its worth a look...

Well that was a long winded rant.... but i'm glad to see this thread... cant wait to see darwin swimming along those tubes in the walls.. have to say i have no memory of what the bridge looks like.. i can remember the tank. and i think some sort of capsules that they sat in.... i think i'm going to have to go back and watch now :)

keep up the good work tho
    Mustang13Camaro68
    markmassey wrote: »
    Used to love seaquest when I was little... I don't really remember much about it... except Darwin (obviously) the into music and the sound that it made in the underwater shots lol (which I still hear when I go swimming) but i know i used to sit and watch it and then go and make lego versions of everything and play it for hours... and i think my desire to a marine biologist stems from it...

it wasn't easy to watch in the uk. i think the first season was on tv over the weekends.. but i'm not sure if they shifted the schedules around because it disappeared.. then I remember catching it again and i was like what the heck's this???? I have to admit i've not gone back to watching that first season again,, because i'm not sure how it's going to hold up haha maybe its worth a look...

Well that was a long winded rant.... but i'm glad to see this thread... cant wait to see darwin swimming along those tubes in the walls.. have to say i have no memory of what the bridge looks like.. i can remember the tank. and i think some sort of capsules that they sat in.... i think i'm going to have to go back and watch now :)

keep up the good work tho

Thanks for the long-winded rant! I love that it was an inspiration for your career. When I was a kid, my facination with the Titanic and CGI certainly made me a fan of the show and may have helped push me into a computer graphics career.

I've been rewatching the show and... I don't think it holds up, sadly. There's too much Lucas coming-of-age content and Captain Bridger seems to be a Mary Sue - he saves the day practically every time. Then they kinda rebooted the show for the 2nd season and then again for the 3rd.
    I'd love to see it get the Ron Moore reboot treatment.
    oh I animate Lego for a living..... but my "what did you want to be when you grew up" answer is always a marine biologist... and that's 100% down to seaquest :) and probably why my star trek ship has cetacean crew members haha!!!

ahh yes that's what I feared... however I've found all the episodes on youtube this afternoon so I'm going to watch season 1... withought turning your thread into a seaquest rewatch... I'll slip a cheeky comment about how i feel after watching it at some point :)
    Mustang13Camaro68
    I made a SeaQuest Master Systems Display a couple of years ago that I'm basing my 3d layout on. Take a look:
    56t9og6ya40u.jpg
    Lizzy777srspicerslybrarianwibble
    Corridor Update:
    qlyu5ecay93t.png
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777Freakxiaorobearwibble
    Corridor Update 2:
    l62lcisiqa8r.png
    BolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreakJESwibble
    Corridor Update 3. Mostly finished the Hex Corridor in the back, now to finish all the greebles on the main corridor and make a dolphin tube variant. Then do the stairwell on the other side.
    al00kn5hn3yi.jpg
    Lizzy777wibble
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear682 Posts: 171Member
    This is looking great! Sci fi and hexagonal corridors, a pairing that never gets old. :D
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    edited November 2020 #20
    Looks great!

BTW, while the bridge may be the most often seen part of the ship, everyone knows the most important part of the ship is the waste reclamation facilities. ;)
    Post edited by seanr on
    seanr wrote: »
    Looks great!

BTW, while the bridge may be the most often seen part of the ship, everyone knows the most important part of the ship is the waste reclamation facilities. ;)

You bring up a good point. I'll refocus my attention to that immediately. Maybe someday we'll get a sci-fi program showing the adventures of the waste processing facility crew. "Star Waste"? "Shit Trek"? ;)
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Star Trek: Waste Core Dump
    Star Trek: Reclaim Storage

;)
    Mustang13Camaro68
    edited November 2020 #23
    Shit Trek: Discovery ... :# I know I know I'm sorry... couldn't resist that set up tho....

Post edited by markmassey on
    Mustang13Camaro68BolianAdmiral
    Been gone for a while, but here's an update on the bridge. The layout of the ceiling trusses was difficult and I'm still not 100% sure about it:
    la9adxsac0cp.png

omnipotentLizzy777BolianAdmiralFreakwibble
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    lovly work! love me some seaquest grew up on this show.
    BolianAdmiralMustang13Camaro68
    Are you doing the season 1 or season 2 bridge for the ship? Season 2 was when they rebuilt the set and made it a bit more TNG-ish
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    count23 wrote: »
    Are you doing the season 1 or season 2 bridge for the ship? Season 2 was when they rebuilt the set and made it a bit more TNG-ish

I'm doing the Season 1 bridge simply because I like Season 1 the best. Though, from my research into the show, I understand why they made the changes they made. Having your background actors (Like Ortiz and Ted Raimi) facing away from the camera and a cluttered middle area (with the navigation dome/table) makes it difficult to set up cameras and position actors.
    omnipotent wrote: »
    lovly work! love me some seaquest grew up on this show.

Thanks! Me too! Watching SeaQuest, Babylon 5 and Jurassic Park as a kid are what got me into 3D animation as a career.
    omnipotentBolianAdmiral
    count23 wrote: »

I'm doing the Season 1 bridge simply because I like Season 1 the best. Though, from my research into the show, I understand why they made the changes they made. Having your background actors (Like Ortiz and Ted Raimi) facing away from the camera and a cluttered middle area (with the navigation dome/table) makes it difficult to set up cameras and position actors.

Nice, i always liked season 1 better myself, season 2 felt too much like a low budget ripoff of TNG.

I have some set plans floating around if you'd like them, not sure how good quality they are or accurate, but they might be useful at least in a little way. Let me know and i'll send them over.

Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Looking great! Am I misremembering or was Michael Ironside the captain for awhile? I tried to watch some Season 1 a few years ago. It was a bit rough but still many find memories.
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    japetus wrote: »
    Looking great! Am I misremembering or was Michael Ironside the captain for awhile? I tried to watch some Season 1 a few years ago. It was a bit rough but still many find memories.
    ironside was for the short s3 military revamp of the show after sequest had been abducted by aliens then taken to a diffrent planet and alien ocean and then magically reapered on earth a few years later when the world had turned hostile and bridger found out his son had a son that needed taking care of and he then left the ship to be a grandpa.. honestly s1 and a handful of eps of s2 are the only ones worth watchign as an adult imo :D