Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Auzris Project

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I love this design... it’s as if the imaginary Dauntless had been built by real Starfleet engineers.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    That's purty! Love the nested-curve design.

Layers upon layers-like the Mon Cala joined Starfleet.

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    edited August 2020 #64
    Progress!!!

Still working on the back end of the ship.. Amateur hour here with the screen grabs. Worked on placing the impulse engine and the detail around the shuttle bay.

9tuo0rx4j5d2.jpg
    n9rks23aamfk.jpg
    jutrde7hstmv.jpg
    Post edited by markmassey on
    lewisnivenevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakJayruBrandenbergJESsrspicerwibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Very cool. It has kind of a layered look, which I really like.
    publiusr
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That is one sweet looking ship!
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    that's just freaking awesome! like the story behind auzris, markmassey.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    It would be criminal not to finish this thing. Great curves.
    Cheers guys... no i'm determined that while i'm currently working from home for the foreseeable future, and i'm not commuting to work all day that i can use the spare time to finish some models... It is scary looking back to see how old this thread is... I did have to go back and read what the story behind the ship was myself... it's been that long.. but i seem to be making more progress than usual which im taking as a good sign...
    Added some more detail. was going to be the aft torpedo launchers but thought the placement was wrong so its back to being the tractor emitters and other greeble detail, i'm probably going to place the aft launcher on the hump underneath the impulse engine... also added the shuttle bay landing deck,

tckg1hxktfam.jpg
    nduieu1b5991.jpg
    252mvj5cjuf3.jpg

Couldn't resist knocking up a dry dock and getting a scene set up to show the ship in dry dock under construction.. better get working on sharpening those arnold test renders....

r7tsobi9m5te.jpg

Lizzy777FreakcommandersozoJES[Irishman]wibble
    Super large cruisers need a layered fantail like that.
    Just had a quick dip into this on a bit of an extended lunch break... Added a second cut out for a sensor palate underneath the tractor greebles.... going to be looking at the area under the deflector housing next.. ive marked the plate where the warp core is going to be.. Also roughed out the forward torpedo launchers..

gkcp6yy0w64i.jpg

9k1slpjtnp7d.jpg

FreakLizzy777ashleytingercommandersozoJESwibble
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Really beautiful design!
    Worked on the panel lines on the under side this afternoon..

rijic7f025n7.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777FreaksrspicercommandersozorojrenlewisnivenBrandenbergJESwibble
    Thought I'd post a couple of test renders I've done... having fun playing with Arnold at the minute... looking at shaders now.... But I'm going to have to stop procrastinating at some point and swing round to looking at the bow of the ship.. and the top half of the primary hull.....

ggdqm32jacwp.jpg
    6o8t3xy16g9o.jpg

FreaklewisnivenLizzy777rojrenwolfmansrspicercommandersozoBrandenbergJESwibble
    She looking really nice.
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    This looks superb. I've always like this design. :)
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Beautiful
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    Really digging the looks of this ship. It's a very unusual design, but still distinctly "Starfleet". Especially now that you're getting some of the colors in.

Given that the Federation consists of over 150 member worlds, it makes sense that some designs might look less "Human". I hope to see this one finished, as it looks very lovely. Also, while your backstory for the ship suggests a connection with the "Whale Probe" from Star Trek IV, also worth keeping in mind is that the Xindi race will eventually join the Federation, which includes the Xindi Aquatic subspecies.
    The detail on this is just amazing.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    It's a shame if she is designed only for aquatics. I'd love for there to be an entire line-up of ships designs liked this. I thought that something was missing from Season 3 of Star Trek Discovery (besides the entire fleet blowing up because of dilithium, because I'm pretty sure that the dilithium assembly for the Enterprise was sabotaged at one time, without resulting in her exploding).

Aquatic shapes always looks futuristic.
    edited November 2020 #82
    Thanks for the comments guys,

i'll probably go back and change the backstory for the ship at some point... (make it a bit better) but yea having aquatic crew members is for some reason something that's been there from the start.. the whale probe aliens seemed like a good idea because other than in the voyage home, we know noting about them.. I haven't seen enterprise so the Xindi weren't on my radar.... but they'd work too so yea, I'm having those in now :) My first concept was that there would be something like an alien humpback somewhere, in a kind of B5 kosh fashion.... so there would be a tank or several interconnecting tanks where they creatures could move around and interact with the humanoid crew members.. but with something as large as a humpback that might be a little impractical.. so maybe the xindi aquatics could be the go between for the whale probe creatures.. lots to think about i guess...

But no the ship isnt going to be exclusively aquatic creatures, they are just going to accommodated for onboard.. hopefully in a meaningful way not just a gimmicky way..

I've bitten the bullet and moved to the bow.. playing with the idea of a secondary deflector on the nose... makes sense (for me) to have one with the slip stream drive.... hopfully it's not going to look too like a blow hole haha... Also started thinking about paneling.... this is just a first draft tho so they'll change as i think about deck layout and where the hell the phasers are going to go :)

sq2sjfjtrlad.jpg
    0d9nxres36ur.jpg

Post edited by markmassey on
    JayruFreakLizzy777JESwibble
    She is beautiful. I love the lines and the idea behind her.
    - Mike Oldfield
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Looking great!
    If you make the deflector part of the bow and contour it to the hull, it won't look like a 'blow hole'.
    refined the hull plating design marked out the warp grills on the end of the nacelles and the aft torpedo launchers... time to start cutting....

wcz25014ata1.jpg
    ajuogsnjiznf.jpg

Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMustang13Camaro68JESBrandenbergwibble
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    edited November 2020 #86
    Really loving the lines of this ship. It's definitely Starfleet, but uniquely designed. Not the standard saucer/stardrive/2 nacelles layout. More like an organic Defiant 😛
    Post edited by darkthunder on
    I really digging those lines.
    I look forward to seeing them cut out.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    I was sceptic about the design but its growing in me with all the details. This is how Federation ships should look like in DSC's 3rd season.
    Freak
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Amazing work!
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited November 2020 #90
    I love the improvements after each new interation.
    Just a niptick: looks like her nose don´t have the necessary amount of pollys. ;)
    Post edited by Starship on
    The layered look reminds me of this:
    https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Cochrane_class_(transport)

A Planet of the Titans looking ship might be a good idea.