Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. Patton

123457»

• Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Very nice. I love these quarters! Real cozy! 🖖🏾
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    A couple of new renders for the 8-person quarters. One of them has an "easter egg" of sorts, by recommendation from a good friend of mine. :)

x438qnvficcv.png

1ha33hzdl78k.png
    ashleytingerLizzy777FreakRory1707
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Awesome room, great easter egg.
    shaved_ape
    Nice! Love the Easter egg. 🖖🏾
    shaved_ape
    Thanks folks, I realize the bear isn't exactly the most realistic (not that they do exist out there on the net), but it served it's purpose. I plan on "typing" each of these quarters, and eventually, with a little luck, try my hand at some "cutaways", so I can get better angles of my renders as well as seeing the whole thing at once. SU doesn't have, to my knowledge, a good section tool that can create good cutaways, so I'll wing it if I have to, but in the meantime, I'll press forward with detailing out bathrooms and then move on to the larger quarters for the officers, since my previous models didn't really come together like I had hoped. Then again, this being within the WIP section, things can and will change. :p
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I love these quarters. They feel militaristic yet cosy.
    shaved_ape
    Ok, I'm not touching these quarters anymore. The eight-man config is done.

Day Renders

xilcsutauc6k.png

p0ftixwpv4ai.png

zasgk5k4qsvr.png

Evening Renders

ovjm50pwnywb.png

s4y2v4yftdza.png

t0n14lqedoz6.png
    FreakLizzy777raztovWarp Propulsion LaboratoryRory1707
    Love these quarters. Great job on the renders! 🖖🏾
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    One thing that's missing is some kind of privacy barrier. I suppose that could be done with some kind of forcefield or hologram. There's no in-bunk entertainment either like the latest naval berths do, although starfleet ships do have such extensive lounges that might not be necessary.
    slybrarian wrote: »
    One thing that's missing is some kind of privacy barrier. I suppose that could be done with some kind of forcefield or hologram. There's no in-bunk entertainment either like the latest naval berths do, although starfleet ships do have such extensive lounges that might not be necessary.

Hmmm, privacy barrier? Are you referring to a curtain? I considered that, but with the curvature of the upper surface of the bunk, it's not exactly something easy to resolve. As for in bunk entertainment, these compartments are purely for berthing, and as you pointed out, there are lounges and such for that sort of thing...or perhaps the usage of a PADD too. Since that plan is to show the different compartment types, as you "rise in the ranks", there is more to offer.
    I agree. I like the quarters as is for sleeping when off duty. 🖖🏾
    Ok, so here are a few renders of the bathroom of the 8-man quarters. I want to make one thing clear though: I know less than zero about Trek bathrooms. These renders are my own interpretations of what a bathroom would look like. I also created my own interpretation of a sonic shower as well (more improved over the previous version seen before). I know someone will also comment about the strange "toilets" in the stalls. Well, again, it's about interpretation, and for what it's worth, I envisioned a fixture that can serve both a standing and seated position

Ok, I really have no logical explanation for the future toilet or how we all evacuate in the 24th century, but hey, at least the crew has somewhere to...well, go. The stalls don't have doors, in favor of a forcefield (saves space and more efficient). The panel on the stall wall will open and close the forcefield and of course, flush the toilet too. =)

ueo1ekxonky1.png

dobchzouye7o.png

43r9f7o57g3f.png
    Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryRory1707
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Come to think on it, we've seen a few baths and showers in TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise, but I don't remember seeing an actual toilet on screen.

I'm assuming "Waste Extraction" doesn't mean that someone stands on a specialized teleporter pad and is...um...relieved.
    shaved_apeWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Wouldn't holographic doors be better than transparent forcefields?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The toilets looks good, I can envision them not just changing from urinals to seated toilets but also changed to suit the alien needs.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Seems they didn't get the upgrade to sonic showers yet. ;)
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Come to think on it, we've seen a few baths and showers in TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise, but I don't remember seeing an actual toilet on screen.

I'm assuming "Waste Extraction" doesn't mean that someone stands on a specialized teleporter pad and is...um...relieved.

My wife actually postulated the exact same thing yesterday when she asked if I was designing a bathroom. lol
    Lizzy777
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Wouldn't holographic doors be better than transparent forcefields?

Possibly. I was watching DS9 last evening, the episode "Resurrection", and in it, there was a holographic wall used to contain the Orb of Prophecy...seems legit that the same thing could be used for bathroom stalls.

Again, I know less than zero about designing Trek bathrooms, but I had to create something, rather than just having doors off of rooms saying "Head", and nothing to show for it. :/
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    nightfever wrote: »
    Seems they didn't get the upgrade to sonic showers yet. ;)

It getting installed on Tuesday. ;)
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member

I was thinking the same thing, only site-to-site so you can stay at your post uninterrupted. ;)

Seriously though I do like your down-to-Earth take on a starship bathroom. Maybe tile would be a more practical choice for a floor than carpet? :)
    Lizzy777
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift

I was thinking the same thing, only site-to-site so you can stay at your post uninterrupted. ;)

Seriously though I do like your down-to-Earth take on a starship bathroom. Maybe tile would be a more practical choice for a floor than carpet? :)

I think Starfleet OSHA might have something to say on the subject, so for safety reasons, carpet is less of a hazard. Besides, aren't all rooms self-cleaning in the 24th century? :p

Seriously though, i figured I'd get a lot of bathroom jokes, by posting these renders. I'll refrain in the future and stick with mysterious "Head" doors instead.
    New redo of Patton's Engineering...

rlm8wcadexur.png
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkertraztovLizzy777FreakRory1707
    Nice! 🖖🏾
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Love the new main door and layout, works a lot better IMO.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Love the new main door and layout, works a lot better IMO.

Well thank you kind Sir. yes, I have discovered a LOT more that works better now. I finally overcame some previous issues with my other engine room design, some of it with basic planning to how my objects were created. My signage was a big hump to overcome and honestly, they worked out much better (I'll get some close up shots of them at some point, there's a neat "easter egg" in one). I know this view is a bit played out, due to several renders before from this vantage point, but I had to start somewhere. My light usage is more efficient and effective than before too. :)
    I'm shutting down this thread, or at least, no longer posting to it. It got off track, and I have some other irons in the fire right now, so I'll just leave everyone with this.

Computer...exit.

ovq6f1c8yw9e.png
    FreakwolfmanRory1707