Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

What are you working on?

13»

• Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    ekh2c1ol4iw8.jpg

I shut them off as they drive me out of my tree. :)
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    Those are VIEWPORT tool tips not UI tooltips. If I remember they pertain to the "VIEWCUBE" and the object hover. Which in of itself does not work ALL the time. You really have to fight to get it to show them.
    viewporttooltips.png
    man that was a pain to grab. they are fairly useless as the pause and wait is slower than just selecting the object to get the name of it. heh.

So far all obvious settings all pertain to tooltips outside of the base UI. ERGO viewport, viewcube, ribbon, etc.

These as mentioned before are the ones I want gone---> fingtooltips.png which are OS related as in past versions I was able to adjust OS settings to stop the interference. The issue isnt visual but physical interaction with the software as they block you clicking on those icons to select a tool. Sadly something on win10 vs win7 has changed to cause the interference no matter what I do.

Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    edited March 2020 #64
    I made a phaser array, that I can adjust the length and make follow a curve. I am quite proud of it, and was surprised that it turned out so nice.
    I am still working on it, now I am trying to make it follow along over a surface nicely.

I didn't use any references so the next one will be based on an existing design.

p1ldniummemn.png
    Post edited by kaden on
    P5ych0p4th
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Got it working, although it wasn't fast to set up, lots of rotation and location tweaking.
    eb4to7se3tyb.png
    P5ych0p4thNathan RubriclewisnivenOstermond
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I have the same thing. my program bends them quite nicely.
    edited October 2020 #67
    Messing with a new monitor, finally took the plunge on a 4k 32" hdr10 display. Latter I am not convinced of as MS really does not address it too well. Everything suffers for the hdr video or game. So I will probably never use it. Though HDR video at 60fps is nice.

I think I need to readdress my UI layout in max. . . . lol. Tried scaling in win10 and was not happy with that so need to look at messing with things. So far though since I upgraded or sidegraded to vray it has a toolbar but I cannot put those tools elsewhere or in custom toolsets. Max has always been a bit backward and dodgy in this area though as you have to do things a specific order or you have to start over.

Still mulling over how to best arrange displays too as the cintiq is a real PIG for desk space. and I pretty much displaced my 2 24" displays I used for refs and extended toolbars.

odd wont upload the image. . . .

scrrencap-4k.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    The Ergotron monster is growing.
    2020-10-13_18.38.44.jpg?width=960&height=454

Working on workflows instead of actually working on something. :eyeroll:
    Warp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicer
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    The Ergotron Monster hungers for 3d printed parts
    nangxo6q1fxf.gif
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
    Ah haha yeah, been tempted so much to get a prusa. But then I would spend all the free time making parts. >_>

I had to give up my koolertron pad as some RGB tool overrides the firmware RGB on the pad so it flashes full white each time a key is pressed. That or it is win10. Really miss it in the 2d apps, max I am too used to the keyboard.
    20201108_185814.jpg

The Ergotron Monster is appeased... for now
    Starrigger