Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarfleet frigate bridge

seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
edited November 2020 in Work in Progress #1
ony02fm9upx4.png

Tentatively the Perry class (after the last US Navy frigate class), essentially a cleaned up interpretation of this concept:
66c1cbj6enfg.png
r865vy326cbg.png

My intention is for this Eaves concept to be the ship for this - I've also been wanting to model this thing for many years, so that may actually happen now: ;)
lxxijlig4s6g.png
Post edited by seanr on
Lizzy777BolianAdmiralFreaksrspicerNathan RubricHilk_v001

• seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    BTW, the deck will have all of that vertical space too - I just haven't cut it out yet (so the rings in my screenshot are essentially where the levels will fall off as viewed from above, done just to get a sense of the spacing of things). I was originally going to make this smaller than 36ft in diameter but opted to stick with the Trek standard for this one after all based on the apparent scale of the Eaves drawing.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    HAH! I’ll be watching this VERY closely! I’ve always wanted to see this bridge done!
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Good start.... looking forward to seeing how both progress :)
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Looking good, be interesting to see where this goes :-)
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Ohh, nice! I'm looking forward to this one as well. :D
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
    I really like that bridge, it will be neat to see it come to life in 3D. Is it one of the unused Voyager bridge designs?
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    This'll be interesting.
    m6gbpfe7gp1h.png
    JayruBolianAdmiralLizzy777
    Oh, wow... going with a Voyager-esque color scheme?
    Oh, wow... going with a Voyager-esque color scheme?
    Actually, it'll be the Excelsior bridge colors, for the most part.

Adding the wishbone thing:
    g3ngylw8ptbd.png
    JayruRekkertLizzy777BolianAdmiral
    Oh, cool... very nice!
    jdeibqrlwtg6.png
    6x7drstumzj7.png
    xiocq6mqi4ot.png
    raztovdarkthunderBolianAdmiralLizzy777wolfmanFreakJoeRalat
    Nice. I was wondering what you’d fill those little blue triangles with.
    Right now, that's temporary and at the very least there will be stuff behind the grate, but I haven't decided on the detailing there yet.
    BolianAdmiral
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looking good! Love that glass touch you added on the horseshoe.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    No glass anywhere yet; I think you're talking about the metal railings? They're not effective as actual handrails, really, but I like the look. :)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    seanr wrote: »
    No glass anywhere yet; I think you're talking about the metal railings? They're not effective as actual handrails, really, but I like the look. :)
    Sean, the negative space there looks like there's a piece of shaped glass sticking out of the "horseshoe" (actually a great idea), rather than a bent piece of metal.

go5o3q26frqs.png
    z04b09gnrvbc.png
    JayruashleytingerLizzy777BolianAdmirallennier1FreakdarkthunderJoeRalat
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    Great work. You always make the best sets!
    Chairs are possibly temporary but at a minimum not finished. The materials that need to change for red alert are all connected via a driver to a custom scene property, so I've got a single toggle that can be animated (it's actually a numeric value from 0.0 to 1.0, so the transition can be zero to however many frames long as looks right):
    d1juhgpblnsw.png
    6b4q7cln1cxs.png
    0j1h88ayq9g8.png
    s6ctx2jv8mcw.png
    BolianAdmiralashleytingerFreakLizzy777Jayru
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    Nice Bridge! 🖖🏾
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Loving the lighting with Red Alert.
    Some carpet funkiness here I've already adjusted, but I'm really liking how this is looking:
    5mtym6qiecmt.png
    BolianAdmiralFreak
    Interesting. I'm really liking those aft alcoves a whole bunch. IDK what i think of the carpet in the middle of all that diamond plate flooring. Maybe if it were on a raised and lit platform, it might look a bit less out of place, but IDK. It's kinda like the overall bridge has a cold and metallic look, and then you have this patch of "warmer-feeling" carpet in the middle of all that. I also am kinda on the fence about the Starfleet arrowhead on the carpet, for two reasons. One, that kind of thing just strikes me as overly vain for even a quasi-military vessel, and two, the direction of it - from the POV of the CO & XO, they'd be looking at it upside-down. If you're gonna have it on there, I'd imagine they'd want to be looking at it right-side-up. Again, just my own opinions. As always, awesome work.
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Really liking the look of it, and the carpet sets it off nicely :-)
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
    Regarding the Starfleet logo, my idea was that it'd be right-side-up to anyone on the other end of a communications link.

At any rate, started work on the pit:
    5wkbbfwc0o9o.png
    BolianAdmiralkomaro
    Ah, ok. That makes sense.
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Great work so far! I like the colors and arch. I do have to that, while it's there in the original, that bar in front of the pit feels like it goes past a trip hazard and into the designers deliberately trying to catch someone's foot and send them plummeting.
    slybrarian wrote: »
    Great work so far! I like the colors and arch. I do have to that, while it's there in the original, that bar in front of the pit feels like it goes past a trip hazard and into the designers deliberately trying to catch someone's foot and send them plummeting.
    How else would you expect them to produce overly dramatic battle scenes? :p

At any rate, there has to be something there given the significant drop. It could also be used to vault oneself from the pit to the main deck in one motion. ;)
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    seanr wrote: »
    slybrarian wrote: »
    How else would you expect them to produce overly dramatic battle scenes? :p

At any rate, there has to be something there given the significant drop. It could also be used to vault oneself from the pit to the main deck in one motion. ;)

It's for when the Captain has to surrender or utter the proclamation "That'll be the day" when the ship has zero gee. Just hook your toes under that rail and instant Starfleet dignity. ;)
    seanr