Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationVoyager HD

IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
edited October 2020 in Finished Work #1
I've been working on this for a long time, I hope you like it

5vac41vagf3b.png
Post edited by IRML on
RekkertrojrenWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777GuerrillaomnipotentFreakMcCseanrBolianAdmiraland 2 others.
Tagged:

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    I really like the fidelity and color choices you've made, like your materials for the ice and a lot of other scene effects. A lot of your "Blink and miss it" changes are nice as well. It brings some potential realism to the opening that was missing from the original.

I'm not sure what you did, but the ship feels like it has some weight to it. Like a large scale studio model and in-house practical effects transposed on top of a composite landscape...Spacescape? A lot of CGI animations I've seen look and feel artificial for a number of reasons (none of which I've been able to overcome myself).

With that in mind, personally, I'd have changed the sense of scale for the scene when Voyager coasts above the planetary rings. Both by scaling the starship down and by expanding the ring system to better reflect the Roche limit. I also noticed you didn't add the engine glow to the particles as Voyager sailed above them. An interesting decision, that.

Other than that nitpicky quibble, it's a fantastic scene-for-scene recreation that's truly spot on.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Just seen this on Facebook posted by someone else..

Man everyone comments on the reflection in the rings lol I think that shot looks gorgeous.... and not having the reflection doesn't make the rings and planet look tiny :)

I've seen tones of fan made voyager intros and the ship always looks really cg... in those first two shots especially.. you've captured the feel of the studio model brilliantly... I agree that the little touches like the ice are lovely... but all the details like the nebulas in the star fields are really great to... Can we have some desktop images please :)

Great work.... but surly that's just to be expected :) Inspiring.... thanks
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    You never fail to blow me away.
    Just breath taking. I doubt a HD remaster of the original film can look this good.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    This is stunning. I'll need to pick your brain about outer space rendering and animation at some point. :)
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Oh hell yeah. I wish Voyager looked that good. I wish modern Trek looked that good. Incredibly well done.
    seanr
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Absolutely breathtaking mate, congrats on finally finishing it!

Would love to have some individual frames in HD for wallpapers if that's possible. ;)
    BolianAdmiral
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    show me what frames you want and I will get some