Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @Rory1707: Thanks!

@BolianAdmiral: Yeah, it's a weird arrangement, clearly just meant to be random Starfleet bits in the background. It's too close to be a bridge wall, but it's too much to be part of the ready room; perhaps it's an open style ready room in some sort of corridor?

@Jayru: Thanks, glad you think so!

@Captain Serek: Haha, thanks. :)

I've added the aforementioned rail between the two levels and some props I had, plus modeled a few more to add all over: Metal mugs and trays from the Defiant, and the light fixture we saw on several rooms from Voyager. I'll probably model a few more, these are fun to do. I'm not going for high detail or anything here, after all you'll never see them from up close (well, except in this render here, so excuse the segmentation). I welcome any ideas on other small props/decorations like these that would fit in here, either for the walls or tables. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c0-03.jpg?1603768075
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-02.jpg?1603766586
    tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1603766557
    BolianAdmiralCaptain SerekLizzy777JMP11Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakJayrusolaremes
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rory1707Rory1707232 Posts: 238Member
    This is so cool. It definitely has that Voyager vibe to it...minus Neelix of course! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Agreed. I love this mess hall... I love the multi-level approach, and it indeed has the Voyager vibe. I love that little Starfleet serving plate! My only suggestion would be to increase the lighting a bit, as Voyager’s mess hall was brighter than this set.
    Rekkert
  • Captain SerekCaptain Serek419 Burbank CaliforniaPosts: 90Member
    Good as usual, looking forward to it's completion.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    For whatever reason, I liked those small stands with the vases on them that Star Trek Picard added to Ten Forward (that we never saw in TNG). I think they might look nice on the other side of the railing from the tables.
    Rekkert
    edited October 2020 #2977
    Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you're liking what I'm doing with this one. :)

@JMP11: lol, yeah those ones are cool, even if I prefer the original Ten Forward vases with the purple spheres in them. Still, I did try out some decorative vases and plants on those spots next to the rails, but I just felt they blocked the path more than anything else.

Did a few more props for the room: new versions of the hexagonal glasses and bottles I already had; and those small bowls with red marbles that all the tables had on Voyager's mess hall. Plus I modified the chairs to have the accurate Voyager fabric and details at the back; and added new lights next to the windows, to provide some more lighting on the tables directly under them. Not too much though, I do want those to be darker than the rest and a bit more cozy looking.

I experimented with some painting on the walls, but honestly I didn't like how they looked like here. I know the room's overly grey and 'no-nonsense looking', but given the Voyager inspiration I kinda wanna leave it that way in the big picture, just adding details and touches of colors; that whole ship was VERY grey.

I'm kinda tempted to do the mess hall for the USS Yeager as well though, and that'll be a smaller version of this room done in this aesthetic, so that one will have a lot more color and character. Still have more details to add here before getting onto that one though. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1603953101
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-02.jpg?1603953130
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1603953159
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1603953187
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    JayruCaptain SerekashleytingerLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorysolaremes
    Very nice. The only thing I might suggest is to curve the windows more, to make them more like the shape of the Ten-Forward windows, because as they are now, it looks like you just swapped the crew quarters windows and ledge into this set. Or maybe use the Voyager Mess Hall windows? IDK.
    That's the shape the windows have from the outside of the ship, thin ovals just like on the Enterprise-D. Hence why I went with this very shape in the first place. :)
    JayruBolianAdmiral
    Gotcha... no worries.
    Rekkert
    Good stuff.
    Rekkert
    I've come a long way for the power of Genesis and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    really love this mess hall.... i think its minimalist look really works, i might be tempted to push the colour of the furniture slightly more purple, just to break up the gray. But it works as it is.. just makes me yearn for more trek... already imagining a crew milling around in here... i think it shows how great the design was, when the astatic from 20-30 years ago still looks modern in 2020

would love to see it in the tng colours, (i might have to photoshop that for my own curiosity, just to see if it changes the feel of the space)... but its a good solid design as usual...
    Rekkert
    This is absolutely beautiful! I love the added vases on the little bowls of marbles. Great job!
    Rekkert
    edited October 2020 #2984
    @Captain Serek: Thank you.

@markmassey: Glad you like the minimalism here. Oddly enough I started thinking about it on an updated TNG color palette as well, these tables could look really cool with the black stripes at the middle replaced with wood IMO. A project for another time haha.

@Rory1707: Thanks! :)

Added some more props and details to try and add some more contrast and variety to the walls. Firstly, I added a column at the end of the ceiling support beam next to the windows, just as Voyager's mess hall had on that space; though I added some blue lighting at the bottom of the column. Next to the replicators on the same wall, I added a small pattern of darker grey, in the exact same style as the TNG sickbay had.

Also, I finally got an idea I liked for some artwork on the walls. Well, it's not exactly artsy, but it's something I guess. The Quantum Cafe at Starfleet HQ, seen in 'In The Flesh', had this decorative glass panel with several ship silhouettes on it hanged from a wall. I did a similar panel, but with more starships (all of which I conveniently already had vectorized top views), and placed it above the sofas, inside a little inset of darker grey to provide more contrast and make the ships more visible.

Closer to the bar area, I've moved the light sconces that were previously above the sofas right next to the replicators, and added more details to the bar itself, adding thin extruded panels to it, just like Voyager's had.

Thoughts on all these added things? :)

tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1604035333
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1604035302
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1604035273
    Captain SerekLizzy777BolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryFreaksolaremes
    Nice update, I like the ship tops set, adds a style to it.
    Rekkert
    I just love that rounded Okudagraphic strip beside the food replicators on the walls...
    Rekkert
    I love everything about this mess hall. Absolutely beautiful render! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • TenaciousMCTenaciousMC4 Posts: 3New Member
    Very nice. If it wasn't so dangerous to be out in space, I'd hang out in there.
    Rekkert
    As mentioned previously, the windows shape and placement follows the known exterior design of the Steamrunner-Class, and thus a couple of the wall segments looking into space were left empty. I've added some decoration to these empty spaces, in the shape of metallic "fake windows" with a pattern similar to that seen above the windows on Voyager's mess hall. I likewise modified the wall pattern next to the side replicators to mirror this same design, as I felt it wasn't really tied into the rest of the room before.

Also, I added the same thin extruded lines as on the bar to the wall panels bellow the blue lights under the windows, once again similar to the pattern below the windows on Voyager's set, and seen in the screencap linked above.

What do you think of these new metallic bits? I think the set is finished now, unless there's any other idea for something I could add. :D

tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1604084576
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1604078419
    JayruWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerashleytingerCaptain SerekLizzy777Freaksolaremes
  • JayruJayru1083 UKPosts: 676Member
    It looks amazing - we need to talk more about a commision
    Rekkert
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
    I really can’t see the need to add anything else. It looks great as is, no need to clutter it up! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Looks good to me.
    Rekkert
    edited October 2020 #2993
    Here are the finished renders for the mess hall!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1604163601
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1604160891
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1604160942
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1604160988
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1604161036
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1604161089
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1604161133
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1604161163
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1604161193
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-appalachia-mess-hall-cutaway.jpg?1604179674
    BolianAdmiralCaptain SereksrspicerLizzy777rojrenFreaksolaremes
    This is so beautiful! Awesome awesome job!!!!! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
    Wow, this thread is now 100 pages! Very nice mess hall. The only crit I’d have, is the big mirror(?) behind the bar...if it is a mirror, IDK why it’s frosted/blurred so much, but that blurring effect on such a big surface really kind of takes me out of the rest of the picture. If it were me, I’d put a painting or the ship’s name/number or maybe some wall art there, but that’s me... maybe the client wanted that look. The set is very gray, lol, but I like how all the features and items are well-spaced and located. As always, fantastic job.
    Rekkert
    Good job as always.
    Rekkert
  • darkthunderdarkthunder408 SwedenPosts: 102Member
    edited October 2020 #2997
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Here are the finished renders for the mess hall!

Sorry for being a bit late to the party. Really love what you've done with the place. My only suggestion (belated as it might be), would be to change the doors to have a "window", similar to Ten Forward. Obviously this might not be feasible now that it's finished (and looks great regardless) :D

EDIT: Come to think of it, I think the Intrepid might have those doors with a circle window in them as well.
    Post edited by darkthunder on
    Rekkert
    edited November 2020 #2998
    @Rory1707: Thank you very much mate!

@BolianAdmiral: I know, 100 pages, it's insane! It's also almost 4 years to the day that I've posted my first journal entry about learning Blender and starting the USS Patagonia bridge over at DeviantArt, so it's quite a reflective time for me; I still can't quite believe that I've managed to make this passion of mine a job and sustain it for this long.

As for the mess hall, heh I'm the 'client' for that one. :p The large piece behind the bar's supposed to be a rough polished metal, reflective but not mirror-like. Now that you mention it, I'm not sure it fully worked as intended. It went through several iterations, I originally wanted it to have a 3D elevation map of the Appalachians (similar to the sculpture that's on Ten Forward) but it didn't quite work, so it ended up being a flat piece, and after trying several materials/textures, I chose this look. I did try the ship's name, 'Yesterday's Enterprise' style, but it felt a bit too militaristic with all the grey, and it wasn't the look I was going for. :)

@Captain Serek: Thanks!

@darkthunder: Yeah, I pondered about having the doors with the circular windows as in Voyager's mess hall and Ten Forward; I already have them modeled and it would've been quite easy to swap them in, but I just liked how the regular Voyager doors looked like there.

I've been working on a small commissioned piece these past few days: the bridge for the Epsilon-Class cutter USS Hack NCC-20099.

The commission called for a modification of my existing SS Rawson bridge with an earlier, Starfleet look. I replaced the front end of the bridge with that of the Potemkin battle bridge to give it a slightly larger area and viewscreen, and sunk the helm a level so that said viewscreen is more easily viewable by the other officers. Here's the end result, hope you like it!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1604672524
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1604672512
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1604672526
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1604672536
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-hack-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1604672548
    Captain SerekBolianAdmiralLizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratorysolaremes
    Nice bridge as expected.
    Rekkert
    Awesome bridge! 🖖🏾
    Rekkert
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Sweet! Always nice to explore something different.
    Rekkert