Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek: First Frontier

scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
Well, I can state that Star Trek, First Frontier is finally out after 5 years, and ... there is some of my work in the thing.

Star Trek: First Frontier

The thing that they bought from me, they didn't even use! They originally approached me for my Pike-era USS Enterprise. But the guy who was making the effects didn't use it and used his own. I'm FAIRLY sure they used my shuttle craft and changed the backs of the nacelle engine caps (mine has the ball in it). I'll have to look and see if they even used the shuttle interior I built for them.

Movie:

First Credit:
vlcsnap-2020-09-12-12h38m01s983.png
Tagged:

• trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Very nice, finally something from "TOS" again.
    It's a shame they don't have your Enterprise.
    scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Congratulations Eric.

I watched the first 20 mins and enjoyed it. Though you can tell they shoot it with a lot a green screen. It still cool.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    edited September 2020 #4
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice, finally something from "TOS" again.
    It's a shame they don't have your Enterprise.
    They have it, they just didn't use it! LOL!

I even offered to duplicate their Enterprise closely, if they wanted. But they said, no. I really don't get it!

And I agree, it's nice to see something TOS-oriented again. And thank you!
    Freak wrote: »
    Congratulations Eric.

I watched the first 20 mins and enjoyed it. Though you can tell they shoot it with a lot a green screen. It still cool.
    Thank you, Dean!
    Post edited by scifieric on
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Kudos to you Eric. I tried watching the film, but the audio and poor special effects put me right off.
    scifieric
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Kudos to you Eric. I tried watching the film, but the audio and poor special effects put me right off.
    Yep. I understand. I'd love to be given all the elements and remix and edit the whole thing, but they just asked for some of my models. At least I got a credit.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I see the Presidio Yacht Club has had quite an upgrade- someone took full advantage of building permits in the headlands. It's now such a hip and happening place they've even got Karl Stromberg paying a visit with Atlantis! :p

Congrats on the credit and participation Eric. From what I've seen so far I feel they could have made better use of your skills, but I appreciate the Easter eggs all the same.
    scifieric
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Samurai wrote: »
    I see the Presidio Yacht Club has had quite an upgrade- someone took full advantage of building permits in the headlands. It's now such a hip and happening place they've even got Karl Stromberg paying a visit with Atlantis! :p

Congrats on the credit and participation Eric. From what I've seen so far I feel they could have made better use of your skills, but I appreciate the Easter eggs all the same.
    A few people commented on the Stromberg Atlantis! Not one of mine. =)

I think they used my shuttle exterior model, but even if they didn't use anything of mine, I was glad to have contributed three models. Like you noted, at least it got me a credit! LOL!
  • seanrseanr1113 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 599Member
    Watched this a couple of days ago. Quite impressive. :)
    scifieric
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Cool that you were involved in this, but sorry they didnt use your model! That would be really frustrating... Unfortunately I was already questioning some of their vfx decisions by deciding to include the incredibly wobbly Enterprise warp speeding by in the credits. Not sure it even looked that bad in the original series, I suppose it was some sort of homage. Cool that they managed to finish the film though, kudos to their perseverence.
    scifiericSoul Scream
    seanr wrote: »
    Watched this a couple of days ago. Quite impressive. :)
    It was fun!
    japetus wrote: »
    Cool that you were involved in this, but sorry they didnt use your model! That would be really frustrating... Unfortunately I was already questioning some of their vfx decisions by deciding to include the incredibly wobbly Enterprise warp speeding by in the credits. Not sure it even looked that bad in the original series, I suppose it was some sort of homage. Cool that they managed to finish the film though, kudos to their perseverence.
    Well, they didn't use my Enterprise nor my shuttle interior, but I think they used my shuttle exterior! So, maybe? Still, I was glad to be involved.
    [Irishman]
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Can anyone answer the age old mystery of why all Trek fan film production teams can't ever seem to make uniforms that actually fit the actors? Or why in the name of Roddenberry do they use actors who are far too out of shape to be in any military anywhere, any time who apparently don't know how to use a razor? :p

Congrats though Eric. This was probably one of the better fan film efforts out there.
    scifiericSoul Scream
    Can anyone answer the age old mystery of why all Trek fan film production teams can't ever seem to make uniforms that actually fit the actors? Or why in the name of Roddenberry do they use actors who are far too out of shape to be in any military anywhere, any time who apparently don't know how to use a razor? :p

Congrats though Eric. This was probably one of the better fan film efforts out there.
    Sadly, no. I can't answer any of those questions. I'm more akin to Harry Mudd or Cyrano Jones (minus hair) than Kirk or Spock in appearance.

I think the only model they may have used of mine is the exterior of the shuttlecraft. But hey, a credit is a credit! Thank you!
    [Irishman]