Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSteve's Solar Rift Ships

Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
edited August 2020 in Work in Progress #1
Latest Image
DoLGqA6.jpg

Wow, first off I have to say I was really happy to find this place still going (and more amazed my account still worked. Last PM I got from anyone was 2011, heh).
It's great to see this place looking so shiny! So many happy memories and friends. Whoever re-did the website to make it look this nice needs a pat on the back.

I was looking all over the internet for a nice community to post my new WIPs, now that I've got back into the swing of things again. So, hopefully, this will feel like a comfy old sofa, but with new springs and no creepy crawly things that come out and bite me whilst I'm watching Netflix... <.< >.>

Anyway, long story short, I see you fine folk have a vast array of Trek ships that are looking really sweet, so I thought i'd come and add a smidgen of variety.
I'm currently working on a couple of ships and an outpost for a book series I've been writing.
It's set one hundred years from now, and a good few corporations are going around the solar system mining for super-rare-earth materials. So, with corporations making spaceships, I wanted to mix hard scifi with a touch of flare that a corporation might incorporate (pun totally intended) that a national administration wouldn't.

C0ERS7A.jpg
This was the original concept model. Just an outline basically.
In the background is the more conceptually developed Enceladus, but that's getting worked on after the Xiangu. Since the Xiangu is the focus ship of the novella about to be released. I'm getting the basic details on, but will be pushing it to a finish later. I need the base schematic first for the art in the book, so that's job #1.

rhI0459.jpg
This is a similar shot after a few weeks of catching time to do a basic detailing pass and fleshing out the design more. You'll notice I've been working my way from front-to-back. Everything after the centrifuge is still as it was. Halfway done at the present moment. \o/

Ecu66TK.jpg
A more head-on shot.

EnFJBSu.jpg
This shot really shows off the sweeping curves that bring out the side docking ports.

Fingers crossed, this weekend I'll be able to get most of that back half of the Xiangu sorted.

It's nice posting here again. Hope you're all doing well, even if I've not met you before!

Steve

www.solar-rift.com
Post edited by Stevie_D on
Warp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180rojrenoldmangregBrandenbergLizzy777Freakgmd3d
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Welcome back to the site. Nice work so far on the ships, I look forward to seeing them progress. :)
    Stevie_D
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Steve?!?! Rivers_3d? Welcome back old beam! How you doing?
    Already finished the solar system you were building some years ago? And the last incarnation of the Excalibur? :) It´s a loooong time!

Welcome back!

Stevie_D
    Cool concepts. Please, keep posting!
    Stevie_D
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    That's looking very cool indeed. I will watch with interest.
    Stevie_D
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    edited August 2020 #6
    Starship wrote: »
    Already finished the solar system you were building some years ago? And the last incarnation of the Excalibur? :) It´s a loooong time!

Welcome back!
    Thanks for all the nice words and welcome, folks. It's appreciated :)

And thanks Starship, it's nice to see a friendly face still around. My favourite Brazillian cgi artist! \o/
    I think I still have that solar system on an old hard-drive you know. I never could fix the scaling issue, it being that enormous.

I've got that updated version of the Excalibur too, as well as the Magellan that flicks up in my avatar, but i doubt I'll be getting back to them any time soon. I'm firmly pushing forward on my own material these days (as this thread highlights, heh), and it might be a few years if I ever get back to finishing those. I made the Exaclibur Class in what.. 2000 I think. Damned, 20 years ago. I should've done a 20th anniversary one that looks studio quality.

I was knocking around Kerbal Space Program for a while and made the IXS Warpship mod for it. (Scott Manley featured my mod on his youtube channel, 675,000 views!!!!!!) Considering these ships are hard-scifi/realistic near-future, I'm dreading the release of KSP2. I nearly put the Enceladus above into KSP1, and when that modding itch twitches, it's hard to resist.

Anyway, again, thanks for the warm welcome and I'm really loving all the other WIP threads here.
    More images on the way from me in a few days i imagine.
    Post edited by Stevie_D on
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    Considering the only texture was the quickly-put-together-and-slapped-on TKR logo, I'm pleased how good it's looking after just the basic detail pass. The colours are all still temporary.
    Ignore the shuttles as well, still a placeholder.

DoLGqA6.jpg

5jcs5dn.jpg

LAC0m8T.jpg

CL6bItL.jpg
    Brandenbergevil_genius_180rojrenLizzy777publiusrFreak
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Very nice!
    Stevie_D
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Yeah, I like it! :+1: Has a Space-Ex look to it.
    Stevie_D
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The details are looking nice and I like the colors. :)
    Stevie_D wrote: »

Welcome back!
    Thanks for all the nice words and welcome, folks. It's appreciated :)

And thanks Starship, it's nice to see a friendly face still around. My favourite Brazillian cgi artist! \o/

Thank you my friend! Coming from you it is much appreciated. B)
    Stevie_D wrote: »

I think I still have that solar system on an old hard-drive you know. I never could fix the scaling issue, it being that enormous.

I've got that updated version of the Excalibur too, as well as the Magellan that flicks up in my avatar, but i doubt I'll be getting back to them any time soon. I'm firmly pushing forward on my own material these days (as this thread highlights, heh), and it might be a few years if I ever get back to finishing those. I made the Exaclibur Class in what.. 2000 I think. Damned, 20 years ago. I should've done a 20th anniversary one that looks studio quality.

I was knocking around Kerbal Space Program for a while and made the IXS Warpship mod for it. (Scott Manley featured my mod on his youtube channel, 675,000 views!!!!!!) Considering these ships are hard-scifi/realistic near-future, I'm dreading the release of KSP2. I nearly put the Enceladus above into KSP1, and when that modding itch twitches, it's hard to resist.

Anyway, again, thanks for the warm welcome and I'm really loving all the other WIP threads here.
    More images on the way from me in a few days i imagine.

Hey, these are great news! I´ll look that youtube channel and the IXS Warpship.
    Good to see and hear about things of your own universe. I visited your site, and it looks cool. Good to hear about books coming too. As a side note I still feel the missing of illustrated books like the old TTA and others, common in 70´s e 80´s. Always loved them.
    Keep us updated old friend. ;)
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    I love the design
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”