Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKusanagi Class Project (TMP Akira) - Ship and Interiors

ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
edited February 2021 in Work in Progress #1
This project has increased in scope quite a bit so I figured it was time to start a thread for it. The exterior may be mostly done, but I still have some small bits to work on. The main focus of this thread will be the interiors though. Originally, I was just going to do a few props and put them near the windows to make them look populated, but that has long gone out of the window. After the effort I put in on the conference room, it felt wrong to not do the same with the others. I also want to work on a few interior pieces that won't be visible from the windows.

As a bonus any random images I do of the ship will also exist here. WIP work will start on next post.

beauty01.jpg
Post edited by Viper on
evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakLeoBerlinlewisnivenscifiericJES

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Here's what I'm working on right now. I was going to keep the hangar control room pretty simple, but I decided to make it a bit more interesting so I added a multi lever floor. There's a lot more to come, and most will be parts that I can use in other places. There will be some wall consoles on the sides, the table will be reworked as well as the ceiling. Just wanted to get the ball rolling. Open to suggestions :)

kusanagi323.jpg
    kusanagi324.jpg
    ashleytingerRekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreaklewisnivenscifiericjapetusJES
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Ohh, I like it very much! Those individual consoles in the style of the TMP helm are a nice touch. IDK if you're already considering it, but I'd suggest putting some safety rails in front of that two step fall between the table and the windows. :)
    Viperscifieric
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Ohh, I like it very much! Those individual consoles in the style of the TMP helm are a nice touch. IDK if you're already considering it, but I'd suggest putting some safety rails in front of that two step fall between the table and the windows. :)

Yeah, the rails are coming ;) I had this idea pretty late last night, didn't have time to execute everything. I might also have to tweak the walls to fit the wall consoles I want. Lots to do :#
    scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    What are you thinking of putting on the wall consoles?

Can I suggest a "Map" of the local space with the ship in the middle and it displaying anything shuttles etc approaching the ship to land.
    A bit like an air traffic control monitoring all aircraft in holding positions and landing/ taking off.
    scifieric
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Freak wrote: »
    What are you thinking of putting on the wall consoles?

Can I suggest a "Map" of the local space with the ship in the middle and it displaying anything shuttles etc approaching the ship to land.
    A bit like an air traffic control monitoring all aircraft in holding positions and landing/ taking off.

A combination of that and the Flight corridor map from the TNG shuttlebay may do the trick, i reckon.
    scifieric
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Got caught up with a bunch of different things, but have a cool update. Thanks to @Howard Day I was able to render this animation of the ship doing a simple flyby :)

Lizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerscifiericWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLeoBerlinFreakBrandenbergpubliusrrojrenand 2 others.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Ahhh i love a good fly by..... Somehow, oddly satisfying :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    Ahhh i love a good fly by..... Somehow, oddly satisfying :)

Same. :) It looks great.
    scifieric
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I can hear the Captain's Log playing over this as she flies by. Very nice
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    When the ship rolled by and I saw the conference room in back of the bridge, I actually said, "Good lord!" out loud. That really got me and sold the scale!
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    This is looking awesome!
    Good work!
    Stunning Just stunning.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Outstanding Viper! B)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I agree with all the praise. There is nothing like a sleek, ship's flyby. It's an awesome model.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Wow. This and the Repulse need to be on screen together
    publiusr wrote: »

What's the Repulse? From my quick search I only found a USS Repulse that is an Excelsior Class ship.
    publiusr
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Looking amazing!
    Viper wrote: »

What's the Repulse? From my quick search I only found a USS Repulse that is an Excelsior Class ship.
    Uncle Buck’s physical model— lost era, with round nacelles
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    edited August 2020 #20

An image would be helpful... ;)
    Post edited by seanr on
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    seanr wrote: »

An image would be helpful... ;)

Looks like this is the Repulse: https://modelermagic.com/u-s-s-repulse-ncc-3200-by-bill-krause/ ;)
    That’s it—this work mobile gives me fits
  • Hilk_v001Hilk_v00187 Posts: 37Member
    ship look amazing, nice fly by
    edited February 2021 #24
    I want to get back to this project. Eager to do some interior work. So here's a quick render to get back into it :)

beauty01.jpg
    Post edited by Viper on
    Lizzy777kadenFreakashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkertMcCLeoBerlinJES
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Looking forward to the shuttle bay
    I am really loving what you have done with this and look forward to see what you got planned.
  • froggi3froggi3336 Posts: 25Member
    This is beautiful.....
    Ok, so here's the initial plan. I managed to fit the 8 shuttles, the two big support ones (That's actually a spoiler. I don't think I have shown those yet) plus 12 workbees. More to come :)

hangar001.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777RekkertBolianAdmiralraztovrichiewilchFreakJES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Very nice!
    Viper
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited February 2021 #30
    Great start!
    I know I already said it but I'll say it again, I looove those *spoiler* shuttles. :p
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    BolianAdmiralViper
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I also love the spoiler shuttles!
    Viper