Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNebula Class Starship

2»

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Those details look fantastic. Gotta say though, the sensors on the secondary hull would be rather useless as they are mostly blocked by the pylon and nacelle. (I know it's there on the model.)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    By that logic, the bulk of the ship would block the sensor pod up top from sensing anything "below" the ship. However, it's never really been stated that sensors in Star Trek require line of sight and there are countless examples of them sensing things through solid objects.
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    top lifeboats all positioned, windows ready to cut! I am however, omitting the lifeboats which are positioned directly under the mission pod as well, not really practical place to eject them...

v0bbxa58bqrh.jpg

BolianAdmiralevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777FreakJasonAdankpubliusr
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Soooo happy you’re using the correct window count!
    I'm happy you're omitting the escape pods that would crash into the pod and kill the crew members inside.
    BolianAdmiralStevie_D
    I'm happy you're omitting the escape pods that would crash into the pod and kill the crew members inside.

Yeah, and it still fits canon... we actually have various lifeboat orientations on the various Nebula variants... the proto-Nebula/Melbourne, the Phoenix, and the Sutherland/Farragut, etc.
    evil_genius_180
    edited August 2020 #38
    There are some that overlap the nacelles too. That's the sort of thing that happens when you make a model on a TV schedule and use whatever existing molds you can.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    There are some that overlap the nacelles too. That's the sort of thing that happens when you make a model on a TV schedule and use whatever existing molds you can.

and don't forget the ones that are directly above the secondary Hull near the back of the saucer.
    More progress....

2cte3oez8ese.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLeoBerlinRekkertStevie_DBigd524Zhor2395evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenbergand 2 others.
    Looking great. :) Are you going to model the grid lines or texture them?
    Will be modelled, but they're super fine on the studio model to the point where they're barely noticeable.
    Indeed, they are. I suspect that's a scale thing.
    Any updates with this beauty? 😇
    There will eventually be updates but this thing called life is getting in the way at the moment!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    edited September 2020 #46
    Arr, Life always seems to find a way to cock-up plans.
    The main reason I have not worked on my Shuttle. Hoping to get back to it this week.
    Post edited by Freak on
  • Hilk_v001Hilk_v00187 Posts: 37Member
    looks amazing, very smooth, i like it