Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSciFiEric's 2nd Pilot USS Enterprise

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I corrected the rear lights on the Engineering hull. I've got both sides of the ship lit. These are all for fun.

I still have to work on the "triangles" on the underside of the saucer. Then I'll work on the textures.

Next week may be a little rough. There may be no more updates until the week after.

All done in Blender 3D.

WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001E.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001G.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001H.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001I.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001J.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001K.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001L.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001L2.png
    WNMHGB-Enterprise-Orbit001M.png
    Lizzy777Freakevil_genius_180publiusrP5ych0p4thCowardBrandenbergMadKoiFish
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks great, bro.
    scifieric
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Yes, this is a very nice mesh. Love it! :3
    scifieric
    Looks great, bro.
    Thank you, my friend!
    trekki wrote: »
    Yes, this is a very nice mesh. Love it! :3
    That is very kind of you to say! Thank you!
  • ViperViper1686 Posts: 717Administrator
    Very nice work! The last two images especially look like a physical model.
    scifieric
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Looks ready for some swooshing. :grin:
    scifieric
    Viper wrote: »
    Very nice work! The last two images especially look like a physical model.
    Now that is a great compliment! Thank you, Viper!
    Looks ready for some swooshing. :grin:
    I've got some work on the triangles under the saucer, then some texture work. But then, yep, swooshing for certain! LOL! Thank you!
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Looking fantastic Eric- almost like you could pick it off the screen. While the modeling is top notch, the work you're putting in to materials, lighting and rendering really combines to "sell" the project.
    scifieric
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Samurai wrote: »
    Looking fantastic Eric- almost like you could pick it off the screen. While the modeling is top notch, the work you're putting in to materials, lighting and rendering really combines to "sell" the project.
    Thank you, Samurai! I truly appreciate your encouragement! I am using the textures from my Pike-era Enterprise. I need new textures for this ship. Maybe next week.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It just needs the negative energy barrier ahead
    scifieric
    publiusr wrote: »
    It just needs the negative energy barrier ahead

You got that right! I'll have to work on that.
  • RidgeRidge47 Posts: 16Member
    scifieric, Looks wonderful. I really like the last two renders.
    scifieric
    Ridge wrote: »
    scifieric, Looks wonderful. I really like the last two renders.

Thank you, Ridge!

Other people have said the same thing on different forums. Can you tell me why you like those last two? I appreciate your very kind words!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    My mind is absolutely blown. :open_mouth:
    scifieric
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    My mind is absolutely blown. :open_mouth:

Thank you, Chris! That's very kind of you!
  • RidgeRidge47 Posts: 16Member
    scifieric,

Idk, I just like the look of it. Has more of a 60's-70's feel to it I guess.
    scifieric
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    @scifieric: Regarding those last two renders and their popularity- it might be worth casting your mind back to any changes to render/post settings you had for them? Looks to me like there's a bit more contrast in them (as well as some changes in color temperature). I'm not sure about the color temperature having a big impact outside of personal preferences, but the contrast may be highlighting some of the material details (like the weathering on the dish, for example) and making it more apparent to a wider group of people.

Just a thought, in case you're trying to replicate based on positive reaction!
    scifieric
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Ridge wrote: »
    Idk, I just like the look of it. Has more of a 60's-70's feel to it I guess.
    Well, thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts.
    Samurai wrote: »
    @scifieric: Regarding those last two renders and their popularity- it might be worth casting your mind back to any changes to render/post settings you had for them? Looks to me like there's a bit more contrast in them (as well as some changes in color temperature). I'm not sure about the color temperature having a big impact outside of personal preferences, but the contrast may be highlighting some of the material details (like the weathering on the dish, for example) and making it more apparent to a wider group of people.

Just a thought, in case you're trying to replicate based on positive reaction!
    Thank you, Samurai! Yeah, I figured it might be that. I appreciate your opinions on the matter!

I honestly don't get why people like the shot from behind. I did it for the ends of the warp engines! I just wanted to show I had gone that far.

I still need time for the textures and such. But then, yeah, I'll try to replicate the look and feel of the original filmed effects. Maybe with a little less grain and scratches. ;)
    Ran an animation overnight. This is just one frame. All done in Blender 3D.

WNMHGBOpen01Credits.png

My angle for the Enterprise is off, but I don't think it's too bad. At least, I hope not. Thanks for looking in!
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777Freak
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Maybe it's because I've never been as much of a Star Trek fan as I have been a Star Wars fan, but if you hadn't told me that was a render, I would have thought that was a still from the original series. Seriously, this is a really good model and your rendering skills are superb.
    scifieric
    Maybe it's because I've never been as much of a Star Trek fan as I have been a Star Wars fan, but if you hadn't told me that was a render, I would have thought that was a still from the original series. Seriously, this is a really good model and your rendering skills are superb.
    Wow! Thank you, Adam Warnock! You are VERY kind!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I have to agree. It looks like you stole a shot from the original series. Especially with that slight sepia color
    scifieric
    I have to agree. It looks like you stole a shot from the original series. Especially with that slight sepia color

Thank you, my friend! Yeah, I picked that this time since a lot of people seemed to really like that method of rendering.
    ashleytinger
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2013 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    scifieric wrote: »

Thank you, my friend! Yeah, I picked that this time since a lot of people seemed to really like that method of rendering.

So are you moving the model or the camera in those shots? ;)
    scifieric
    I know you're kidding, but I sometimes do both, but for the most part, I try to imitate what they did back in the day, so I move the camera. If I move the model, I may turn it, or tilt it, but that's about it.
    evil_genius_180
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member

Isn’t there actually a version of quantum physics, where space is the thing, that’s moving? I believe Futurama poked fun at the concept. But their jokes were usually exceptionally well researched 😁

scifieric
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    Isn’t there actually a version of quantum physics, where space is the thing, that’s moving? I believe Futurama poked fun at the concept. But their jokes were usually exceptionally well researched 😁
    Yes, it was revealed in the episode with Retirement Near-Death Star from (I think) "A Clone of My Own", that the Planet Express Ship's ability to travel faster than light was possible because the ship didn't move, it moved space faster than light. So, yeah. And their jokes were so good because of the intelligence and educational level of the writing staff for the first few years. They were EXCEPTIONALLY intelligent.
    P5ych0p4th
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    I know you're kidding, but I sometimes do both, but for the most part, I try to imitate what they did back in the day, so I move the camera. If I move the model, I may turn it, or tilt it, but that's about it.

Same, most of my animations are camera animated, not the model, except to tilt, etc. to make shadows move.
    scifieric
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Same, most of my animations are camera animated, not the model, except to tilt, etc. to make shadows move.
    Excellent! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    Ugh. I have to start all over again with the lighting. This is just not coming out right.

ShipAndTitleText02.png
    evil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777