Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    It definitely feels like an emergency only room and you've kept that Auxiliary Control feel you were going for initially.
    Rekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking great as usual, Rekkert. I know it's the battle bridge, but it still has that upgraded on the cheap look, even for a battle bridge.

Also, the auxiliary control room is an odd place to see the ship's dedication plaque.

redemption-part-ii-hd-149.jpg

(yes, I know the Tsiolkovsky's plaque was in a corridor just off of the bridge)

I agree that the room we saw in the Sutherland very well could have been aux control, but it's an odd choice to have the plaque there. Either way, I like the room. It's not pretty, indicating that it's not designed for comfort or for show.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    It also could have been a temporary bridge.
    evil_genius_180Rekkert
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert I could see Mayweather sitting upside down in the corner of this room after finding the “sweet spot” there! :p It definitely has a securely in the center of the ship feel to it and I love the TOS vibes from the layout.

@evil_genius_180 I’ve always assumed the crew of the Sutherland replicated the dedication plaque for the auxiliary control room when they found out they were heading out on a mission due to the main bridge still under repair.
    evil_genius_180Rekkert
    JMP11 wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180 I’ve always assumed the crew of the Sutherland replicated the dedication plaque for the auxiliary control room when they found out they were heading out on a mission due to the main bridge still under repair.

Yeah, we don't really know why the ship was at the Starbase, it was never made clear in the episode. We only know that there were several ships there in some state of repair or refit when Picard got them for his blockade. And, of course, we know some of the ships were short on crew, that's why officers from the Enterprise were temporarily assigned to them. The other thing is they could have just moved the actual dedication plaque from the main bridge to that temporary one, auxiliary control room, battle bridge, or whatever it was.
    Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Rekkert, has there been any more work done for the Orion bridge?
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    @count23: I considered the Sutherland viewscreen, but I didn't think it would mesh well with the rest of the design, and I wanted to keep the TOS aux room style. :)

@ashleytinger: Glad you think so!

Regarding the Sutherland "bridge", maybe the was just hungry, and that was the galley. When Data entered they started acting like it was all business.

@BolianAdmiral: No, that's one of the commissions that had to be put on indefinite hold due to Covid. Starscream's fine but having too much going on at the moment.

Worked on the viewscreen area, as stated before it's heavily based on the TOS aux room style, just with more TNG looking components. I might add some blinkies or something, but it's mostly done. Also, I added the two-tone carpet.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1594089906
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-04.jpg?1594089902
    BolianAdmiralFreakLizzy777Brandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I love the mix of styles with the TOS viewscreen. It looks great and works nicely with the design.
    Rekkert
    I love the look. I don't think it needs blinkies, but maybe an memory stick access panel or two would do it
    Rekkert
    edited July 2020 #2801
    Happy you like what I was going for @evil_genius_180 and @ashleytinger!

Compared to some other battle bridges and rooms, this was still way too big for what I'm going for, so I moved the back of the bridge forward by almost a meter, thus everything sits closer together. As a result of this, one of the "windows" into the side rooms got removed.

Other than tweaking the materials and LCARS, plus adding some more greebles, I'm happy with how it is now.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-05.jpg?1594135081
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-03.jpg?1594135086
    tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-07-07-12-15-52.jpg?1594135092
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    ashleytingerBolianAdmiralJMP11evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777Brandenberg
    Still feels cramped and this would be the last place you'd want to have to be to keep your ship moving. Very nice!
    Rekkert
    This would make a good freighter bridge design, if I might say so myself!
    Rekkert
    edited July 2020 #2804
    I love those side alcove areas! Great work! It’s a really believable creation.
    Post edited by JMP11 on
    Rekkert
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    Looks good now, I think perhaps tilt the flight control and ops stations in a bit, like Season 1 E-D bridge, they seem a bit odd looking from the back angle towards the viewscreen.
    Rekkert
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    I just rewatched the Sutherland scenes from 'Redemption', and I noticed that the doors are labeled as being in deck 1. So, given that and the plaque, I guess it is supposed to be the main bridge after all. Perhaps a temporary one hastily attached to the ship in drydock, but the main bridge nonetheless.

@ashleytinger: Hahaha, indeed! Thanks.

@Rusty0918: Well, you might say so yourself, and I would agree! :p

@JMP11: Thanks! Glad you think so!

@count23: When I was first putting the room together I tried having those rotated a bit, but it's has too much of an 'early TNG' feel, and I preferred the straight look (plus it matches how they are on the main bridge). :)

Finishing touches on the room. I've added a small inset frame to the viewscreen, and some blinkies. I just felt that area needed something. Also added the LCARS for the tactical console, and did the new panel for the left alcove, which is just a cheap reuse of the MSD LCARS, but with a side and top view of the ship rather than the bigger cutaway graphic.

tadeo-d-oria-c4-00.jpg?1594256169
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerFreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Brandenberg
    I like how you know what touches to add to an area to add visual interest without going overboard.
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I just love your bridges
    Rekkert
    @evil_genius_180: Haha, I do worry about not overdoing it sometimes, but then again I also worry about not adding enough details and things looking too sparse.

@Freak: Thanks! :)

Here's the finished room. I decided to add support struts into the two consoles flanking the viewscreen, just as they had on main engineering. There's also a keypad at the door, which I actually added yesterday, but forgot to mention/show. :p

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1594268410
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1594282165
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1594282173
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1594282182
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1594282191
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-potemkin-battle-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1594282198
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakLizzy777Brandenberg
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    If it helps at all, the gfx folk always said the bridge modulers were...well modular so they could be swapped out, so your idea of a temporary bridge works. Picard did kinda root around in the junk drawer for his fleet.
    Rekkert
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    The finished bridge looks great.
    Rekkert
    Zhor2395 wrote: »
    If it helps at all, the gfx folk always said the bridge modulers were...well modular so they could be swapped out, so your idea of a temporary bridge works. Picard did kinda root around in the junk drawer for his fleet.

Yeah, it was said in the episode that so many ships were ready and others could be made ready. (don't remember the exact numbers) I think the Sutherland definitely qualifies as one of the latter.
    Rekkert
    This turned out great! All your interiors do!
    Rekkert
    Or. Or the door was damaged and they hastily replaced the door with one from deck 1. :p

It makes me feel claustrophobic just looking at it. Nice work!
    Rekkert
    I think I'd go with temporary or incomplete bridge myself, given the circumstances.
    Rekkert
    They can swap out bridge sections. Maybe for extended drydock they have a utilitarian bridge that can function as a bridge but is predominently for keeping up with repairs and restructuring of the ship?
    Rekkert
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    The crew calls it the broom cupboard. ;)
    Rekkert
    Glad you liked how that battle bridge turned out, it certainly won't be long until I go back to that layout. ;)

@nightfever: Thanks for the laugh :joy:

As mentioned before, decided to open up some more commissions given the 4 ones that are stopped beyond my control. This brings me to the bridge of the USS Lafayette NCC-65616, a New Orleans-Class ship, as it looked like after the end of the Dominion War. The layout will be a mix of the Enterprise-D and Odyssey, among other bits.

As you can see, the front end is pretty much identical to the TNG bridge, but the walls don't curve inwards at the top, they remain straight upwards. The aft section will be the Odyssey's; and the ramp will be replaced with steps at each side of the horseshoe (which will also be replaced by the Frontier/Ross style one). The ceiling will be brand new, but heavily inspired on the Odyssey/Frontier design.

The colors are just the TNG ones for now, but they will change later.

tadeo-d-oria-c0-01.jpg?1594416154
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakJMP11Brandenberg
    Will be working on the Lafayette bridge alongside another commission: the bridge for the Saber-Class USS Columbia NCC-82816.

True to its name, the bridge layout is directly inspired by the NX-Class. That means a totally new shell for the bridge, with mostly new consoles, done in the Nemesis style. I'm looking forward on working on this one!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1594514240
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-02.jpg?1594514247
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I LOVE how stark and austere this bridge is.
    Rekkert
    Those double doors look like they don't have enough clearance to open. Though to be fair, there was a badly placed set of double doors in the Voyager sickbay set.
    Rekkert