Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

TimeOut

AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
edited June 2020 in General Discussion #1
I need to take a leave for a few weeks, months, dunno.
Things are lately going completely insane over here.
Landlord trying to evict me for not paying rent (I pay half because of all the faults, and that has been confirmed by lawyers), or that I'm squatting (I don't), next he tried to acuse me of being in breach of contract by having subtenants (I don't, I currently have two friends here whose former flat-share has fallen apart).
Criminal investigators recently confiscated my computer, mobile and iPad (I'm writing from the laptop a friend borrowed me) under acusations that I possess some inhumane-illegal crap (wtf). Two days later, cops show up searching for one of my friends, under the pretense that he hasn't payed his fines (he asked for a deferred payment, but the prosecution never answered back).
My mothers health is rapidly declining (she's 75) and I cannot for the life of us find a house that is both affortable, big enough and older peoples friendly.

Feels and seems like the world has gone full bananas lately....... So yeah, I need to take some time off and sort this insanity out before I can finally care again about these finer and cultivated things.
Cya soeday (hopefully soon),
-Alex 'Aresius'
Post edited by Aresius on

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sorry to hear that @Aresius, sound like your having a rough time.
    I hope you can get everything sorted out.

In the mean time, don't worry about us, we will be still here when you can come back.

Until then Stay Safe.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Thanks. I got myself a replacement-computer for now and fortunately, my NAS has not been confiscated (I share it with my mother, it is also a backup for her stuff), so at least I have not lost everything. Still a crappy situation, the uncertainty and all that...

I will keep you updated as time passes. Long story why here. Simply put, I feel more and more at home in scifi than in reality........ And you guys are the closest thing of a community to that.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Good to see your back up and running.
    Hope everything is working out for you.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm sorry to hear things have been going so badly for you. With what you told us, I can certainly see why you'd want to escape that. This is definitely a great community for that.