Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise Refit VR Exploration Project

2»

• mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    I guess for basic repairs you could possibly remove a part of the deck segment, with a full "unstacking" only when absolutely needed.

The main thought was a data centre, but self contained in a column between decks. Green for active connection nodes, Blue for available nodes, Red for damaged or repairing etc.

Once it is all flickering, beeping sounds, that nice hum sound. It will feel like a real hive of activity and life.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Absolutely love this!!
    Always wanted to see inside this ship. Started watching the videos...too cool!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Wow. Another thread I missed. Nice!
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Threw this together because I actually like the colored panels.

constitution_class_deck_color_guide_by_ashleytinger-dchyzs5.jpg

Well I'm on the fence about the yellow panels... but I like the others.

Not my project though and they definitely abandoned the colored panels after the Motion Picture and onwards.

Really good reference for the radial corridors:
    https://thirdwavedesigndotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/door-type-a-blueprint-2-0-002.png

As for the concentric corridors, your bulkheads are incorrect relative to the first three movies. Take a closer look at the screencaps above and you'll not that they are not the same as the radial corridors - the angles are steeper and the top angled beam continues to the wall instead of the middle angled beam continuing to the ceiling.

Regarding the core, for each of those boxes, I can definitely see those sliding out with that center "divider" possibly allowing the halves to slide out independently of each other. Maybe I'll knock out a quick sketch later of what I have in mind.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    While I would love to explore the innards of a Connie refit, just keep in mind that CBS/Viacom might not be too happy with what you're doing. They weren't happy about the "Stage 9" deal which showed the insides of the Enterprise-D, forcing the developers to discontinue the project.
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    While I would love to explore the innards of a Connie refit, just keep in mind that CBS/Viacom might not be too happy with what you're doing. They weren't happy about the "Stage 9" deal which showed the insides of the Enterprise-D, forcing the developers to discontinue the project.

Dan was involved with Stage 9, and is still working with the group, but on the Orville Interactive Experience
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    @mdta - yeah I know. Rekkert also contributed as well.