Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Constellation-Class Thread

• nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Awesome!!!
    I would give the floor a another colour (somewhat blue-ish) to get away from the over-clean look. But that's just my personal preference.
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    so shine

much wow

render times!
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    This looks amazing. Hate to be the cleaning crew who has to get all the finger prints and smudges off the walls!:D
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    This looks amazing. Hate to be the cleaning crew who has to get all the finger prints and smudges off the walls!:D

Naaah, since all internal structure is enhanced by the Structural Integrity Field, they've incorporated a Particular Matter Repulsion Matrix into the SIF that results in perpetually clean walls. All dust, skin cells and oils, etc. are repelled into the air where the Airborne Pollutant Manifold Intakes installed in all the air ducts take care of it.

It's simple.

That bit of random technobabble is brought to you by Cool Model, Brah! :D
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    Sanderlee wrote: »
    Naaah, since all internal structure is enhanced by the Structural Integrity Field, they've incorporated a Particular Matter Repulsion Matrix into the SIF that results in perpetually clean walls. All dust, skin cells and oils, etc. are repelled into the air where the Airborne Pollutant Manifold Intakes installed in all the air ducts take care of it.

It's simple.

That bit of random technobabble is brought to you by Cool Model, Brah! :D

LOL! great fun.....
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    Having poured over a few screen caps showing corridors in the films, it's kind of surprising just how dusty they are!
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Maybe you should consider modelling a small carpenters station and a pile of MDF for just out of shot, for added realism. :shiner:
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
    Nah, a real one in the house is enough for me :p
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    It's always wood jokes with you, isn't it...?

:p
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Nice Martok! I've been looking for some high quality door/wall labels from that era, only found a couple.
    I guess it's time I posted an update on this... nearly finished with the maps, at long last. Just a couple of weathering passes to go, and a general round of balancing. Plus decals, of course.

ldmu27ewo8hi.png

fvzybx1y4aod.png
    FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Brandenbergscifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It looks great. This isn't an easy model to do due to the references available and you've done a fantastic job on it.
    scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is one great looking model and I am loving the level of detail you have put into this.
    But then you where never slouch when it came to details.
    Brandenbergscifieric
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I appreciate the detail and the subtle changes you've done!
    Brandenbergscifieric
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Freak wrote: »
    This is one great looking model and I am loving the level of detail you have put into this.
    But then you where never slouch when it came to details.
    Yeah, and then some. :3
    scifieric
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Great job! Always liked the design of this one. No nice swoops are graceful curves, all greebles and business!
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Nice. She's looking good. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    publiusr
    Hull surfaces pretty much finished now. Just need to rework all the glowy bits - engines, lights, etc.

qj702jr2xsf8.png

lstvlujwsxkp.png
    RekkertLizzy777MadKoiFishxiaorobearevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenbergFreak
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Gorgeous!!
    That paneling looks great.
    Man o man that's a nice job. :+1:
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Oh, she looks ready for a jaunt somewhere. Looking great from here. :)
    Outstanding!
    Calling her finished, at long last! I'll do some more renders later in the week, but for now...

668ijbkglbem.png
    ViperseanrRekkertWarp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180BrandenbergLizzy777FreakMadKoiFishscifieric
    Sweet. I was not a big fan of the Constellation but yours and @evil_genius_180 's have altered my impression. You've both done them better than they appear in the series.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Calling her finished, at long last! I'll do some more renders later in the week, but for now...
    That looks FANTASTIC!
    Sweet. I was not a big fan of the Constellation but yours and @evil_genius_180 's have altered my impression. You've both done them better than they appear in the series.
    Yeah, that's certainly the truth, isn't it?
    edited July 2020 #148
    OK, I have run off a bunch of renders, trying to find angles that don't make the ship look too ungainly :) Some are a little noisy; others I have re-run with the denoiser turned on.

I think I will make a short animation of her as well. This kind of thing is now totally feasible for me thanks to Redshift.

(All together on my Artstation page: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NxyQxD)

vhcj8pyg19y9.jpg

rg9mcrzz4tng.jpg

iff6hc948v57.jpg

vsz8ojeg9epw.jpg

w9ul7kgwkgc6.jpg

8930qkagkiu1.jpg

ozqufwbhyil6.jpg

l5cvuzmbwm51.jpg

flxyk4ezes25.jpg

43heocsd2j0b.jpg

Post edited by Martocticvs on
    rojrenevil_genius_180ViperFreakcommandersozoLizzy777ashleytingerpubliusrBrandenbergslybrarianand 2 others.
    It looks great. Yeah, this design definitely has some fugly angles. But, I think you managed to find all of the good ones.
    scifiericlewisniven
    Fugly angles or not, I love this ship.
    Really loving those pic's.
    scifieric
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    awesome work, stunning pics. like it a lot!
    scifieric