Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars ISD (Blender)

Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
edited June 2020 in Work in Progress #1
Suddenly decided to start on an ISD... what have i done.

5kczqolbzovo.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
evil_genius_180Lizzy777
Tagged:

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Nice start.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited June 2020 #3
    Man, how do you "suddenly" decide to start an ISD? Big job a head of you. It appears you are up to the task tho.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    edited June 2020 #4
    Man, how do you "suddenly" decide to start and ISD? Big job a head of you. It appears you are up to the task tho.

Was looking up tutorials and came across cggeeks tut on making a ISD and thought what the hell got nothing better to do haha.

Post edited by Bigd524 on
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's a hell of an undertaking, but it looks like you're off to a good start. Though, the ISD is one of those ships where you can pick your level of detail. There's the one from the original film that's nicely detailed but not quite the insanity that is the one from Empire. Then there's the version from Rebels, which had drastically reduced detail. Then there's always some kind of blend of versions. It's always nice to have options. :)
    Bigd524
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited June 2020 #6
    ...and then there's fractalsponge B)
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Bigd524japetus
    edited June 2020 #7
    Feel like i may have jumped in at the deep end here lol... going to do an arquitens as a sort of greeble exercise and work back into the ISD as the greebles are not realy looking good to me as they stand, just a mish mash of pieces placed randomly.

47n42c0xeok8.png
    Post edited by Bigd524 on
    Lizzy777
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Terrific work!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    You might try a Planet Of The Titans Enterprise if the greenies are too much of a problem
    xiaorobearLizzy777
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear682 Posts: 171Member
    Looking really great! And I really like the running lights illuminating areas of the ship.

I do think some of the lighting and surfaces don't quite match the classic Star Wars look. Maybe you could get a little bit of rougher variation on some of the panels, and a bit more GI bounce? There are a few areas where a complete bright / directly-lit surface is right next to an extremely dark shadow area, and maybe a bit more light bouncing back in there could give it a bit more of that physical model feel, even if real space lighting might be that stark.
    Bigd524
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Looking good.