Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTOS Connie

2»

• MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    Haven't had much of a chance to work on this over the last few days, but here's the latest. I need to model a few more bits n pieces then on to texturing. u4wekkvwu5fa.png
    ashleytingerP5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakscifiericBrandenberg
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972320 Posts: 1,201Member
    Coming along great. That deflector dish looks really good.
    edited June 2020 #34
    Hooray! All the modelling is done. (I think!!). Gonna take a break before moving on to texturing, start a completely different project. But thank you all for your support so far! This is my first ever WIP thread so it's been absolutely lovely to have such great feedback. You guys are awesome.
    9dh3oydb43qb.png
    lj8o6wyjl6ss.png

(Reuploaded the aft angle because I forgot to unhide a warp intercooler)

Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Coming along great. That deflector dish looks really good.

Thanks! Managed to find a texture that worked really well

Post edited by MikeFinleyMusic on
    ashleytingerP5ych0p4thevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777scifiericBolianAdmiralBrandenberg
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Looks sweet ... so what‘s next? My second blender starship was the romulan bird of prey 😁

2oekbjq4na00.jpeg
    FreakLizzy777scifieric
    That looks amazing! I was thinking of the Bird of Prey or a D7. Or I might try the Phase 2 Enterprise. All a case of finding references. Cygnus X-1 is fantastic but some of the plans are a bit out of alignment.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    They pretty much all are. The stuff Alan Sinclair did. or actual orthographic renders were pretty much the only things I ever used, that were actually in alignment. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    scifieric
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    They pretty much all are. The stuff Alan Sinclair did. or actual orthographic renders were pretty much the only things I ever used, that were actually in alignment. 🤷🏻‍♂️

How can we convince Alan Sinclair to draw literally every ship?
    P5ych0p4thscifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited June 2020 #39
    Nice job on the modeling.

Doing the Phase II ship is a matter of piecing together references. Firstly, it's best to get Matt Jefferies' original drawings off of Cygnus-X1.

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/jefferies-phase-II.php

Those were cleaned up by David Shaw and are the best reference out there. But, they're also incomplete because Jefferies was working on the show Little House on the Prairie at the time and was doing the Phase II plans in his spare time. But, it was starting to interfere with his work on Little House, so he had to stop working on them. Unfortunately, you don't get all of the views with that. This is a semi official image that has surfaced over the years, so it's a decent one for the missing views:

constitution_class_phase_ii_orthographic_schematics.jpg

Of course, that won't totally match the other sheets, and things like the saucer windows you have to figure out yourself. In fact, a lot of things with that ship you have to figure out for yourself. It's an ordeal to build it, but worthwhile once you get that model done.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    P5ych0p4thscifieric
    Ah awesome, thank you very much!
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Outstanding work! This is really looking very, very good!
    Thanks Eric! I've made a really dumb mistake and accidentally deleted the one part of the engineering hull I apparently don't have a backup of so I'm trying to get the motivation to rebuild a fairly huge section. ARGH!
    scifieric
    Thanks Eric! I've made a really dumb mistake and accidentally deleted the one part of the engineering hull I apparently don't have a backup of so I'm trying to get the motivation to rebuild a fairly huge section. ARGH!
    Part of the learning is making dumb mistakes. I make them all the time. You'll learn to either manually make backups as you go, or to set Blender to back up at specific time intervals. It's all good.

Keep going! You're doing a terrific job.
    scifieric wrote: »
    Part of the learning is making dumb mistakes. I make them all the time. You'll learn to either manually make backups as you go, or to set Blender to back up at specific time intervals. It's all good.

Keep going! You're doing a terrific job.

Thanks! That means a lot.
    And I seem to have manual backups of everything at every stage except for the exact thing I need, which is typical of me

scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, periodic saves at different stages will save you a headache. It's all fun and games when you're working and you haven't saved for a while, then the program crashes. :s
    scifieric
    edited June 2020 #46
    Phew!! Was able to sort it all out, so now I can crack on with texturing.
    wdacfxmhzaom.png

And I also got materials set up working with Eeevee, relatively well. Obviously Cycles is better but this render took 4 seconds.uwx3b9xjyc6c.png
    Post edited by MikeFinleyMusic on
    Brandenbergevil_genius_180scifiericBolianAdmiralLizzy777Freak
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    She's lookin great :)
    Wow!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice!