Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAshley's Star Trek WIP Thread

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    uss_aries_crew_photo_by_ashleytinger_ddvmjjp-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MzMiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2Rkdm1qanAtMGEwYmIxODAtOGZjNi00YjdjLWIyNjYtYjFjOTQzNTc1YzkwLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.6RLbdXxlVfGoBYeL4ZMigAO8MiUjlUQkcvmQDegQK0A

The crew came to the consensus a few weeks out that while the ship's decor was pleasant, the Aries needed a more personal touch and so some of the more artistic crew members began putting a few things together, but the Captain had something in mind for the walls of the briefing room. Something she'd been planning since before they launched from the starbase. The crew had thought it had just been for posterity, maybe Starfleet records, but she had other plans.

I wanted something more personal to the ship for decorations other than the paintings from TOS that are going to crop up here and there, so I took the frames, flipped them so that they fit a more widescreen view, built a partial observation deck for a Starbase, dropped the Aries outside and did up four renders with all 40 of the crew spaced out over the four shots. A lot of work for a background set of wall hangings, but worth it. ;)

uss_aries___a_mule_named_sal_by_ashleytinger_ddvshfi-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MzMiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkdnNoZmktZDgzOTYwYmEtMWU5YS00ZjlkLWJmZGQtNTgyNzU4NTFhNDJiLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.TF-h8vmJ8pL40eaUcPYzUZiFz8TOqIvJLW0xWKJQcxM

It's not always practical to beam down supplies directly to an area or hotspot. Sometimes you need overland transportation, and that's where the anti-grav MULE comes in. Easily assembled in a cargo bay, the MULE can be broken down to make room for other cargo or can be assembled and left intact as needed. Equipped with a modest cargo space, a tractor emitter on the front end for towing capability and an optional roll cage, the MULE can get your personnel where they need to be when transporters just won't cut it.

I do have plans for the MULE, and yes there's historic significance and a personal one for the name. It's not elegant, but it's not supposed to be. Assembled from anti-grav-units, two portable fusion power units, a portable tractor emitter, some venting from Engineering and low-power impulse for thrust, the MULE is a combination of tech just sitting around the ship begging to be used in a different way. She's not pretty, she's not elegant, but she'll move your cargo and give somebody a tow.

uss_aries_junior_quarters_by_ashleytinger_ddw5a29-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MzMiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkdzVhMjktZjY2YzI5MWYtY2QwMy00MTdhLThlYWItN2YzMWNlNmYwN2Y5LmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.GNxeR4TCOe9h1_FF-syUTx-WHohUT9UXp_OUG3DZ12A

The Zodiac class tries to maintain some sense of personal space, but as a smaller ship it has smaller living quarters for its crew. Lower ranked crew members don't have to share rooms, but their personal quarters are a simple bed, a wardrobe and the bathroom with an optional chair. The Zodiac crew, outside their busy and rack time, is expected to use the lounges and other public areas on board to spread out a little bit and unwind.

This is undecorated. This would be an empty room a crew member might walk into first day on the ship. The door does close, I assure you ;) There is a shelf next to the bed that runs the length of the back wall (you'll see it in the Senior quarters below) for decorations and knick-knacks and other personal effects, but this is definitely cramped. At least they don't have to share.

uss_aries_senior_officers_quarters_by_ashleytinger_ddw5arz-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MzMiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkdzVhcnotZTNkZDJhYjEtNWZjZi00NzA1LTkxYjItNGZiMGY2MGE3OWM4LmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.I4ATkK0FVIX3MOM0XiBPushPigG0h_DwL7OzpusizUg

Department Heads and the more senior officers on board the Zodiac class get a more standard size set of living quarters on board the Zodiac. With a bedroom, office/lounge and a bathroom, these are closer to the regular rooms on board ships the size of the Constitution. With a lot more breathing room than the Junior quarters, as well as a decent lounge chair outside of the desk and chair combo of the office, there is plenty of room for personal effects and a bit of privacy when one gets woken up in the middle of the night by a department member and they need to get dressed.

Tried to do something a little different with the space but borrowed the idea of an expanding set of quarters from the Motion Picture and TNG. In this case, instead of opening into an office and just having a moving wall to split it up, I'm moving the bedroom along away from the bathroom and opening it up that way.

These are not the quarters of the Captain, the XO or visiting VIPs. Their cabins are even bigger. Although the Captain's quarters are the largest. Won't be sharing those probably until next week.

Again, this is undecorated as I plan to decorate for each of my characters and save out each version as it's own file so I wanted a clean base to work with, which this is.

Credit where it's due:
    Uniform textures by JamesJAB
    P5ych0p4thevil_genius_180Lizzy777Freakshaved_apepubliusr
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    The MULE looks great! 😁👌
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    The MULE looks great! 😁👌

Agreed. I love stuff like that.
  • JayruJayru1037 UKPosts: 653Member
    Please tell me this is all going to be for a TV series, because it looks AMAZING.
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
    The MULE looks great! 😁👌

Thank you! It was a fun build trying to create something Trek like but inspired by Firefly/Serenity lol
    The MULE looks great! 😁👌

Agreed. I love stuff like that.

Thank you! Me too. =)
    Jayru wrote: »
    Please tell me this is all going to be for a TV series, because it looks AMAZING.

Oh no, I'm not that blessed. Just have a whole slew of Trek story ideas in my head and instead of drawing them or writing them, I'm putting my 3D skills to use.

tos_shuttlepod_wip_by_ashleytinger_ddwy3an-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01MDYiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2Rkd3kzYW4tMDQ4MjZkYzUtOTQxMi00MTVlLWIwYmMtYWY5MGVlZmVjZDg1LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.SJGOyeKSaDhGDYhsvGchhd9fd3J02ST4Thv8jVNb0YE

Ok, I have to admit, I've never really liked the design of the shuttlepod from TNG. That being said, all of the sizing for this TOS shuttlepod are being mostly pulled from the TNG shuttlepod. Why? Because as a usable prop, the shuttlepod worked.

I realized that the Aries/Zodiac class doesn't have room for a full blown shuttlecraft of the TOS era. But I wanted her to have an auxillary craft available. Where to look? Well we had the shuttlepods from Enterprise but I didn't want to go back and dip in that era when I've dropped myself firmly in the TOS aesthetic. So I've been building this one a bit more from the TNG design with a definite TOS style and shape to her.

The seats are NOT mine. Got them off of Turbosquid, and while they're a bit more 'advanced' for the sports cars of the era, I think they work as safety seats a bit more than just cutting up the chairs I already have made up or cutting up the TOS chairs.

tos_shuttlepod_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_ddxu5al-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01NzciLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkeHU1YWwtMjIyZDUwMmUtYTdiNC00NzU5LTg4YWMtNDNmMDg5MzcyMGZmLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.STP0XRfcD_lMACXRfJ5nj-0WYDM-NVPkAtyOgkNK6J8

Another week later and work on my little shuttlepod continues. One development is that it rests on a warp sled that can be swapped out for other mission specific pods on the bottom of the pod. In the case of this one I'm going to work on a workbee attachment that would replace the warp sled. I haven't designed it yet, so it might not show up for awhile.

Things left to do:
    Handles on hull for doors (you won't see the handles themselves, but they'll have a place to put your fingers in to release the doors from the outside)
    Internal 'Pipes' for the back wall of the shuttlepod (modeling this off of the bigger TOS shuttle interior back end)
    a pair of non-recessed ceiling lights
    control console buttons
    Shuttle decals on the exterior
    evil_genius_180P5ych0p4thLizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratorypubliusr
    Looks good so far.
    Looks good so far.

Thanks! She's a bit of a chubby little thing but she's growing on me.
    evil_genius_180P5ych0p4th
    Yeah, shuttles tend to be kind of chubby anyway, since they're boxy by nature. Of course, that wasn't Matt Jefferies' choice, but they had to go with what was easier and less costly to do for a full scale mock-up.
    shuttlepod_argument_by_ashleytinger_ddyat2s-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0yOTk2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHlhdDJzLTcyNDQwNDFiLWRjN2MtNDY5Mi05MmJiLWQ1MWU1NTQ2NTU4Ny5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.v-QbdmAU7_qB9uCVn2D8oTkJYwSWSE14-8IYml_IG4E

What better way to showoff the (mostly) completed (I had a request for lights on the warp sled) shuttlepod than with a quick little comic featuring two crew members from the Aries.

Shuttlepod built in Truespace
    Rendered in DAZ Studio
    Figures are Genesis 3
    Uniforms are V4 Courageous and M4 Valiant
    Uniform textures by JamesJAB
    Seats from TurboSquid
    evil_genius_180P5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777
    That's nice work and the comic is funny. :)
    Thanks!

Slowly filling out some of my characters and thought I might have need of some ship models in one of their cabins. Or it might even be an active ship that shows up at some point.

Anyway, here's my start on a Kelvinized Baton Rouge

baton_rouge_class_wip_01_by_ashleytinger_ddydkf7-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD01MDAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkeWRrZjctNTk4NWMzNDEtOWQzZi00NGFiLTk3NjQtNDllNWY4NmE4ZjMwLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.uvBzbPC9LV7vYrmT8lcM0S725DJI-OttwsmtybL3xuI

While I love the name, I'm very much on the fence on the original design for the Baton Rouge class. Decided to try my hand at a version of it with some Enterprise and early Kelvin-verse influences to it. This is obviously still very rough and while I used MadMan's Kelvin-verse ships as a springboard, the detailing is going to go a very different way.

I'm meshing canon and FASA sources, and while the dates very quite a bit depending on sources and date conversions, she shows up as early at 2196 and is in service as late as the 2270s. The Constitution class was introduced in 2245. This particular one will eventually represent the Hokkaido, a Baton Rouge in service during the Four Years War.

ddxhf05-e2dfafa6-a1e9-4e62-89b3-c5f6f3e46ebd.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHhoZjA1LWUyZGZhZmE2LWExZTktNGU2Mi04OWIzLWM1ZjZmM2U0NmViZC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.IN2j3hWUm8vbV268NpmBjVXXDLvPE_houFNeAmbezYw

The Captain of the Aries has been a Captain once before, the USS Edmonton, a Portsmouth class Heavy Destroyer originally built in 2225. The ship was retired by Starfleet Command after a severe beating from some Orion raiders in 2264 left her in need of massive repairs and the crew was re-assigned.

That doesn't keep the Aries' Captain form keeping a memento of her first Captaincy on her desk though. I decided to keep the desk model a bit less detailed than a full blown build. That doesn't mean I'm not going to finish building her out at some point, just that she's not high on my list at the moment.

This is not my attempt at a Miranda-class in TOS style. People other than myself have done some amazing things in that arena and I wanted to tread over slightly different ground. This is me trying to make a beefed up Destroyer that doesn't just look like the Saladin Class with extra parts slapped on. It just shares some Miranda design influences and some from Discovery as well.

evil_genius_180Lizzy777P5ych0p4thFreakWarp Propulsion Laboratorypubliusr
    I like the gold desk model. Not only does the gold look great, but the design of the ship is very nice. Clearly not a Miranda class, though I can certainly see why you specified that, as the designs are similar.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Kelvin Timeline ships blending in with the Prime Universe, as they're visually not a good match for what was seen in the original series. The same goes for Discovery ships. Despite claiming otherwise, it's clear that neither the Kelvin or the Disco era ships were designed to fit in with the Prime Universe, and both are at the very least a visual reboot. Having said all of that, I do like the Baton Rouge model. The original Baton Rouge design definitely needs some help, and your version looks much better.
    P5ych0p4th
    edited May 2020 #315
    I like the gold desk model. Not only does the gold look great, but the design of the ship is very nice. Clearly not a Miranda class, though I can certainly see why you specified that, as the designs are similar.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Kelvin Timeline ships blending in with the Prime Universe, as they're visually not a good match for what was seen in the original series. The same goes for Discovery ships. Despite claiming otherwise, it's clear that neither the Kelvin or the Disco era ships were designed to fit in with the Prime Universe, and both are at the very least a visual reboot. Having said all of that, I do like the Baton Rouge model. The original Baton Rouge design definitely needs some help, and your version looks much better.

Yeah I've grown fond of the Edmonton after making that one, just don't have a need for the full ship at the moment. ;)

My thoughts behind it were that the Kelvin timeline ships pre-Connie launch matched up with the aesthetic in Enterprise a bit more. I'm going to be doing more TOS things aesthetically with her though. I'm actually contemplating redoing that whole front end of the warp nacelles as while I like the kind of jet turbine look, I've seen a few different flat domed bussard takes that would work for that just as well and fit better with the era.

Post edited by ashleytinger on
    I totally agree, both the Kelvin Timeline ships and the Discovery ships look like a natural progression of what we saw on Enterprise.
    baton_rouge_class_wip_02_by_ashleytinger_ddykwcc-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xMTAxIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZHlrd2NjLWExZTc3MmM4LTdkMmItNGU3Ny1hZWIzLWE1MDI1OWEzZTEzMC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.qaGhBV2AGIG82AZDh4OqSDm-mPblf3ePonoEY79EK6A

Things I've done in this version:

Completely re-worked the warp nacelles and bussards
    Carved out the shuttlebay landing strip and doors
    Added the shuttlebay control center
    Redesigned the neck and keel that attached to the secondary hull with a set of sensor strips depressions and room for a forward and rear torpedo launcher
    Added a re-enforcement of the hull in the neck that carries over to the secondary hull (this shows up more in the 1701 Refit, but is also there a bit in the original 1701)
    Cage Style Phaser (Yes PHASER) cannons
    Added some flat plating around the saucer rim to bring it more in line look-wise with TOS while keeping some of that NX-01 and Kelvin look
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777evil_genius_180BrandenbergFreakpubliusr
  • StarkillerStarkiller203 Posts: 80Member
    Heh. I still have tS3.2 in it's original box, complete with printed manual! Those were the
    days! :) tS3.2 was my first modeler, I upgraded to tS5, then 6, then 7. I have since moved
    to Modo, though it's WAY out of date. I am learning Blender now. Do a search for:
    "Blender for Artists". It's a fork of the Blender program that replaces Blender 'Hot Key'
    dominated interface with a graphical interface similar to tS or Modo. It's MUCH easier to
    learn. Check the vid on their Youtube channel on the differences between Blender and BFA.
    It's still Blender underneath, with a more intuitive interface. Ah! Here it is:
    https://www.bforartists.de/
    Check it out. :)
    ashleytinger
  • StarkillerStarkiller203 Posts: 80Member
    Sorry, forgot to comment on your awesome work. :)
    Which is...uh...awesome! <Grin>
    I'll have to try some interiors, once I get Kraken done. ^_-

Eric aka Starkiller
    P5ych0p4th
    Starkiller wrote: »
    Sorry, forgot to comment on your awesome work. :)
    Which is...uh...awesome! <Grin>
    I'll have to try some interiors, once I get Kraken done. ^_-

Eric aka Starkiller

I actually find I like building interiors more than exteriors, but you also have to have a place to house the interiors, so there's that.

And thanks!

I'll check out the blender for artists. I'm about done building sets for my Aries ship, and props, so I can start working on the TMP sets again soon and maybe in Blender.
    edited June 2020 #321
    Heh, my first modeling/rendering program was TS 2. I bought it direct from Caligari about 20 years ago. There were newer versions out, but they cost more and I wasn't sure I was going to like this stuff, so I played it safe. ;) It was on a bunch of 3.5" floppy discs, I think 6 of them. I got a sweet deal on Lightwave 9 & 10 (bought by someone as one of those upgrade deals) on Ebay in 2012 and that was when I officially put Truespace away.

The ship is looking great. I really like the way you're doing those engine details, particularly the bussard collectors.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Heh, my first modeling/rendering program was TS 2. I bought it direct from Caligari about 20 years ago. There were newer versions out, but they cost more and I wasn't sure I was going to like this stuff, so I played it safe. ;) It was on a bunch of 3.5" floppy discs, I think 6 of them. I got a sweet deal on Lightwave 9 & 10 (bought by someone as one of those upgrade deals) on Ebay in 2012 and that was when I officially put Truespace away.

The ship is looking great. I really like the way you're doing those engine details, particularly the bussard collectors.

I've had a copy of TS 3 since my first year of college. I've kind of gotten so comfortable with it I don't want to or have had a block from really learning anything else.

And thanks! I'm a bit outside my comfort zone, building the outside of ships instead of the insides, but the era it's from has a spartan look and that helps in my deficiencies I think. ;)

One of the last two sets I have to model on, the Cargo Bay. I'm working on a few trinkets for the Captain's quarters, but I should have that done in a day or two I think.

uss_aries_cargo_bay_by_ashleytinger_ddyrlm3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03OTEiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkeXJsbTMtNGRlYzM1NTEtYjVkMC00Y2UyLThjYzctZDExN2Y2ZWM1YjgxLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.oNPWk2Ze6MXzxtl2x2Z0Y2k47AeQdmYMpd_-QnBxoF4

The Aries cargo bay is located in the lower portion of the ships saucer, opposite the automated weapons system. With a cargo transporter, lots of storage space for a variety of items, the Aries uses some of the tried and true warehousing techniques used over the centuries.

Here, two Operations officers are verifying that things are secured before the ship departs for Starbase 10.

Modeling note, this is a partial set. There is no back wall to this so the number of angles it can be used from are more limited. I may finish it off at a later date, but for now, she's usable.

uss_aries_shuttle_stowage_and_launch_by_ashleytinger_ddyrlm7-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03OTEiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkeXJsbTctOWNiYWMwZWEtZjI2ZC00NGU4LWFjODYtYmViNGFmNDM0NzdkLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.5LTqVoS4LGJjksLp1fDzHwQQVNpiDPqfS0lWs1ZDQ88

While the Aries Cargo bay has the space and height to accommodate a full size shuttlecraft, the shuttlecraft size and safety regulations mark those uses as emergency only. Recognizing the need for a full time auxillary craft for the ship, a shuttlepod and attachments have been provided to the ship. This is all accessed through the cargo bay, whose external access has been modified to work as a launch platform for the shuttlepod. A forcefield emitter at the rear of the launch separates the main cargo bay from depressurization when cargo is being transferred or the shuttlepod is launching.

Again, spartan and partial set construction that'll see limited use, but I wanted to at least have that available.

Set and components built in Truespace
    Rendered in DAZ Studio
    Figures are Genesis 3
    Uniforms are V4 Courageous
    Uniform Textures by JamesJAB
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Finish, finish, finish, finish! I want to see more comics! LOL!

Excellent work. This is a lot of fun to watch!
    ashleytinger
    scifieric wrote: »
    Finish, finish, finish, finish! I want to see more comics! LOL!

Excellent work. This is a lot of fun to watch!

I've actually started in on the nitty gritty comics following some actual plots. Me being prepared? Scary, I know. ;)

Finally decked out one of those quarters sets for an actual character. Started with the Captain.

uss_aries_captain_s_quarters_01_by_ashleytinger_ddz2vgk-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD02MzMiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkejJ2Z2stN2EwN2E2NTctNDk1My00MGIxLWFiMDgtMTA5NGE0MjNhOGIzLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.zRvZZrCjJOdeX0ZnJ5zv8L6iAfG-GrLzsuItH0Lh9P8

Designed for visiting or hosting dignitaries, department parties on board, or just general everyday lounging and planning for the ship, the Captain's Quarters are the largest on board. With a large lounge, an office, along with the bedroom and bathroom, this set of quarters functions as the Captain's main refuge when the ship isn't in an emergency situation.

uss_aries_captain_s_quarters_02_by_ashleytinger_ddz2vsk-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03OTEiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkejJ2c2stNWY4ODIxOGItOTdlNS00NTY0LTk0ZTEtMzJkOGY2ZTg1ODAyLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.Tcy9MzmfMXyGB2icqxllOvVw4KU91uoWDOJsuhUo2-4

Along with her own coffee dispenser for when she can't get to the Lounge, the hullward side of her cabin has a few of the standard abstract paintings for the era, but also a photo of her and her parents from just before she left for the Academy, a model of the Edmonton which was her previous command, a snapshot of the city she grew up in on Archanis IV before the war leveled it, and as she's a fan of holos and films a poster from one of her favorite films. She's also had her favorite color applied across the room instead of the standard red and beige.

uss_aries_captain_s_quarters_03_by_ashleytinger_ddz2vsf-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03OTEiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYWM0NTJhNi0wYmEzLTRiM2EtOTExNS00OTVjODYwMWE3NzNcL2RkejJ2c2YtYmZjMDUzNWEtYmJjMC00ODg5LWE0YmItMTJiZTdiZDM0OTdiLmpwZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.1vcEfP-UvSzHAAL66QBHh_bU1QDqRVzNq9Tyvr9L2r8

While the corridor side of her quarters are a bit more spartan on decoration, there are several stand-outs here. The first is a poster for the film that got her interested in getting off her home planet and seeing what was out there in the first place, a film her mother loved. The UFP banner here was recovered from a facility near her home on Archanis IV when they retook the planet while she was an ensign. The bat'leth is a reminder of one of the Klingons that had stayed on planet and refused to surrender to her. Our captain was surprised to find her father's guitar and restored amplifier system in storage and intact, and although she doesn't have his gift with it, she's taught herself a few songs on it.

Built in Truespace
    Bat'leth by Dodger
    Guitar and amp from DAZ
    Rendered in DAZ Studio
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    I really like the color scheme and the decor in the captain's quarters. Also, really nice choices for movie posters. The Day The Earth Stood Still, which was of course directed by TMP director Robert Wise. And, Galaxy Quest, which is a love letter to Star Trek and its fans. :)
    ashleytinger
    I really like the color scheme and the decor in the captain's quarters. Also, really nice choices for movie posters. The Day The Earth Stood Still, which was of course directed by TMP director Robert Wise. And, Galaxy Quest, which is a love letter to Star Trek and its fans. :)

I was VERY tempted to use Forbidden Planet but I wanted something more light-hearted. Day the Earth Stood Still was always a first choice. ;)
    evil_genius_180
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    All of the details and personal effects really make these feel like authentic, lived-in spaces. Nice!
    ashleytinger
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    furswift wrote: »
    All of the details and personal effects really make these feel like authentic, lived-in spaces. Nice!

Thank you! Didn't want to over-do it too much. As a Navy guy I know pointed out, they don't tend to move around a whole lot of effects, even Captain's. I imagined it's a little different on a starship where you'd be out for years at a time instead of months, but same idea.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    That's a beautiful set of images of the Captain's quarters. Excellent. And yeah, I got a laugh from Galaxy Quest being included!
    That's a beautiful set of images of the Captain's quarters. Excellent. And yeah, I got a laugh from Galaxy Quest being included!

Thank you! Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman represent! ;)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Spotted that almost right away. I'm so sorry Alan Rickman died.

Looking good.
    ashleytinger