Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DVarious Star Trek Things

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited May 2020 #92
    That looks great. I personally like the impulse engine in the saucer better and would nix the ones in the secondary hull. But, that's just me.

As far as Disco ships go, I'm personally a fan of the Shepard class.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Shepard_class

And, while not necessarily a TOS ship, the Miranda class is always nice, and there have been various TOS versions of it done over the years.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    You done a great job.
    I agree with Evil, lose the impulse engines in the secondary hull.

Personally, I like your other version better.
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    Heey! SO good to see you back in action! And like always with an interesting design as WIP.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    I also feel, that there‘s no need for the impulse engines on the secondary hull ...

But otherwise, the design is great! Wayyy better, than the one in the actual show. Now it still does not fit in the pre TOS era at all but it‘s not like that‘s your fault 😅
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    For me. Easily the Shenzhou.
    Hunter G wrote: »
    Great stuff. I always thought you had real talent. Glad to see you back.
    I really want to do that Klingon Cruiser. Very cool.

Thanks! And go for it!
    You don't happen to have orthos for that. :)

• Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    That looks great. I personally like the impulse engine in the saucer better and would nix the ones in the secondary hull. But, that's just me.

As far as Disco ships go, I'm personally a fan of the Shepard class.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Shepard_class

And, while not necessarily a TOS ship, the Miranda class is always nice, and there have been various TOS versions of it done over the years.

I do like the Shepard class as well. It will definately be put on the list.
    Freak wrote: »
    You done a great job.
    I agree with Evil, lose the impulse engines in the secondary hull.

Personally, I like your other version better.
    Thanks! Though I think my previous version was uninspired. It was just the TOS enterprise kitbashed into the Discovery. The problem I see with a lot of TOS designs they only use the Connie as a reference for the most part. You can still use different shapes while keeping the look of the era in my view. I hope I can show what I mean as I do more designs instead of just tell :)
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    I also feel, that there‘s no need for the impulse engines on the secondary hull ...

But otherwise, the design is great! Wayyy better, than the one in the actual show. Now it still does not fit in the pre TOS era at all but it‘s not like that‘s your fault 😅

Appreciated! And I will MAKE it fit in the era, just watch 😂
    P5ych0p4th
    edited June 2020 #99
    I did decide to remove the engines from the secondary hull. It does indeed look way better. Glad I wasn't the only one! I updated the previous images to reflect the change as well.
    V1jwXlO.png

Post edited by Hunter G on
    evil_genius_180P5ych0p4thLizzy777lewisnivenlennier1BrandenbergWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerRory1707Soul Scream
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    edited May 2020 #100
    It looks amazing. I always liked Discovery and preferred saucer whole and not with the gap in the middle
    Post edited by SATR on
    Yeah. It looks like a spore drive would work in that. :)
    Your design is growing on me.
    I am not total sold on the square nacelles.
    I am interested to see how you TOS this up.
    SATR wrote: »
    It looks amazing. I always liked Discovery and preferred saucer whole and not with the gap in the middle
    Same. I never thought it was ugly because of the overall shape, but only from the execution.
    Yeah. It looks like a spore drive would work in that. :)
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2F66.media.tumblr.com%2F83c839bed03b2c5cd1abdc74ec3f7a7e%2Ftumblr_inline_p9irljAoGM1t08699_1280.png&f=1&nofb=1
    (I hope someone gets that without me having to quote it lol)
    Your design is growing on me.
    I am not total sold on the square nacelles.
    I am interested to see how you TOS this up.
    Thanks!

I actually have a plan to fit the square nacelles in. I'm going to include the Phase 2 type refits to some of the ships later in the era, and bring in the Vengeance as well. I think the only reason the Discovery has them ahead of that time is because it's experimental. Later they use better versions on the Enterprise refit and other ships.

Also in this new universe, I will consider the Phase 2 Enterprise to be what would be seen in The Motion Picture as the refit. The A would be called the Constitution Mark II, a brand new iterative class of ship. ;)

edited May 2020 #104
    Started on the Connie concept today. Just for fun, what I have so far with the others to scale (roughly), including the original. I think this version's proportions are looking really good so far.
    TFJk1ik.jpg
    It might take a bit longer, even being just a concept model. I'll probably do the Walker class or Shepard class next.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakpubliusrRory1707Soul Scream
    I finally got around to finishing the Connie mockup. Here are some more rough to scale renders:
    CfsPyhY.png
    B2ThFbN.png
    I'll post more of the Connie in the old Constitution reboot thread here, since I think she still deserves her own thread! I also beefed up the Crossfield nacelles a little, and scaled down the saucer a bit. Barely noticeable, but I thought it was needed when comparing all the ships side by side.

Lastly, to get some ideas flowing, what loose cannon or off screen TOS ship do you like or dislike? Also what ships would you consider canon if you could?
    lewisnivenevil_genius_180ashleytingerP5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777wolfmanpubliusrBrandenbergRory1707and 1 other.
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    That connie looks ace
    Those are all looking sweet.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Great work! I'm really liking the Crossfield, looks very practical & believable, and the D-7 re-design, all designs in this thread are nice.
    Your Crossfield refit will with those other ship.
    Very nice work.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    This is very nice!
    edited May 2020 #111
    Glad everyone likes it so far!

I started on the Sheppard today. Not much to show yet. I'm mainly posting because I can't decide whether to include or leave out the triangle-like shapes on the struts. The straight struts are more TOS, but I think the ship looses a lot of it's character without them. I'm on the fence:
    BMaRYYT.jpg
    qOvapWo.jpg

It also got me thinking of using something similar on the Connie. Mocked it up it for giggles, but I'm actually starting to dig it??

Z6DrMOQ.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenbergRory1707Soul Scream
    edited May 2020 #112
    In other news, I discovered that the Deep Space Nine uniforms in STO make pretty good alternate TOS uniforms if you color them so. I might consider using it as the basis when I do the uniform designs. The only thing missing are the bands on the wrists.
    It looks great so far. I like the triangular pylons. You're doing a reboot, after all.
    Nice, the triangular pylons does give it a bit of character.
    The question you have to ask yourself is how radically different do you want your reboot to be?
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Not a huge fan of the triangle pylons on the Sheppard. However the way you did them on the constitution looks pretty good. Ist a little more subtle, than just a triangle
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of the triangle pylons on the Sheppard. However the way you did them on the constitution looks pretty good. Ist a little more subtle, than just a triangle
    I don't think I'll use them on the Connie, and I can see why you wouldn't like them on the Shepard.
    It looks great so far. I like the triangular pylons. You're doing a reboot, after all.
    Nice, the triangular pylons does give it a bit of character.
    The question you have to ask yourself is how radically different do you want your reboot to be?
    All true! Now that I had some more time to finish up the concept and look at it more, it does look better with them.

Here she is:
    RN2U9HX.png
    B1cZILP.png
    S7pChOC.png
    C1fnC3U.png
    YqdCPa7.png

I'm going to use this concept to inform most of the design language of the era right before TOS, which I guess would be Discovery. The Crossfield is a slight exception, since it's in between. Plus I consider it an experimental design, using new tech prematurely as a test bed.
    RekkertP5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerBrandenbergsrspicercaveat_imperatorRory1707and 1 other.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    WoW
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Breathtakingly beautiful!
    Love how they're all not just kitbashes, but designs in their own right.
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Thanks!
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Glad you appreciate the effort! That was a deliberate choice :)

I started modeling the Saladin. So far I've blocked most of it out and started cutting everything into the saucer. As you can see I'm going to have the command deck function as a lifeboat if needed, something to carry over to all ships I think. I'm also adding two shuttle/cargo bays on the top of the saucer, which weren't on the concept model:
    QWZBQwf.png

Lizzy777evil_genius_180RekkertFreakRory1707Soul Scream
    That looks great. The upper lifeboat is an idea that goes way back in the Star Trek background stuff, it's always nice to see it realized.