Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DProbert Concept Bridge

2»

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    My God... those are absolutely gorgeous!
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Oooh, that's a great solution for those entrances, I love the color differences in the corridor, that works great with the darker walls of the bridge!

More than a planter, I could see a small space for plants behind the sofa there, similar to the one behind the conference table. It would break up the grey wall nicely. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks great with the corridors attached. It looks more alive somehow. Seeing those corridors and not seeing the end gives a sense of places to go on the ship. I like the idea of a coffee foyer too. Probert's design definitely leaned less towards a militaristic look and more towards a cruise ship kind of vibe, and that really fits the bill.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is looking great.
    As for holodoor, why not go for the same sort of door they had in Main Engineer?
    You could not do that if this was on Deck 1. But being in the middle of the ship and on Deck 10, you should have the room for it.
  • nixonsheadnixonshead57 Posts: 11Member
    My God... those are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks!
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Oooh, that's a great solution for those entrances, I love the color differences in the corridor, that works great with the darker walls of the bridge!

More than a planter, I could see a small space for plants behind the sofa there, similar to the one behind the conference table. It would break up the grey wall nicely. :)

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I'll definately try that out, although reflection I think I'll need to use a different style of couch. I wanted to keep the same style (and save modelling effort :)) as the front consoles, but that would be annoying for a coffee break. They're so laid back, it would be a major workout for your abs every time you want to reach for a cup! Any pointers to good references for TNG style couch/coffee table combos?
    That looks great with the corridors attached. It looks more alive somehow. Seeing those corridors and not seeing the end gives a sense of places to go on the ship. I like the idea of a coffee foyer too. Probert's design definitely leaned less towards a militaristic look and more towards a cruise ship kind of vibe, and that really fits the bill.

Thanks! The corridors started with a blue carpet and standard floor (I was assuming only an important room like the bridge gets the wooden floor treatment), but it ended up looking too cold compared to the rest of the model. It's amazing how much difference the reflected light of the flooring makes to the reast of the lighting. So in the end I went all wood, figuring replication makes it cheap and easy anyway (which also explains away any repeating textures you might spot - they're replication artefacts ;))
    Freak wrote: »
    This is looking great.
    As for holodoor, why not go for the same sort of door they had in Main Engineer?
    You could not do that if this was on Deck 1. But being in the middle of the ship and on Deck 10, you should have the room for it.

Oh, I love this idea! The entire bridge crew will get the chance to practice their "Geordi Roll" whenever they go to Red Alert!

p8U5iBD.gif
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    To steal a bit from Galaxy Quest:
    "Does the rolling help?"
    "Oh, it helps."
    nixonsheadevil_genius_180
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    To steal a bit from Galaxy Quest:
    "Does the rolling help?"
    "Oh, it helps."

"Where's your gun?"
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    At least they cut it a little closer with that door in Generations.
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Stunning work work nixonshead.

Is it my imagination, or does the Red Alert version of the bridge make it look like a club.
    edited May 2020 #41
    A little more progress, as a 30min "I'll just finish off the replicator LCARS" session turned into a 3 hour "model a new sofa and coffee table" job. For the LCARS I refered to this photo and tried to match the colours based on this LCARS swatch, but I'm not sure if it's fully accurate. They seem a little bright to me Anyone got recommendations for a reliable source on the LCARS colours? I'll probably end up re-doing it sampling Tadeo's lcars texture, so I have a consistant look, but I wanted to try creating one from scratch first.
    Next job is to find some nice plants to go in the new planter! Any suggestions for iconic Trek folliage to add? The only distinctive plant I could think of was Talosian Singing Plants, but I guess they're not so common in the wider galaxy (or has the quaranteen been lifted by the 24th century?). Maybe a bonsai Kaferrian Apple tree...

0r037q8whl8z.jpg
    8cco7lxb4lfz.jpg
    zrdncuyybqml.jpg
    d9gi7qkcubej.jpg
    Post edited by nixonshead on
    Freakevil_genius_180ashleytingerrojrenLizzy777RekkertDonnypubliusr
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That looks great.

I doubt the quarantine has been lifted, but there is nothing saying that the Enterprise crew did not take a few sample back to the ship and grew more.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    There's Sulu's plant that Rand liked. The pod plants from This Side of Paradise. The attack pod plants from The Apple. There's the plant that Gary Mitchell created in Where No Man Has Gone Before. There's quite a few in the TOS, and no telling how many spread out over the different series.
    evil_genius_180
    rojren wrote: »
    There's Sulu's plant that Rand liked. The pod plants from This Side of Paradise. The attack pod plants from The Apple. There's the plant that Gary Mitchell created in Where No Man Has Gone Before. There's quite a few in the TOS, and no telling how many spread out over the different series.

Ah yes, Gertrude was the name of Sulu’s plant, right? That’s a great idea! The attack pod plants might be considered a little dangerous for shipboard use (then again, it is supposed to be a security lobby). Trippy make-happy plants are probably reserved for off-duty use only.

• Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    What if they're holographic plants? You could have anything.
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Seem to remember that The Next Generation had a lot of succulent-style indoor plants- waxy leaves, seasonal flowering kind of things, as well as ferns. Think along the lines of a mid 80's shopping mall and you're on the right lines.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    edited May 2020 #47
    Love it except the laminate looking floor. A blueish pastel tone in contrast to walls and furniture would work better IMO.
    Post edited by nightfever on
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    What if they're holographic plants? You could have anything.

I think they'd want to have the relaxing fragrence as well as the appearance. But whether real or holographic, I still need to choose what to put there in the renders. Of course, if they used a real "Gertrude" plant, it would have the added advantage of warning if any salt vampires attempt to infiltrate the bridge, which was something ship's sensors apparently can't detect (at least in the 23rd century).
    Samurai wrote: »
    Seem to remember that The Next Generation had a lot of succulent-style indoor plants- waxy leaves, seasonal flowering kind of things, as well as ferns. Think along the lines of a mid 80's shopping mall and you're on the right lines.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I initially had in mind, and there are lots of stock models available, but I was hoping to spice it up with the odd exotic addition. I re-watched Contagion last night from season 2, and plant appeared when Picard ordered tea from his malfunctioning replicator:

dbtjz8f4of65.jpg

Could be a candidate.
    nightfever wrote: »
    Love it except the laminate looking floor. A blueish pastel tone in contrast to walls and furniture would work better IMO.

Laminate? That's real/replicated/sustainably sourced wood-like substitute! ;) I actually did try a version with blue carpet in the corridors and coffee nook, based on the carpeting in the show's corridors, but the reflected light made the rooms seem cold and confined. The warm reflected light of the wood flooring seemed much more welcoming. Maybe I'll experiment with different colour carpets. I do kind of like the idea of the bridge being special as the only room with wood flooring, but on the other hand it's not like they have to worry about the cost of the stuff. I'll take another look at this.
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    edited May 2020 #49
    Are your lights pure white? Maybe make them a bit warmer.
    7sphysaaiool.jpg
    Post edited by nightfever on
  • Starship1405Starship1405332 Posts: 22Member
    A nice presentation and extrapolation of the original artwork!
    publiusr