Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSA-32B 'Tsunami' Thunderbolt

metamothmetamoth232 Posts: 21Member
edited April 2020 in Work in Progress #1
Thumbnail update 31/03/20

3uehuk9dold4.png

So, with the release of 2.8 I’ve been getting back into Blender and have been on and off very slowly working on this model when I have a few minutes for the last 6 months. Thought I’d finally post something if nothing else to give me the motivation to get this over the line.
It’s not intended to be a screen accurate model instead it’s my interpretation based it off the original draft sketches by Steve Berg that I found on B5scrolls ( a site I highly recommend for all things B5). As such I’m calling this the SA-32B ‘Tsunami’ Thunderbolt variant.

bnllew2fmhy5.png
r7y6xnphggv7.png

Eventually once this is done I might move on and give the Omega model I started some love....

0yk3cwenfmdq.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
ashleytingerFreakkomaroLizzy777wolfmanMcCsrspicer
Tagged:

• ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Yay! More B5 goodness!
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Not the biggest B5 Fan but those do look sweet! 👌
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    very nice start.
    Always love the Earth fighter from B5.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, it looks nice so far.
  • McCMcC373 Posts: 704Member
    Rock on! I was just thinking "Man, I wonder why so few people are doing modern updates/takes on B5 designs..."

Good timing :grin:
  • metamothmetamoth232 Posts: 21Member
    edited March 2020 #7
    McC wrote: »
    Rock on! I was just thinking "Man, I wonder why so few people are doing modern updates/takes on B5 designs..."

Good timing :grin:

If you're interested I found this while looking for references, someone got hold of the original files and re-rendered them in HD! Maybe its my nostalgia googles but I still think B5 has some some of the best cinematography when it comes to space scenes...

Post edited by metamoth on
    McCLizzy777Nathan Rubric
    Small Update, as it's meant to work in atmosphere I'm looking into aerospike engines as inspiration .

qmxc56dsdgim.png

Just another view because why not.

x21c1fqxrm5b.png

I was digging around my old folders I came arcoss a Warlock model I started (but didn't finish ) back in 2010, although it never really got the screen time it deserved I've always liked this ship

svbu2h7m9v9n.png
    FreakLizzy777McCtricky2kBolianAdmiral
    Been a while since the last update, I decided to completely rebuild the base mesh as I wanted to focus on my mesh flow but ended up getting a little obsessed. I still have to merge the lower wings and engines so you'll notice some bad topography round those area's. As a result it may look like a step backwards but I used this time to redesigned certain aspects of the design such as the main cockpit and engine 'inlets'. I'm trying to update the design without losing that 'B5' feel (whatever that means...)

msqb8wtb877r.png

6z4fgt71gkvu.png

mv9rbqvnw0ho.png

Did take a break to start on the main cannon though

kru2o1ckdr6g.png

Lizzy777Nathan RubricFreakashleytingerkadensrspicerBolianAdmiraltricky2k
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That main Cannon is looking great!
    srspicer
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Definitely could be a perfect design for a B5 re-boot.