Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFANGs Star Trek Interiors

13»

• FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    After a long break I return to my interiors, but this time I try myself on an early TNG vessel. The idea is to create some Constellation sets, with up to date LCARS etc. As the Stargazer bridge was way too cramped for my taste, I slightly rescaled it and modified the layout, inspired by a Probert sketch. fBQrsgR.jpg lfd58Fz.jpg
    112321.jpg
    BrandenbergRory1707
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Welcome back! :)

That's a great start, I love the idea and what you have so far, looks like it's gonna be a proper bridge for a ship as large as a Constellation-Class.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2013 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    OOo. I like it. Very nice work so far!
    And now I'm proud to present some chairs: yWiOu68.jpg
    I've taken the Enterprise D's lounge chairs and modified them a little bit
    BolianAdmiralRory1707
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I do like that chair concept! I always felt that bridge officers got short-changed from TFF onwards when it comes to seating...
    Thanks! But let's not forget the poor Star Trek I (tmp) Crewmen who stood at the auxiliary bridge consoles!:D

I've added some elements to the Constellation's bridge... or let's just say it's the U.S.S Victory under Captain Zimbata (mentioned and shown in TNG 2X03)

I've allowed myself to duplicate the captains chair as seat for the first officer, but I'm not sure if I should replace it with a Season 1 tng chair as for the Hathaway, or the tng first officer's chair.... or maybe something in between?
    Should I give him a fullsize (CONN)-console like for the hathaway or a smaller one? DmNFK3d.jpg

As you can see I've lowered the tactical console for a seated crewmember - the support strut for it is still missing as I'm unsure of it's design.
    The background stations layout is in its beginnings - left will be 2 Science stations and Environmental controls and right will be 2 Engineering stations and one Mission Ops.

For the middle section I've planned a MSD, some of these circle shaped Okudagrams and isolinear banks. (In short, an inbetween of the Stargazer and TNG geometry with some touches of Enterprise C, Jenolan and Bozeman.
    I'm really looking forward fleshing this section out ;-).
    Btw I'm experimenting with the Captains ready room. it's really spartan as you can guess.
    Brandenberg
    it's so weird to see that bridge shape done so big, but it's looking so cool! :D

If the two chairs are side by side, Voyager style, I'd keep them looking the same or very similar. Then again, I'm a big fan of symmetry. :lol: Same thing with adding a console, I'd add it in the middle of them.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    That central dome looks somewhat out of place, hanging so low.....
    Aresius wrote: »
    That central dome looks somewhat out of place, hanging so low.....

Thanks! I'm aiming for a low ceilling similar to the probert sketch i got inspired from
    latest?cb=20050122121733&path-prefix=en

But i could definetely replace the Dome with the central light of the sketch. Let's see how it will look ;-)
    After a short eternity I had taken some time to model something again. This time it's the small version of the constellation class, with some tweakings. GmH2otD.png

I'm still wondering about the bridges layout. We know, the lower port door of the enterprise's battlebridge leads to the captains ready room. Maybe it's already the same with the constellation class?

What's the purpose of the other doors? The rear doors both seem to be turbolifts, but what about the lower starboard door? Too small for a conference room, I guess :-)).
    A direct staircase to the deck below?

Of course my model leads me to Rekkert's beautiful Galaxy Battlebridge (after so many moments some good references at last. Thanks!)

I hope, this study will bring some new energy for my Victory bridge.

ashleytingerevil_genius_180Brandenberglennier1RekkertRory1707
    Ohh, a very nice take on the Constellation bridge! I love what you did with the wall mounted consoles at the sides. Regarding the doors, yeah if we assume the bridge module to be identical to the Constitution's, then I'd assume a small ready room and head would fit in at each side.

I'm glad my model was of help in getting some of the shapes, don't assume its an accurate reproduction though, I'm sure it has its issues. One day I'll have to actually finish the Ent-D battle bridge which I had started, not to mention the Stargazer bridge...
    edited March 2020 #73
    totfJa7.jpg UXJSRe4.jpg

As you can see, I remodeled the chairs. I tried to modify the tmp era chairs into something like mk II versions. Same starfleet designer, new Junior Staff, maybe ;-)

Post edited by FANGs on
    Rekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakRory1707wibble
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    Looks comfy.
    I quite like that chair, looks a lot more comfortable with its curved back than the canon version. The glossy finish it has is a bit weird though, if its fabric then it should have a very high level of roughness.

Also, I think your normals are somewhat off, making it look more clearly like a 3D object rather than as a real piece of furniture. IDK how you'd do it on 3DS Max, but look into recalculating the normals on your meshes. I see this is also the case on some other areas around the bridge mesh, where several flat surfaces look like they have curves on them (like the platform the Captain's chair sits on) or viceversa; recalculating normals would fix that. :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like how you made improvements to the functionality of the chair but kept the overall aesthetic.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure about the comfortability, but my girlfriends mother is physiotherapist and I guess, she could help me tweak the cushions ;-).
    Indeed the cushions have leather material -too glossy for my taste, but it was at hand right now. What about the color? Should I stay with the dark purple?
    I never corrected my normals issues before, but after bringing this to my attention I am eager to explore this stuff! I'm curious to see the objects after correction.
    btw something to laugh: I actually did the turbolift doors as sliding door objects, so they work. I know it would have been easier to open the turbolift doors with " hide selected", but somehow it didn't feel right.
    Small update: I fumbled with some floor paneling. Anyone recognize the design? ;-)
    Also I created a second light setting for red alert. LKIDA2Q.jpg

HM3wd66.jpg

evil_genius_180Zhor2395Lizzy777merritt258Rory1707wibble
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    can't see the pic's.
    Looking good.

Tip: If you use actual lights in place of some of the emission materials, you'll get less noise in your renders. I realize this isn't ideal with something with that many light sources, but I'm just throwing out ideas.
    I fear to say, the noise is just a result of my impatience ;-)). I could have waited to reach at least the 20th render pass, but instead I chose the rough sketch. But indeed I'm thinking about replacing this rear floor light strip -currently light material - with lights, to give it some depth.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    okay changed PC and now I can see them.
    Stupid work machine blocked them.

These look great!
    Once again I added some details to the bridge. A little bit more lighting to the side console with vengeance style floor plating, and some okudagrams for the system status station.
    While I've been content with the mood in normal cruise mode, I'm not sure about the mood while at red alert. Maybe slightly too bright?
    rOFU6jz.jpg
    FreakLizzy777Rory1707wibble
    I modified the tactical and science station a little bit and set up screens and interface. As the Stargazer's tactical station had a mostly green interface in TNG, I tried to modify the TVH interface accordingly. Or should I ignore the show's setup and go for Star Trek IV's setup? Or maybe something entirely new to reflect a LCARs version between tmp and tng? Oq4hivo.jpg
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777RekkertRory1707wibble
    edited April 2020 #85
    Too bright depends on what you're going for. Are you going for that TMP look where the lighting all changed to red when the ship went to red alert or the TOS/TNG look where the lighting stayed the same but the red lights flashed on to indicate the alert status? For the second one, it's fine.

Also, am I the only one seeing the X-Men emblem? (yes, I realize it's been there a while, but this is the benefit of looking at stuff on my computer instead of my phone)
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on