Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew Original Ship For The Cover Of My 4th Book

SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
I am almost finished writing my fourth book and I've also been working on the main character's new spaceship for the cover. I have the shape all hammered out so now I can start adding all the small detail, weapons, engines, landing gear ...etc.

ix4etjww9a2y.jpg
mox5cymb7c21.jpg
gv6iwj79ong9.jpg
urxdchro2o5e.jpg
aphwmvqt8knv.jpg

lewisnivenLizzy777FreakP5ych0p4thevil_genius_180
Tagged:

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Plenty of room for engines back there. The design definitely looks promising.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Probably just temporary, but I do like the Color 😁
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    Probably just temporary, but I do like the Color 😁

LOL! Yes, the color is temporary. I model in a light green and then when the shape is done I change the color to purple.
    Plenty of room for engines back there. The design definitely looks promising.

Thanks Brandenberg! I have three types of engines to fit in back there so I need a lot of room. Jet engines for when it is in atmosphere, rocket thrusters / sub-light engines and then the FTL field emitters. Plus I will be putting in a bunch of greebles.
    Blocked in the intakes for the in atmosphere jet engines today. Modeled them after the intakes on my favorite fighter the F-14 Tomcat.

tugxt1bblou6.jpg
    28m2j1vheb0b.jpg

evil_genius_180FreakP5ych0p4thLizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is looking really nice so far.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice.
    I don't know why but with those intakes, it screaming to me that the main hull and possibly wings need to be stetched out a little. A bit like the Concord.
    Great shot from the front.
    A little more progress on the new ship. Still lots of detail to add and I need to decide on a color scheme. This is a private space ship, not a military ship, so I think I want to give it some color instead of military gray. To save myself some time I fit the sub-light thrusters from the battle carrier in the back. I'll make some changes to make them unique to this ship in a bit. Still need to ad the thrust cones for the jet engines and the FTL drive assembly - which I'm still brainstorming on. Anyone have suggestions on the color scheme?

knf5vlnhkbgw.jpg
    hm1f1uigdlfu.jpg
    9sk902vyy57b.jpg
    kuc8z4cp6fhv.jpg
    v1x5jlnb9qjy.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180FreakBrandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking really nice so far, Sean.
    SeanP wrote: »
    Anyone have suggestions on the color scheme?

Red, black and silver. Heavy on the red with black and silver used more for stripes and accents. Or maybe a two tone, with red on top and silver on bottom and black stripes and accents. (just a few thoughts)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking Good. Loving the details I the back.

As for a colour scheme, white is the traditional colour for a civilian craft.
    Now if you going to have it as a civilian company craft, you can go nuts.
    Look at how airlines do their paint scheme for inspiration.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Kaden's Warp Fighter looked delicious in orange and gray. Why not give that a shot? :)
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/comment/2020866#Comment_2020866

Or maybe some truly Fossian stuff with bright primary colors, and checkered patterns (think Homeworld).
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Thanks you guys!

All of you have great color scheme suggestions.
    I'll have to see what I can come up with.
    Try a few of them.
    I think you should make it look good and used - like the Star Wars stuff. Unless your book is about a brand new ship. :)