Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Convert Bryce object

trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
Hello everybody.
There is a very nice bridge of the Enterprise-D here in the forum. Can anyone transform a Bryce object? e.g. in .obj or .FBX

https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/10000062/generations-bridge-by-brandon-bridges

greetings
trekki
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Hi trekki,

I tried opening the zip file and the password provided does not appear to work. Any chance you could provide an unlocked version of the file?
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    I unpacked the part.
    I'll send it to you.
    Thank you
    Great! Looking forward to getting it.
  • billy-homebilly-home331 Posts: 22Member
    I've tried a couple of things to export it, after converting the booleans I tried exporting as and OBJ file, it writes each and every part separately, I gave up after about 100, as that was only 1 doorway and a bit of another, then I tried to send it to DAZ Studio, it opened DS eventually, but wouldn't send the file over, I know from converting small models to Poser for a friend years ago that Bryce is not very user friendly in that department, I'm going to try again with DS, there's a few attributes that can be changed on the original model that might help, but I'm not holding out too much hope
    BTW the pass for the zip is: tnpir4002
    Ok, that doesn't sound good.
    I thank you for your work.
    greetings
    trekki
    I tried Bryce. It did not work. Only one object is ever converted.
    I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
    I had the same problem trying to export it.
    Then it will probably be nothing!
    You're not doing anything wrong, that's how Bryce works, even if you select the whole scene it will still only export one object at a time, that's how I ended up with over 500 parts and still had hundreds more to go lol, that's when I gave up
    Well I though I'd got it solved, I finally got it to send to DS, it sends each object one at a time, with no booleans created, so a sphere is just a sphere, after about 20 mins the Bryce crashed with only a small part of the object exported, I'm just about stumped with this model now, I can't think of any other way to export it properly
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    You may well be better off making a new mesh. That particular one was highly inaccurate anyway, it may not be worth your time converting it for use at this point. Probably be faster to create from scratch.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    How do you go about sending to DAZ 3D Studio?
    My thoughts exactly count.

@Tralfaz There's an option in the file menu 'Send to Daz Studio', that'll open DS up and start the transfer, quite often you'll have to do this 2 or 3 times, DS will start to load, get so far then Bryce will send an error message saying DS failed to start, try again and it'll load up a bit further, usually the same error will pop up, try again, and with luck DS will finally start and the transfer will begi,. most times with me though Bryce crashed after about 10 minutes of transfer
    There's quite a good looking model here, it's a Maya .mb file, I can't open it as I don't have Maya, and a friend who did try said his version was too old to open it, he's on 2013, I think he said it was made in Maya 2016. so I'm not sure if it's textured or not either

https://rickrward.wordpress.com/3d-models/

Maybe one of you guys might be able to use it anyway
    Thanks for the model and for the work.
    I have already found a model.
    Let's see when I publish it here.
    The D-Bridge from https://rickrward.wordpress.com/3d-models/
    as FBX and C4D object, no textures.
    Your welcome Trekki. :)

Got that one myself too Trekki, my friend sent it on to someone else with a newer version of Maya and they converted it for me, I'm messing with it in Lightwave now, it's not really high detail, but that can be fixed, it's finding the LCARS screens that'll take the most time. and fixing all the textures, it'll also need a viewscreen building as this one doesn't have one modeled