Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWarp Fighter and other ships

• kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Getting a lot done and refining in a lot of places.
    9slwve12ye18.jpg
    MadKoiFishP5ych0p4thFreakRekkertLizzy777srspicerBrandenbergWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Looking really really nice 👌
    Just a little fun one before the end of the day.

40wbw8a7eis6.jpg
    lennier1GuerrillarojrenFreakevil_genius_180RekkertNathan RubricP5ych0p4thLizzy777srspicerand 2 others.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,867Administrator
    That's excellent. :D
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    That's looking great. :sunglasses:

One thing that looks a little off for me - the black panel behind the bussards - the differing angles there look a bit off. I'd consider going for a uniform spacing of that grey panel edge around the bussard, if that makes sense.

o2dezhompsdr.png
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice looks like a crash test version of the fighter.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like that better than than the gray version.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    edited April 2020 #129
    But, but, but, its red onez goez fastaa!
    (and then it'd need a horn too)

Looks great.
    Post edited by Barricade on
    Ahh, that plate goes up to the edge of the wings bend, but then the bussard is more even with itself, I still have to add a little gasket thing around the glass area. And the plate will have something at the front still.
    This is just an example with some decals.

ip1eawcfhtz5.png
    RekkertFreakLizzy777BarricadeBrandenberg
    Another decal test. There might be less later.
    2nh6n9ysg8a6.jpg
    FreakRekkertLizzy777BarricadecommandersozoBrandenberg
    she Looking great!
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    edited April 2020 #133
    Beautiful!

Like the latest decal test, plenty of room for custom nose art above the arrowhead and below the canopy. B)

Looks like there could be room for a two seat version with a REO?
    Post edited by srspicer on
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looks great with those decals! I don't think they're too much, if anything I'd have the big arrowhead on the wings from 'Invasion'. :p
    Howard Day
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    This is me nitpicking, but I swear the only thing 'wrong' with this, is that it doesn't have an aft facing phaser strip (strip, not cannon) to deal with anyone trying to take a free shot up it's tailpipes. Now, to be completely fair though, there's no place for one without drastically wrecking the sheer aesthetics of the design, and I much more prefer the way it looks now, then 'fixing' a minor quibble at best.
    Just flip 180 and fire the cannons lol, there are aft torpedoes there too.
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Looks great with those decals! I don't think they're too much, if anything I'd have the big arrowhead on the wings from 'Invasion'. :p

I have the logo pennant I made on the right wing. Still temp decals so the stripes are not correct yet.
    76bqaa2yy1l4.jpg

Freakrojrenevil_genius_180RekkertLizzy777srspicerBrandenbergcommandersozoMadKoiFish
    She looking great with decals.
    Very cool & aggressive. B)
    Just playing around with some colours.
    I am finalizing what the main hull colour will be, I am looking at it being ghost white, with the dark armour panels gunmetal grey.

qjv94hnch1im.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180BrandenbergFreak
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2014 Central OhioPosts: 1,245Member
    I do like you color options you have going. Maybe have sections of color options along with the more grey? Or would that feel too X-Wing?
    The colours are just some fun for now. I based them on some of the skins I have seen in Elite Dangerous.
    I want to do at least a couple of different squadrons and a prototype version, one of the ideas has larger red stripes.

Kinda like this one.
    riqo1reqzytt.png

RekkertLizzy777
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Looks Viper-y. Not that I'm complaining. ;)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I'm personally a fan of the red and blue ones. I know, it's not "Starfleet." It's different, that's why I like it.
    Brandenberg
    Perhaps color defines function? Orange or Red for search & rescue, Blue for strictly recon, etc.?
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited April 2020 #146
    I gotta go with Red and Blue too. Especially the blue. What a great looking ship!
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    what about a name and class for that beauty?
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    I'm not entirely sure I like the way the leading edge of the wing now has a sharp edge instead of the more flowing one of the original, but overall it's a great step up from the original I'd say.

I think I'd go for blue, maybe with an added detail color. Maybe a black scheme for stealth missions as well?

@commandersozo the original class was a Gryphon. Who knows if he keeps the name but that's what he's been calling it for... more than a decade I think?
    edited April 2020 #149
    I changed the name to Orcus a while back when I changed the design to be part of an original universe. The Gryphon name was moved to a runabout type.
    I put the name on the engineering LCARS. I could still change it, although I haven't thought of any new ones yet.

This is how far it's come by the way, from far right, original, to low poly version, to now. (The original was made on a deadline so it isn't as refined as I would have liked, it also had textures but I don't know what happened to them.)
    wz6ghqnc1hzj.jpg
    Post edited by kaden on
    FreakRekkertsrspicerMadKoiFishLizzy777commandersozoComcoBrandenberg
    edited April 2020 #150
    I haven't been working on this for a while, last week I injured my left shoulder and I wasn't able to move it at all. Finally after xrays and a mri, and a bunch of pain killers, it has healed enough that I can use my computer.

So today I added some random details and also rebuilt the whole canopy, I made it a bit more bulky and set it up so I can build the interior properly. I should be able to show it opened eventually too.

yf0ororrg0bn.jpg
    Post edited by kaden on
    evil_genius_180srspicerRekkertrojrenFreakLizzy777BrandenbergMadKoiFish
    Well, it's good to know your shoulder is doing better.

The ship looks great too. Redesigning the canopy to properly fit an interior sounds like a smart choice.