Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Fix for Email Confirmation Issues

GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
We've been getting reports on undelivered email confirmations again, so we set up an alternative way to confirm your account. If your account remains Unconfirmed, log in to your account, and head on over to the main forum index. You should see a helpful link about Account Verification on the very top of the index. Follow the link and the instructions within, and we'll get you sorted in no time.

After we confirm you, you'll be able to:
  • Post on the forums
  • Edit your profile
  • Access the downloads area
  • Send private messages

If you can't see a fancy new link there, your account is already confirmed, and you're good to go. ;)

You can also reach out to us on Facebook or Discord for help with your account.
Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
Join our fancy Discord Server!

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Well, not a "fix" as much as a janky workaround, but you know... :grimace:
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Hmm I don't seem to get emails delivered any more about forums, but I haven't really been on in 3 or 4 years. I don't see that Account Verification link either. Any ideas? Much as I love constantly logging in to the site to see posts... :-D
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    edited March 2020 #4
    @japetus You don't need account verification, since your account was migrated from the old site back in February 2019, and all the accounts on the old site were already verified. :)

The email verification is only needed for new members or if you change your email in your profile. As far as the emails go, you should get them for any notifications you've set up in your profile, but they may end up in your spam folder. Our sender score is pretty close to perfect in all the tests I run occasionally, so the rest is up to your email provider.

I'll send you a private message. Let's see what happens with the email.

[Edit]: According to the server logs the email was delivered, so it should be waiting in you inbox.
    Post edited by Guerrilla on
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Doh there they are in my spam... dunno why I didn't think to check, they used to not do that. Thanks! I feel silly now. :eyeroll: