Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLIS Gemini XII

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
I've started a new project where I am working on the Gemini XII from the unaired pilot of Lost In Space. This test video was to test the static discharge tubes (Jacob's Ladder) and the blinking computer lights. Video is in 4:3 B&W format as would have been seen back in the 1960's.

Gemini XII Test

5qwmo0vhk4hj.png
BrandenbergMadKoiFishLizzy777evil_genius_180P5ych0p4th
Tagged:

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    My friend, that is ABSOLUTELY EXQUISITE! Well done!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Boy you are really mastering some animation. Great to see your stuff posted here. Clean ship, great detail. It will be fun to see this progress.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Quick update: Comparisons between Gemini XII and Jupiter 2.

0uIE9Yi.png

MfXM19T.png

HT0jpFY.png
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180MadKoiFish
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    edited January 2020 #5
    I'm loving it Al! Good to see someone finally tackle the original G12! And I like the Black & White approach.

So, from a modeling standpoint, what do you think about the G12 vs the J2 wall panels being of slightly differing proportions? I look back on my J2 and think I might have gotten them a bit wrong even though I tried to follow the original Fox Studio blueprints. I compare them with screenshots from the DVDs and mine are a bit off. Do you think the panels are pushed farther out from the center than they were in the G12?

Maybe it has something to do with the non-symmetrical angular spacing of the 8 structural ribs vs the J2?
    Post edited by Avian on
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is a really cool project. I love Lost in Space. :)
    Thanks everyone. The wider front window did making equal spacing between the ribs almost impossible. That and the floor being so much lower in the G12 then in the J2 also caused some adjustments to the height of the wall panels. I really think my G12 wall panels more look more accurate for dimensions then the J2. And yes, I pushed the wall panels out farther from the center of the ship due to the spacing of the ribs.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    I love the side-by-side comparison! Well done!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Hi Al,
    this is a realy nice mesh.
    Quick update. Been working on the crew of the Gemini XII. I really suck at organic modeling, so used a feature in DAZ 3D called Face Transfer which will create the face mesh and textures from a single head on image of a person. It's not exact, but will work for my purposes.

uysx6uuwgjq0.png
    Brandenbergevil_genius_180Lizzy777
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Wow that's not bad. Will Robinson is quite close. I see the resemblance in the other five.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's not bad at all, Al. You can definitely tell who they're supposed to be, which is the important part. They remind me a bit of video game characters from a few years ago, which isn't a criticism at all.