Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Star Trek Thread

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Getting some paint on.

ps8godjcdwjw.png
    o759aim0qnjn.png
    3ajee8tet0dw.png
    ashleytingerscifiericRekkertevil_genius_180LoopholeLizzy777MadKoiFishsrspicer
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I am really liking the shape you've got for the front and side of the secondary hull.
    Brandenberg
    @ashleytinger Thanks.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is looking VERY pretty!
    Brandenberg
    @scifieric Thanks to you too.
    scifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I agree with the others, it's looking great.
    scifiericBrandenberg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    She looks great!
    Thanks all. She's still getting refined. There are improvements that need doing.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Better & better!
    Appreciated - all of you. I've been having trouble with my computer (Read Blue Screen of Death). I am diverted to doing a fresh install of windows. There is so much you have to think about when doing this. ie Deauthorizing iTunes, Mail Backup, Program updating.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Uh before that scan all your drives with a tool like crystal disc info. Most bluescreens I have found is faulty hdw and most often ram or a hdd with a corrupted memory unit. (ram,ssd,nvme being a dead cell. Hdd being a bad or pending sector)
    With spinning drives look for
    Current pending sector count raw value usualy = to how many are marked for scanning and repairing)
    Uncorrectable sector count (ones the system could not fix)

If you have these data on drive is suspect. Copy everything off note files that error and replace if possible) Then do a full reformat of the drive. Check it after if it still has any of the above warnings toss the drive.
    After the scan it might be all blue (in the case of crystaldisc info) but often youll see reallocated sector count flagged. This is OKish but I would retire the drive for archive use EG no read write life or LOW use life.

HDDs today are garbage, consider them nearly write twice and fail for all sectors. Almost all failed drives I have seen (mine and others) are due to a bad manufacturing sector being found as your writting to the drive. EG the drive was faulty from factory. Given the size of a lot of the hdds some times it takes ages to fill them up and find that issue.

Also try reseating and cleaning the system out. Ages ago I had a system that just suddenly was unstable, it was a bit of fluff in the AGP port.

Software can cause them but usually only due to new driver installs or added software that installs crapware. Large 3d soft are rife with them/ (DRM apps)
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    What MKF said. I had to take my case outside, pop the RAM out and blow the hell out of it a few months back as I was getting BSoD and it ended up being a badly seated RAM chip and dust.
    Wise direction @MadKoiFish

I had a complicated problem having to do with a RAID setup. I had been moving toward M2 SSD drives and so improved my system in the process of ditching the RAID and going to the faster bus attached M2. I also ordered an i9 processor and faster memory that will go on my existing ASUS Tuf gaming Motherboard.

After a lot of reloading software and data recovery, I am back at it again. I still have things to do with the Belknap class but thought I would kitbash a Niagara class. 1701-D bridge and engines, 1701-C secondary hull and its own 1701-D like saucer. Unique bridge foundation structures and engine pylons. I don't particularly care for this design. I think the engine sticking down from the secondary hull is forced and somewhat klunky, but I need it for a client project.

d8b4nl8y1qib.png
    Rekkertevil_genius_180
    edited February 2020 #735
    I think when I am done with the model (I think this was originally a wreck the Borg hammered at Wolf 259 or something). I will do an original with the engines attached the way I would have done them.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Perhaps something like this - need to reshape the Pylons.

ay3ags67an91.png
    Warp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180Lizzy777Loophole
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Interesting take, that does look a lot more balanced. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That an interesting design but the nacelles look very oversized for this ship.
    Loophole
    You know... you’re right @Freak. The interesting thing is, the engines are exactly the same size as they are on the Niagara model. I just moved them and took the pic from a different angle.

But they DO look too big. Go figure...
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I like that tri-nacelle design.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    Nice start on the Niagara class, bro. I like your take on it too.

It was all about how the ships would look in the background in The Best of Both Worlds Part 2. That's why they had some radical designs. Still, this funky baby has a soft spot in my heart. There were three types of ships used in the graveyard scene, stuff they used existing bits for, (like the engine section from the destroyed enterprise refit) the kitbashes that Ed Miarecki created and the originals that Greg Jein's model shop put together. This is, of course, the latter.
    I’ve seen (and have) the pictures of the Niagara being built. You’v got to appreciate that building a partial ship with frayed damage and internal pieces dangling out of it is a challenge.
    Yeah, Greg Jein's shop put a lot of work into that one and the Freedom class. Of course, they used molds for some of their other models, such as the nacelles from the 4 foot Enterprise and secondary hull from the Ambassador.
    Well up and going with my i9. I will probably get a bigger water cooler for it. Rendering really turns up the temp.

As usual, the more I work on a ship, the more I like it.

65dlqd78rkca.png
    cphlqqo2hm39.png
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratory
    Yeah, she's an ugly duckling, but she kind of grows on you. That's the only Wolf 359 ship that I don't have from Eaglemoss. (I need to fix that someday)

The model is looking great. :+1:
    Brandenberg
    Thanks @evil_genius_180

I spent time working on the saucer scoring and also surface texture. The texture still needs refining but what I have is on the entire bridge assembly in this shot. I think a specular map would bring out the texture more. I also need to circularize the texture for the saucer.

bvfc81spzxw7.png
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180FreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
    Cut some windows on the top and added escape pods. Subsequently discovered my saucer numbering is too big.

37fspuu83yg4.png
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
    Looking good. Not a lot of windows on the saucer compared to the secondary hull. Of course, on the show about 1/3 of the saucer was gone.
    Brandenberg
    You caught me. I think the secondary hull on the Niagara has less windows than the Enterprise C. I just flat copied the Enterprise C hull to use on this model.
    evil_genius_180
    edited March 2020 #750
    Heh, I didn't know the Niagara class secondary hull has less windows. I just figured it was the same, since they used the Enterprise-C molds to make it.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Brandenberg
    edited March 2020 #751
    Added phaser strips. Need to recolor the bridge platform and bridge. For some reason I don't mind taking a lot of liberty with this ship, so windows, it is. :)

h77p443vl5wp.png
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakevil_genius_180Lizzy777