Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    @Rekkert Amazing craftsmanship, as usual! You've really developed a great understanding of these art styles and managed to make them your own.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited February 2020 #2553
    @evil_genius_180: Haha, I know what you mean!

@murby: That's looking good! I would suggest you create a thread for it, or post about it on the 'What are you working on?' thread. :)

@lennier1: Thanks mate, that's high praise coming from you!

Been working on several commissions as stated before; I've finished the one that's been consuming the most of my time for the past week, but I still can't share it, as I'm giving my client dibs on announcing it and sharing it online first. I'll be posting it here later in the week (probably tomorrow), but its a long term project which I'm super exited for being a part of.

Besides that, I've finished another, far smaller commission: the bridge of the Ambassador-Class USS Dreadnought. This one was done for @Rusty0918. The Dreadnought was an early Ambassador (registry NCC-10593), and this is how it looks after a refit in the 2350's.

As you can see it's similar to the USS Omaha I did last month, but without the front station, and with details from the Enterprise-C brought in. Most notable are the new greebles on the aft tactical station, and the early TNG style conn/ops chairs, which I've refurbished and now look a bit more comfortable than they did before. :p

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1582154771
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1582154775
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1582234158
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1582154782
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-dreadnought-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1582234158
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180BrandenbergFreakshaved_apelewisnivenLeoBerlin
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I like the empty space created by the removal of the front station. Gives the captain somewhere to stand when staring down an enemy.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    furswift wrote: »
    I like the empty space created by the removal of the front station. Gives the captain somewhere to stand when staring down an enemy.

And to burp in their face! LOL. J/K. Well, the captain on this ship does often carry and drink thermos mugs of Pepsi on the bridge (no really!).
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryRekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I love that bridge.
    Rekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I love that bridge too.
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Gasp -- Gorgeous!
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning.
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    The bridge the Ent-C should have had. That looks great.
    Rekkert
    In a way, I've always hoped that what we saw on screen was just the battle bridge.
    Rekkert
    @lennier1 - Sean Robertson (or seanr) speculated that what we saw was a battle bridge or auxiliary control room on the Enterprise-C as opposed to the main bridge. I thought the same about the Sutherland's bridge in the TNG episode "Redemption Part II" - it was either an auxiliary control room or temporary bridge.
    Rekkert
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    I gotta be honest here, overall, it's a great layout, but two things bug me. First, the metal texture for the flooring doesn't seem to fit the overall scheme. If it's a diamondplate texture you're looking for, or similar, maybe it's the way the pattern lays out, but it doesn't mesh well with the carpet. Maybe try putting in some metal framework between the two surfaces?

Second, the steps out of the lower level of the command area look like they are removable. Some evil Ensign could easily move them out of the way and subsequently, a poor soul would take a nasty tumble. Sorry, my architectural training shining through.

Other than that, the bridge is flawless. =)
    Rekkert
    Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad this got the positive reaction that it did!

@shaved_ape: I agree regarding the metal flooring, though it's one of those things that's brought in from canon, TMP era ships usually had this sort of diamond plate texture.

The carpeted circle isn't actually part of the floor structure, it's literally a carpet thrown on top (it's even a separate mesh), this is again bound to canon, as the separate carpet elements from bridges such as the Ent-D's and Ent-E's were layered one on top of the other and were removable instead of being bound together. If they were all part of the same floor panels, then I agree with you, a metallic frame would work to bound the two, similar to how the Kelvin bridge floor was done. :)

As for the steps, once again they're taken from canon inspiration, as these were used on the Enterprise-A, B, Excelsior, and DS9 Saratoga bridges (and I'm sure on others I'm forgetting as well). Indeed they do seem removable, but on some screenshots I see what could be screw holes fixing them to the ground, so I bet they were actually bolted on set. The Saratoga use is particularly noteworthy (and particularly bothersome for someone with OCD as me), as they were clearly not intended to be noticed, and they don't even fit in with the platform they're placed against, as you can see on the reproduction of the floor layout I did here.:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1579883688
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad this got the positive reaction that it did!

@shaved_ape: I agree regarding the metal flooring, though it's one of those things that's brought in from canon, TMP era ships usually had this sort of diamond plate texture.

The carpeted circle isn't actually part of the floor structure, it's literally a carpet thrown on top (it's even a separate mesh), this is again bound to canon, as the separate carpet elements from bridges such as the Ent-D's and Ent-E's were layered one on top of the other and were removable instead of being bound together. If they were all part of the same floor panels, then I agree with you, a metallic frame would work to bound the two, similar to how the Kelvin bridge floor was done. :)

As for the steps, once again they're taken from canon inspiration, as these were used on the Enterprise-A, B, Excelsior, and DS9 Saratoga bridges (and I'm sure on others I'm forgetting as well). Indeed they do seem removable, but on some screenshots I see what could be screw holes fixing them to the ground, so I bet they were actually bolted on set. The Saratoga use is particularly noteworthy (and particularly bothersome for someone with OCD as me), as they were clearly not intended to be noticed, and they don't even fit in with the platform they're placed against, as you can see on the reproduction of the floor layout I did here.:
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1579883688

So is it safe to assume that you were going for exact reproduction then? If that's the case, then you've achieved it well.
    @shaved_ape: Yes, in details like those, if left to my own devices, I usually try and do exact reproductions. :)

Another commission done for @Rusty0918, this one's the bridge of the USS Constellation, NCC-71956. A Galaxy-Class commissioned not long after Wolf 359, the bridge has a somewhat more utilitarian feel to it, with the Captain positioned closer to the conn/ops consoles, and a new Tactical console behind their chair. The horseshoe is used by the XO instead.

Also, the red alert status for this one was interesting to do. The lighting is based on the 'Yesterday's Enterprise' Ent-D bridge.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1582319084
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1582315688
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1582315695
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1582315676
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1582315686
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1582315692
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1582315674
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-constellation-71956-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1582315679
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenbergFreakLeoBerlin
    @Rekkert - the tactical station is still the horseshoe, as the XO (and others) use that console behind the command chair.
    Rekkert
    Interesting layout. I like the color scheme too.
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    @Rekkert - the tactical station is still the horseshoe, as the XO (and others) use that console behind the command chair.

That makes a lot more sense. :)
    Rekkert
    Wow. Care to share a count on how many bridge interiors you have in your portfolio?

They're all spectacular that I can see.
    Rekkert
    Wow. Care to share a count on how many bridge interiors you have in your portfolio?

They're all spectacular that I can see.
    Check out his social media. ;)
    6emzc2ja2mfr.png

Rekkert
    lennier1 wrote: »
    Check out his social media. ;)

Some people don't like social media.
    RekkertBrandenberg
    Some people don't like social media.

*Raises hand*
    There's a reason why I'm only on Twitter, and even that one I don't like, I just tolerate it. :p

Let's see... according to my master spreadsheet, I've finished 56 interiors, and 55 are on the portfolio (one was literally a name change for an existing design, not worth uploading for something that looked exactly the same from all angles except when seeing the MSD). I have 6 more in various stages of development, between commissions and personal projects.

Of those 55, 33 are commissions, and the other 22 are personal. They are:
    - 39 Bridges
    - 5 Battle bridges
    - 3 Sickbays
    - 2 Transporter rooms
    - 1 Lounge
    - 1 Ops Center
    - 1 Ready Room (Fontana Station's, attached to Ops)
    - 1 Engineering
    - 1 Briefing Room
    - 1 Captain's Quarters
    evil_genius_180Brandenberg
    edited February 2020 #2573
    Wow, I guess given this thread I should have expected that many. But that's a LOT of work dude! Thanks for the info.

And yeah, I also don't mess with social media in general.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    No social media for me either.

That's an impressive list of the interiors you've done, Rekkert.
    Brandenberg
    And yeah, I also don't mess with social media in general.
    No social media for me either.
    Well, that's your decision. What I pointed out, isn't just Twitter, but also links to his galleries on ArtStation and DeviantArt.
    edited February 2020 #2576
    Yeah, DeviantArt and Artstation are pretty nice. Though, I consider those art sharing sites more so than social media.

I used Facebook briefly a few years ago because I was attached to a project that was using it as a platform to get the word out. Overall, I found the whole site very unimpressive. Also, people on there tend to lose any filter they would have if they were talking to you face to face and just say whatever they want no matter how bad it is. Once the project went belly-up, I deactivated my account. That's about my only experience with social media. The most annoying thing about social media for me, especially Facebook, is when people at work assume I've seen something because it was posted on there.

I barely tolerate YouTube, though I also only pay attention to the handful of channels and topics I follow and I ignore 99.9% of what is posted on there.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    edited February 2020 #2577
    Went back to the Potemkin shuttlebay as it was 99% done, and I don't want to leave it like that. I added sconces above the doors in Shuttlebay Control, as well as access panels in the empty walls next to said doors. For the pool table, I did a simple shuttle diagnostic graphic in the end, as I didn't quite like how the shuttlebay layout fit in the table.

Finally, I also did some new wall keypads for the shuttlebay deck, to add a bit of visual variety to the otherwise fairly empty back wall. I'm ready to call it done now. :)

tadeo-d-oria-c13-01.jpg?1582598572
    tadeo-d-oria-c14-01.jpg?1582598576

Also, I've been modifying the textures on Chris Kuhn's Excelsior model to have the Potemkin registry on the nacelles, so that I can render them outside the shuttlebay and they fit in properly.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-02-24-23-54-18.jpg?1582599372
    ashleytingerFreakZhor2395evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777
    Very nice!
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Love that shuttlebay.
    Rekkert
    edited October 2020 #2580
    Thanks @ashleytinger and @Freak! :)

Here are all the finished renders of the bay! I did some slight modifications to Kuhn's Excelsior model in order to connect it with the shuttlebay in a somewhat proper way. Hope you like it!

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1601680881
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1601680888
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1601680896
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1601680903
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1601680913
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1601680922
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1601680930
    tadeo-d-oria-c8-01.jpg?1601680937
    tadeo-d-oria-c9-01.jpg?1601680944
    tadeo-d-oria-c10-01.jpg?1601680951
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-potemkin-shuttlebay-cutaway.jpg?1601680958
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180JMP11Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    As I said on deviantart, fantastic work.
    Rekkert