Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy Star Trek Thread

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited January 2020 #692
    This configuration looks much better head on too. So thanks to @Barricade for the suggestion. There is of course, more detail work to be done.

qwc7xin6vk75.png
    2n6sofuq8fnk.png
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Lizzy777Freak
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Appreciated @Starship

I might like the above with the split saucers instead. The two side bubbles on the neck are a mall/restaurant/Recreation.

cvaia2c1chmh.png

I like this one the best. The spheres on the side look better than the saucers and I like the elongated saucer at the base and dual saucers up top. I think it all balances nicely.
    scifiericLoophole
    Thanks my friend.
    edited February 2020 #695
    Still Chipping away. Some of this has not been converted to Lightwave's "Principled BSDF" and so there is snow on it.

00ixdhfl7rrt.png

evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freak
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    She looking good.
    @Freak Thank-you sir. Also @evil_genius_180 and @Lizzy777

I've started a Decatur Class. Why not!? I've got the saucer and engines already.

r5nyu08otynb.png
    RekkertLizzy777MadKoiFishLoopholeWarp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakashleytingersrspicer
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    The fun part of Trek kitbashes is anyone can use the same parts over and over to make a myriad of different ships.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    I was never a huge fan of wrapping the pylons underneath the secondary hull but I think you made it work!
    Brandenberg
    Standing among giants
    I can't take credit for the original of course.

@Lizzy777 Very true. However, the part I have to do over is that difficult shuttle bay at the back.

@Loophole Must agree. There are a number of ship designs I have never cared for, yet when I tackle them they grow on me. It's true in this case.

Thank-you for the "Likes" @Rekkert @Lizzy777 @MadKoiFish @Loophole and @furswift
    Lizzy777
    I've started a Decatur Class. Why not!? I've got the saucer and engines already.

Nice start. I'm a fan of that design.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Nice work so far. The Ascension/Belknap has been a favorite since I got Starship Design at a convention way back when. Gods I'm old.
    Brandenberg
    Thanks @evil_genius_180 and @ashleytinger

I'm now a fan of it too.
    A new angle. More work on it.

t0k4creb1alc.png

I also wanted to mention that I went back to Disneyland Anaheim, and got one ride on the new "Rise of the Resistance" Star Wars Galaxy's edge ride.
    If you get the chance - you've go to see this! The scale of the thing is massive. I've stood in a life size Docking Bay of a Star Destroyer with 200 Storm Troopers all lined up and at attention. Behind them is a HUGE screen depicting space outside of the docking bay with ships moving across it. Crystal Clear. There are tie fighters, shuttles and other ships in the bay with you. We were being taken to interrogation after getting tractored into the bay.

How we got into the bay is a mystery. We started in a forest boarding a resistance shuttle. Blaster damage appears as you travel through this thing. Guaranteed to make you walk away scratching your head and asking, "How did they do that?"
    xiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777evil_genius_180ashleytingerFreaksrspicerscifieric
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    This is coming along quite nicely! Such a graceful design, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :)
    Brandenberg
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    I made a lot of progress on the front and most of the hull and neck. Some detail on the front needed and I haven't quite finished the shuttle bay aft.

g09wwx8zfbef.png
    ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMadKoiFishLizzy777RekkertFreakevil_genius_180rojrenshaved_apesrspicerand 2 others.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    Really like the shapes in the secondary hull on this.
    Brandenberg
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Nice! I love the Belknap ever since doing the bridge for it. :lol:
    Brandenbergscifieric
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    The secondary hull is looking great so far.
    Brandenbergscifieric
  • shaved_apeshaved_ape433 USAPosts: 158Member
    Nice work so far. The Ascension/Belknap has been a favorite since I got Starship Design at a convention way back when. Gods I'm old.

I had the same thought about this shipp looking like the Belknap, or even a variation of the Churchill Class too. @Brandenberg has done a great job so far.
    Brandenberg
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    This secondary hull was the most difficult to machine & carve as a physical master pattern. I only had basic blue prints to work from.
    Yours looks great!
    Brandenbergscifieric
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Nice! I love the Belknap ever since doing the bridge for it. :lol:

Can you put the url for where that work is? I want to look at it

scifieric
    A big thanks all.
    Another angle - been working on smoothing and unifying the model.

728f0e3ykugt.png
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerFreakLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryscifieric
    e30cshnslx0d.png

evil_genius_180ashleytingerFreakLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratoryscifieric
    That's looking really nice
    Brandenberg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I was not sure on those Pylons but they are really starting to grow on me.
    Brandenberg
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    There was a comic either set between Star Trek V and Star Trek VI where Kirk is in Nogura's office, and he's talking about better protecting the Constitution class nacelles by bringing them down below the saucer. I always thought this class was the result of that thought. I mean yeah I'm sure the writer was putting thought towards the Next Gen Enterprise, but I figure Nogura is a more immediate kind of guy.

I'm really loving how she's coming together.
    Warp Propulsion Laboratoryscifiericevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    There was a comic either set between Star Trek V and Star Trek VI where Kirk is in Nogura's office, and he's talking about better protecting the Constitution class nacelles by bringing them down below the saucer. I always thought this class was the result of that thought. I mean yeah I'm sure the writer was putting thought towards the Next Gen Enterprise, but I figure Nogura is a more immediate kind of guy.

I'm really loving how she's coming together.

I didn't know about that one. I'm really glad you shared it. Yeah this design isn't something I would have immediately thought of but it works and works well.

Thank-you @evil_genius_180 and @Freak
    edited February 2020 #720
    On another note: I'm going to have to taper the front some toward the deflector because the two side sensor structures really need to be better smoothed into the main hull. Of course the bottom one is just fine because of the steep slope there.

Also one construction thought should anyone want to try this ship. It was inevitable but I had to slightly twist the engine pylons along their length toward the underside of the main hull. It's subtle but really made things cleaner.
    I had to adjust the deflector size down to add some detail around it. I tapered the front too, fixing the side sensor bodies.

0m8nt7ap7cvl.png
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777Freak