Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHowie's Star Wars Project Thread

• ViperViper1679 Posts: 717Administrator
    Yeah, I'm seeing very little flickering, if none, in that shot. Unfortunately, for the stuff I do, I need a very low noise level for the denoiser to work correctly. It tends to erase details if I leave the noise amount too high. For stills anyway. I might be able to get away with it for animations.
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member

More nonsense.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Lizzy777rojrenevil_genius_180FreakViperBrandenbergWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicer
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Holy crap on a cracker! That's gorgeous!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's some incredible detail work.
    Damn man. That's incredible work! Can you show the hangars a bit more? Also, sent you a PM :)
    Thanks, all! Viper, sure, here you go - I will warn you, I haven't really detailed them. bg6b8yvgbcmc.png
    Nathan RubricViperLizzy777BrandenbergFreak
    Yeah, I wasn't joking. :D 4liuu5pt5bm8.png
    Nathan RubricViperLizzy777BrandenbergFreak
    Yet another angle, a bit less glare. I mean, I'm mostly happy with how the floor markings turned out, for as hacky as they are, but there really needs to be ships in these hangars, cargo, gantries, cables...to feel right. ila91j8f17jf.pngfk05g3ez64x4.png

Nathan RubricRekkertViperLizzy777BrandenbergFreakWarp Propulsion Laboratory
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Fan-flipp'n-tastic! Wow!
    Fantastic. Thanks for the close ups :)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Leaves you breathless. How much time did that take? Exceptional work.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    In the Word of Neo, "Wow!"
    Some work done on the Animatic for the shortfilm!

Lizzy777Viperevil_genius_180Freak
    Beautiful work!
    Jesus, that first shot almost looks like a practical model. Very well done man!
    Thanks, guys! Added a couple of more scenes, working along. :D ..and fixed some dtupid typos.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Freakxiaorobear
    Your work, as always, is excellent. The animations look smooth and nice, plus I love that you have actual lighthing that allows you to see stuff, unlike a lot of modern Sci-Fi space stuff. (there's a reason it wasn't lit realistically before)
    Howard Day wrote: »
    ..and fixed some dtupid typos.

That made me laugh. :disappointed:
    Thanks, evil! So, here's the latest, now with music. It's coming along, and I've moved back to the modeling side. I have taken a break to re-render my Duros dialog scene. I've attached images of all that as well.
    Music!

Duros!
    sd32jfqw53b9.png
    qjdtsirps214.png
    Magister updates: hangar bay improvements, more detailed armor!
    m1djos7qtv5m.png
    r5wsjlxysflr.png
    vab2r4ky20nb.png
    7ci3vekbdlvg.png
    Enjoy!
    evil_genius_180Nathan RubricWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777xiaorobear
    edited January 2020 #80
    There's an odd "jump" in the movement of the left fighter when it starts moving forward after it takes off, but otherwise the animation is nice and smooth.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together, especially once you get to the final animation renders with the ships in all their detailed glory. I can already picture it based on what you've posted and it's going to be sweet.

Also, is that Duros a person in a costume or CGI? It looks incredible either way.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    It's CG. The whole scene is. I just got my christmas present to myself... a Ryzen 5950x with dual TITAN RTXs in NVLink. This thing RIPS through these renders. the 4K renders of the SD are taking around 1m8-10s each. The Duros renders (since they're more complexly lit) are taking...2 minutes. I'm cackling like a Disney villain over here. :D
    And yes! thanks for the note on that launch. I will fix that for the next upload.
    evil_genius_180
    2 minutes to render those Duros frames?! Holy crap, dude! That's blazing fast with what all is in that scene.
    Right? AT 4K! It's insane. Sure, post processing takes 10-15 seconds a frame, and saving the files out of MAX takes 8-10 seconds...but compared to my since 1080GTX, the render times for this level of quality were in the 20m per frame. I'm delighted.
    evil_genius_180
    Here's the latest animation on the Duros scene - you can see how much the rendering has improved from the 1080GTX days.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXeiiQmbv5dkj1Wklt3fBYavkU5u0m4F/view?usp=sharing
    evil_genius_180Nathan Rubric
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9714 Posts: 5,302Member
    lol 1080gtx days lol, and here I am thinking I am splurging on a 3900x.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Hahaha, yeah. An 9K machine was a bit of a splurge - but the productivity boost it's given me, time wise has almost paid for itself already.
    So! Heres the latest Duros render! I'm very happy with it, save some fireflies causing over bloom flickering - which I do know how to fix. :D

Enjoy!

RekkertxiaorobearLizzy777evil_genius_180
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear682 Posts: 171Member
    edited January 2020 #87
    Looking ever more fantastic, can't wait to see more shots. The tiniest critique I can make is that at full HD it looks like the headset might be clipping with the top of the Duros' forehead.1m67iu2lyxnf.png

Can't wait to see some of those Imperial cockpits as well!
    Post edited by xiaorobear on
    Good point!
    Started adding new terracing to the Magister, working on finishing the bottom.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png[img][/img]
    Nathan Rubricevil_genius_180Lizzy777xiaorobearWarp Propulsion LaboratoryFreak
    The animation looks fantastic. Of course, so does the work on the ship. :)
    I absolutely love how this is progressing.

I am curious about where the ships drop from. It looks kind of like they appear in the center of the open triangle.