Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWarp Fighter and other ships

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That render looks great. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    She coming along nicely.

While we never seen military units in Starfleet with the except of DS9. We do know that Earth's per UPF Starfleet did have MACO's, We also got to see Colonel West in Star Trek VI: TUC in the uncut version of the film. So we know they excite. I agree with Lizzy that it would be a good opportunity to design your own patches for them and the sub units.
    I can also see the Akria class being used primarily by this subsection of Starfleet along with the boarder patrols ships.
    srspicer
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Wow. Nice model. Great lines.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Just a few little bits, got the torpedo tubes and countermeasures on but they still need some more details.
    Next I will work on the underside.

c2d1cdd9u1k9.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180RekkertFreakBrandenberg
    She coming along nicely.
    Thanks, coming along a little slowly though.

I have added a little bit of detail for the torpedo launchers and loading hatches.
    I have been working on cleaning up the mesh, and trying out a lot of things. So there isn't much that is new. I am also having some smoothing problems and it's taking a little bit of time to sort it out.

9dap7g73lrsw.jpg
    3it1rog31svg.jpg

Freakevil_genius_180Lizzy777Brandenberg
    I like all the little details. :)
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    The finishing work always seems to take up the most time. Just one more little thing to fix.
    evil_genius_180
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    just awesoem work here. like it a lot.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Coming along nicely!!
    This took longer than I thought, I was trying out different ideas for the way the landing gear retracts.
    The gear itself is just a concept at the moment. I will be changing the details to make it fit together better, especially the rear pads.

pc804ly23pil.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180RekkertFreakrojrenBrandenberg
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Gorgeous!
    Some more on the underside, roughly added hard points. The landing gear was giving me trouble so I will think about that more later and concentrate on getting the main panel sections finished first instead.

44ui6d6hhsa5.jpg
    srspicerRekkertLizzy777FreakBrandenberg
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice ship!
    She coming along nicely
    Sorting out some details at the back, and got the rear torpedoes in.

hhatybywiz37.jpg
    Lizzy777Freakevil_genius_180Brandenberg
    A few more bits and pieces.

ov8glgnbcr5y.jpg
    FreakLizzy777Zhor2395Rekkertevil_genius_180Brandenberg
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Always liked this version of a Federation fighter. Glad your back in the 3D world Kaden... I should get off my lazy but and start modeling again hahahahaha.

Can't wait to see where you take the updates on this one.
    The details on this are looking really good.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Again, really nice lines. Great job.
    Here is the latest. A couple of renders and a screen shot from blender of the warp core hatch on the underside.
    I am working on the RCS at the moment. Any suggestions for other placements? I am thinking top and bottom of the nacelles but not sure if it is really needed. Maybe some wing tip ones?

Anyway enjoy, and thanks for the comments!

ywez4qci62id.jpg
    oc6u3jcjg0o4.jpg
    rpte76nwp2ck.jpg

srspicerevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    Great work.

Wings are definitely a good place for thrusters. When maneuvering, you want placements that are more at the extreme edges of your ship, which allows for better movement around the center of mass than if the thrusters are closer to the center of mass. In fact, I would actually move the ones that are on the backs of the wings to the backs of the nacelles and put some on the wing tips. But, that's just me.
    edited January 2020 #54
    I agree with Chris, your going to have put some on the wing tip.
    Also put a set at the front and back so the nose can be moved up and down quicker.

You want this to behave like a fighter jet. so having the RCS as far out as you can will help with this. (though in Space it will not behave like a fighter jet.)
    Look at the placement of the RCS on the fighter from B5 for inspiration on placement.

3aaf252a8163fba4d0875bccc2ab38ad.jpg
    Post edited by Freak on
    edited January 2020 #55
    Not a lot of visible changes with this one, I am still figuring out some details for the engines and warp nacelles. I might also add some more rcs to the top of the nose near the front, but that's probably about all I will do. It has the same amount of rcs now as the original. I just have to add all the nozzles parts then that's one more thing off the list.

diggqewdzdhl.png

Inside the cockpit is still only blocked out.
    Post edited by kaden on
    Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
  • Howard DayHoward Day632 Posts: 434Member
    This looks awesome! Very cool work. :D
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    Here's hoping I'm not stepping on toes...

Since you added what appear to be dual underwing hardpoints, per wing, may I suggest an optionally mounted one-shot or two-shot 'full sized' photon torpedo launcher? Sort of like how in the newest Ace Combat you had underwing stealthed pylon mounts for the F-22? In a kind of 'use 'em & lose 'em' setup where it's a barebones launcher that can be ejected after launching off the torpedo. Would make for a nice opening salvo 'bombing' type run to soften up a target, then eject the excess & now unnecessary (unsightly?) mass, and flip back to the fighter role.
    I dunno about a single fire launcher, you might as well send a Defiant or something like that lol.
    My idea for this is more recon and patrolling than fighting. You would call in a bigger ship when things get out of control. If anyone has seen the show Yukikaze, it would be like the super sylph.

I have been a bit busy/lazy but worked on more of it today. Rebuilt the rear under the nacelles, I tried a curved surface but I think the flat one suits it better.
    dd4rsaky1lbf.jpg
    Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Looking good. Like the flat better than the curve. Maybe a good place for plasma vents or sensor pack?
    Yup looks better flat, just a test on the angled part at the moment.
    x50aljotm5fm.jpg
    Lizzy777ComcoFreakpubliusrsrspicerBrandenbergevil_genius_180
  • damodamo171 Posts: 4Member
    Loving this design and its progress. I have not done 3D in around 20 years now, but this is so much better than the fighter I did back then - it is my profile pic :)