Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    @Rekkert Great minds... :)

The rails work good there, honestly I didn't notice them at first and the lights work well too.
    Rekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great work, as usual. :)
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180: Thanks! I based the pit floor on the patterns of the Enterprise-E bridge floor, it's a very unusual style from previous Trek bridges.

That's probably why I like it so much. John Eaves did the design work for that movie and I usually like his stuff. And, yours is done in a similar style. :)
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Okey, I'll be keeping both the light and rails then, thanks for the feedback! :)

Added more details everywhere, most notably the overhead vertical lights are now in place; and the ceiling was modified to emit a colder light, again inspired on the Nemesis bridge. Also, the blue carpet border has been added around the outside walls of the bridge. Most LCARS are in place though I still have to fill in some consoles.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-03.jpg?1578473613
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1578473616

Also, here's a quick and dirty orthographic view from the top, with backface culling enabled so that the ceiling can be made see-through. As you can see I model the floor separately from the walls, so the borders aren't perfect, but you can get a sense of its shape from the added blue carpet pattern.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2020-01-08-00-59-27.jpg?1578473615
    Zhor2395evil_genius_180JMP11FreakLizzy777ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBrandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    I always love your LCARS. :)
    Rekkert
    The vertical overhead lights really tie everything together and look really sharp.
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    I was hoping you'd do some of that overhead bracing on the ceiling. I am not disappointed. It looks great.
    Rekkert
    edited January 2020 #2498
    Glad you're all liking the latest updates!

I've finished the big LCARS screens. The new Communications III panel featuring the side profile of the ship is inspired on a very similar looking LCARS from the Generations Enterprise-D bridge Communications III console.

I've also added some details above the viewscreen that emulate the overhead light design, but without actually being lit. This way I don't leave that whole area empty, while also not adding unnecessary lights that make seeing the viewscreen more difficult.

I think I'm mostly done with this bridge. I want to take the extra time I have to replace the keyboard area of the perimeter stations. Right now these look like Enterprise-D consoles with different colors (because that's exactly what they are), and I want them to look like the more appropriate Enterprise-E version.

Is there anything you think I'm missing here? :)

tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1578532001
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-02.jpg?1578532004
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    MadKoiFishsrspicerevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    Created the aforementioned new LCARS keyboards for the perimeter consoles. Ended up going with a mix of the Ent-E and Prometheus versions, to tie them up better with the existing LCARS from the central stations.

After that, I've done a final pass at the lighting. The intensity is pretty much the same, but colors and gradients changed heavily towards colder tones, with light blues on the ceiling and some purple coming across at the edge of the light fixtures; to better match up the similar details from Nemesis.

tadeo-d-oria-c5-02.jpg?1578604727
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-05.jpg?1578604724
    evil_genius_180srspicerashleytingerFreakLizzy777Brandenberg
    edited September 2020 #2500
    Here are all the finished renders! I went a bit overboard with the amount, and I rendered them with double the sample size. It shouldn't really be noticeable but I wanted to make sure all the little details were coming through. I also did some renders under red alert.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1601063510
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01.jpg?1601063526
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1601063541
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1601063558
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1601063566
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1601063574
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-01.jpg?1601063583
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01r.jpg?1601063517
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-01r.jpg?1601063534
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01r.jpg?1601063549
    tadeo-d-oria-uss-cerberus-bridge-cutaway.jpg?1601063592
    evil_genius_180JMP11ashleytingerLizzy777BrandenbergFreakD-JotaZhor2395Captain SerekI14R10
    The finished bridge looks fantastic.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    The finished bridge looks fantastic.
    I agree completely!
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    It looks and feels so life-like, I can imagine actually being there
    This is my favorite original bridge design. Great work!
  • mdtamdta390 Posts: 95Member
    The Bridge looks pretty perfect. I have personal quibbles but not about your work, just in general about the large light panels with "black tape" details, being a little overwhelming - but I feel the same about the actual set designs which use them too :smile:
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    I love the floor and levels on this one.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This has turned out really Nice!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Yeah, I'm going with "The finest bridge you've ever done" too. :)
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I think this might become my mental picture for the bridge of the Titan (I think you did one that I liked for Excalibur as well). Love the lighting.
    I'm glad the Cerberus bridge design got so much positive feedback, looking back I'm very happy with how it turned out myself (which isn't usually the case when I look back at my own projects).

@mdta: I know what you mean, I have the same gripes and worries sometimes of going overboard with certain motifs such as the taped light panels.

Didn't exactly have the most relaxing of vacations at Bariloche; my family can be extremely taxing sometimes... At least my partner and I could enjoy the fresh air, some kayaking, and trekking (both kinds of trekking, as we did a little TNG marathon in preparation to Picard). We were glad to return home, and I particularly was glad to get back to work.

First news might not be a welcomed one, but still it was necessary to do. I'm no longer working on the Probert concept bridge from TNG. Simply put it dragged on for so long that working on it reminded me of the cr*p I was going through last year, hence I wasn't able to work on it for very long before feeling bad, and despite my efforts to get past that I failed. Still not all is lost, my client, who's an extremely talented artist in their own right, has the files and will continue work on it, with me offering ideas and support rather than doing the actual work. I'll keep you updated when (and if) the project is finished.

Anyway, having left that behind and starting 2020 with a cleaner slate, I'm moving forward to new commissions. While I was on vacation I received quite a lot of commissions requests, so now I'm sorting through them and working on several small commissions that shouldn't take very long to finish, while more extensive jobs have been added to the queue to be worked on at a later date.

The first of these commissions that is in a showable state is the bridge of the Ambassador-Class USS Omaha, for @slybrarian. This is a modified version of the Corageous bridge, with several elements from other designs brought in; most distinctly of which are the Ent-B style console at the back, the Enterprise-C style perimeter stations, and the Budapest style helm station at the front.

Modeling for this bridge is already done, as they were all existing components, and only the LCARS remain to be completed.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1580084226
    tadeo-d-oria-c2-02.jpg?1580084229
    Zhor2395Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Freakevil_genius_180Brandenberg
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    That's a great looking bridge!

Sorry to hear you dropped the Probert concept, but I completely get it. I bounce from project to project so much to avoid burnout.
    Rekkert
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    OK so is that forward sunken station an auxiliary systems console or something else?
    Rekkert
    That's looking nice, I like the mash of styles.

Definitely understandable about the Probert concept bridge. There's no reason to work on stuff that's not healthy for you, and anything that makes you feel that bad definitely isn't healthy. It's good to hear you got a lot of commission requests while on vacation. You do great work. :)
    Rekkert
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    OK so is that forward sunken station an auxiliary systems console or something else?

It's an aftermarket helm console. The general idea of this bridge is that the ship was refit shortly after the Dominion War to bring it up to standards, but mostly it was software upgrades and the overall structure was mostly the same. The helm was an addition so that tactical and ops could both be in the center section. We tried a couple of different console styles and I thought that the Budapest both fit the space best and looked like someone at the shipyard saw the order for a helm and grabbed on from a modern ship.

Rekkert
    edited January 2020 #2515
    Adding in the LCARS for the perimeter consoles. This is the first time in almost two years that I work with the Ent-C style consoles, so I did some tweaks and improvements to both the geometry and the LCARS to bring them up to standard.

tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1580199009
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerFreakBrandenberg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sad to hear you abandoned that Probert-bridge, but I can understand, given the situation and feelings this may have caused. Let's see, where Mr. Baker goes with it.

Nice looking bridge, though I don't recall anymore, what the Courageous-bridge was... xD You post so many great designs, it's hard to keep track.
    Rekkert
    The LCARS look great. :)
    Rekkert
    @Aresius: Haha, after more than 50 designs, I sometimes lose track myself. I'll have to remember to post links when I mention previous works. Here's what the Courageous bridge was.

@evil_genius_180: Thanks! :)

Here's the MSD for the ship:
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-02.jpg?1580365119
    FreakLizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180Zhor2395
    It's impressive how you keep coming up with fresh designs and layouts for these ships' bridges that look like something that belongs in universe. I could see any of the bridges you make appearing on a TV episode or movie. (classic Trek, not the new stuff)
    RekkertBrandenberg
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    your work never fails to impress. excellent work! :)
    Rekkert
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    It's impressive how you keep coming up with fresh designs and layouts for these ships' bridges that look like something that belongs in universe. I could see any of the bridges you make appearing on a TV episode or movie. (classic Trek, not the new stuff)

I totally agree with that.
    I also think these designs would look great with today filming technics along with MKF ship designs.
    Just a shame they kept the JJ look for STD.
    Rekkert