Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalScratch build 24" Super Star Destroyer

srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
edited December 2019 in Finished Work #1
Hello all, been a while since posting a physical model in this forum, if ever?
This is a 100% scratch build, 24" long model of I.S.S.D. Vengeance, like Vader's ship, only different. It took almost two years to complete while working on other commissions. I used styrene for the hull and detailing as well as small kit parts. It is lighted using A Mad Man lighting kit, who have since sold their product line to Tena Controls. The small Star Destroyers were 3D grown and purchased from a Shapeways users' file. The stand is my own design using brass tubing, store bought wood plaques and a custom made decal from an Etsy store. Link to the build page, scroll down the page a bit; srsprototyping.com/latest-project/
md69ayex0db2.jpg
ihrjr6o9gohv.jpg
m2ovo6gp35rr.jpg
y8e5a6al1hzm.jpg
gnk1wdtshx8m.jpg

Post edited by srspicer on
Lizzy777GuerrillaFreakComcoevil_genius_180wolfmanRekkert
Tagged:

• ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    That's really impressive. Must really look like something else in person. The scale isn't really coming across in these photos - shame there's not a coffee mug or something to get a proper sense of it.

The only parts that really throw me off are the round spheres around the edge of the hull - did you have a function in mind for these? I don't recall anything like this on the studio model.

What sort of other commission work do you do?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    This is fantastic. I admire anyone who builds physical models, particularly scratch built ones. The level of detail is super impressive, and the lighting looks great. Are the spheres extra reactors, or do they have another purpose?
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    Thank you both!
    I envision the central spheres, by the gold solar panels, as fuel storage, the outer spheres for water.
    As for scale, the back piece of the stand is 10" dia. and the SD's are approx. 2.5" long.

I do all kinds of commission work, illustrations, dioramas, master patterns, a working Pennsylvania long rifle, toy & model repairs & restoration. You can search around my web site by using the link in the OP.

evil_genius_180
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Your website is a treasure trove of awesome. I was perusing some of your recent work. I love the USS Ripley, and the callback to Alien/Aliens with the registry was a super nice touch. I also looked at some other great stuff, like the TOS Galactica and K't'inga. I love that stuff. And, I was looking at a lot of your other stuff too. Just great work all around. :)
    Thanks so much, EG! And thanks for taking the time to look around the site as well. B)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    OMG - that looks like a lot of work. Love the lighting and everything. :)
    Oh yeah and thanks!