Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Interiors

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Oh, wow, those are incredible! Everything looks great, and I especially love the camera angle from inside the corridor! Thank you again, so much!
    Rekkert
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I love the idea and it looks great. It's also cool that you're doing it for BolianAdmiral.
    Rekkert
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice work with the battle bridge.
    I always found the Odyssey bridge to be to small for a galaxy class ship. It a shame they never kept the Ent-D bridge stage up for use in DS9, but I under stand why they had to tare it down.
    Rekkert
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Yeah, the Odyssey bridge is an in-between when comparing its size to both the main bridge and the battle bridge of the Ent-D, so it really could be both ways. I tend to assume it was it's standard bridge.

Okey, so, one of the commissions I've been working on (other than the concept bridge, more on that later in the week) has been a loooong time coming. Back when I did the Parallels bridge for @JMP11 we had actually started on two commissions, as the bridge was fairly simple and quick to do. This commission is the main sickbay for the Galaxy-Class USS Venture.

The Venture appeared several times on DS9, but its interior was never seen. While JMP11 has a bridge idea for the Venture in mind, we decided to go with the sickbay first. This will be the first time I create any other room for a starship before doing its bridge.

Unfortunately, I created something of a nightmare scenario for myself with the Galaxy sickbay set I had previously done. I was still fairly new at this, and made a mess of several meshes, with thousands more polys than needed. I corrected these issues for things such as the biobeds when I created my Potemkin sickbay, but the frame of the Galaxy set still needed a hell of a lot of work. So, I had been working on and off on correcting these issues for a while, and this weekend I was finally able to start working on the actual modifications.

Anyway, onto the set itself. This is a Galaxy-Class sickbay from the early 2370's. Probably refit during the Klingon war, to make it easier for the medical staff to treat wounded in the main ward. The room itself has been expanded, with now 6 biobeds instead of the 4 the Enterprise-D had. The central space of the room is occupied by a desk on which a nurse is on duty.

The CMO's office and waiting room are unchanged in their dimensions, but the layout of the office was modified, with the desk rotated 90º, and a second archway added to give quick access to the new surgical area. Finally, there's a small corridor between the main ward and said surgical area, that leads to the soundstage rest of the medical deck, similar to those found on Prometheus' sickbay.

Props and colors are a mix of canon inspirations; with the biobeds modified to resemble those on the Defiant, doors taken from Voyager, and the color pallet being a mix of the cream colors of Prometheus and the dark metallic brown from Nemesis' Ent-E.

A lot still missing at this point of course. The surgical area walls will be illuminated just like Voyager's, while a standing console will be added near it. Some TNG styled elements (like those columns at each side of the nurse station) will be replaced with more Voyager-esque versions.

tadeo-d-oria-screenshot-from-2019-11-11-18-46-07.jpg?1573509616
    tadeo-d-oria-c1-01.jpg?1573509658
    tadeo-d-oria-c3-01.jpg?1573509661
    tadeo-d-oria-c4-01.jpg?1573509664
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-01.jpg?1573509667
    tadeo-d-oria-c6-01.jpg?1573509671
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryashleytingerJMP11Lizzy777FreakBrandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Does this sickbay have an EMH?
    Rekkert
    That looks great so far. I like the colors.
    Rekkert
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    I love that bridge layout. Especially the one person navigation/helm station.
    Rekkert
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Yeah, I’m liking the layout so far... I like the VOY elements mated with the lighter overall TNG wall colors... it does evoke the Prometheus in ways.
    RekkertJMP11
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    edited November 2019 #2350
    @Rusty0918
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    Does this sickbay have an EMH?

Yes, shortly after the loss of the Odyssey, the Venture was recalled to dry dock for a massive refit. The ship received additional phaser banks, upgraded bridge, and engineering sections. The refit also upgraded the sickbay, including a EMH program. However, the CMO in 2371, Dr. Pulaski had to be ordered by Captain Jellico to utilize the program for more complex issues than upset stomachs. =)
    Post edited by JMP11 on
    Rekkert
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Ok, I love that layout. It's what the TMP layout should really have been I think and especially TNG. Nice work!
    JMP11Rekkert
    That is a great looking Sickbay.
    The only suggestion I would make, is have another room attached to the theatres. for patients that have just had surgery to recovery before being moved back to the main "ward".
    Rekkert
    @ashleytinger: Absolutely! It was genius of @JMP11 to redesign the room this way, it makes so much more sense!

@Freak: Do keep in mind that this is just "main sickbay". As on the Enterprise-D, deck 11 was established as an entire medical complex; with several individual patient rooms, wards, and surgical theaters for treating the 1000+ crewmembers. The little zig-zag corridor added right next to the surgical area connects sickbay to the rest of this complex, so while it's not modeled here, it can be argued that those patient rooms do exist, back there. :)

I've been working on the surgical area some more, adding the Voyager-style wall... design... things... I know it's a bit too orange at this point, but I'll be adding more lights there.
    Also, the small corridor between said surgical area and the main ward is now 1/3 of a meter wider. Given it's connection to the rest of the medical deck and the CMO office, it should receive quite a bit of foot traffic; not to mention that one of these consoles has to fit in there.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-02.jpg?1573550797
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-03.jpg?1573550800
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777JMP11FreakBrandenberg
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    I love it
    Rekkert
    Indeed! Has me re-thinking part of my own layout :)
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    When you say “commission” what do you charge for an interior?

You do fine work sir.
    Rekkert
    edited November 2019 #2357
    @Brandenberg: Depends on each one of course, I have a small entry on DeviantArt explaining my fees and whatnot.

I've finished the walls behind the biobeds. These are based on the similar patterns from the sickbay of Nemesis. The new Voyager-style columns are in place as well, as are the details on the exit corridor walls.
    There's also a two-tone carpet now, with a Defiant-style line crossing in front of the biobeds (following the exact same pattern as the back wall), to add some sort of cut to the otherwise large open area that is the main ward.

tadeo-d-oria-c1-02.jpg?1573680200
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-07.jpg?1573680205
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerJMP11Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreakBrandenbergMadKoiFish
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    I have to say, this sickbay ICU would definitely fit a larger ship.

As per the NEM sickbay that was mentioned - it was cobbled together, although the main reason for that was because they tore down the Voyager sickbay that served the Enterprise-E sickbay in FC and INS.
    Rekkert
    That looks outstanding, I like the choices you're making with the elements you're blending.
    JMP11Rekkert
  • JMP11JMP1151 Posts: 130Member
    Perfect, the Voyager-style columns look much better in the cream color. It's looking good!
    Rekkert
    Loving this Sickbay.
    Rekkert
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    That looks outstanding, I like the choices you're making with the elements you're blending.

It truly does.
    Rekkert
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    This is a sickbay a hologram truly wouldn't mind being stuck in.
    Rekkert
    @Rusty0918: Funnily enough, I consider the Nemesis sickbay to be the proper Enterprise-E sickbay. It was a 360ª set designed and build from scratch rather than just reusing Voyager's; it's far bigger, which makes a lot of sense for such a large ship (with 6 biobeds, it's the biggest we've ever seen in canon); it has a lot of cool details that were custom made; and it features in a lot more of the movie than the other two combined (including deleted scenes). Sure, it was clearly made in the cheap as it wasn't an important enough set, but at least it's unique.
    In my head canon, the sickbay we saw in FC and INS was a secondary one (it was located on deck 16 after all, near engineering); while on Nemesis we saw the main sickbay on the saucer section.

I've spent most of the day working on the HÅG Capisco chair for the nurse station. This was one of the few prominent chairs from Trek interiors I had yet to do, and while it's not exactly easy to spot here behind the massive desk, it'll also be used on the bridge of the Venture whenever that gets done.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-08.jpg?1573789408
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-09.jpg?1573789411
    evil_genius_180FreakashleytingerLizzy777Brandenberg
    The Chairs Look Great!
    Rekkert
    Rekkert wrote: »
    @Rusty0918: Funnily enough, I consider the Nemesis sickbay to be the proper Enterprise-E sickbay. It was a 360ª set designed and build from scratch rather than just reusing Voyager's; it's far bigger, which makes a lot of sense for such a large ship (with 6 biobeds, it's the biggest we've ever seen in canon); it has a lot of cool details that were custom made; and it features in a lot more of the movie than the other two combined (including deleted scenes). Sure, it was clearly made in the cheap as it wasn't an important enough set, but at least it's unique.
    In my head canon, the sickbay we saw in FC and INS was a secondary one (it was located on deck 16 after all, near engineering); while on Nemesis we saw the main sickbay on the saucer section.

I've spent most of the day working on the HÅG Capisco chair for the nurse station. This was one of the few prominent chairs from Trek interiors I had yet to do, and while it's not exactly easy to spot here behind the massive desk, it'll also be used on the bridge of the Venture whenever that gets done.

tadeo-d-oria-c7-08.jpg?1573789408
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-09.jpg?1573789411

This looks great!

Definitely agree on the Voyager set re-use being one of the smaller parts of Sickbay. Wasn't the TMP sickbay set also 6 beds? Or did they only put that in the blueprints and not actually put 6 beds in?
    Rekkert
    @Freak: Thanks! :)

@ashleytinger: You're absolutely right, I should've said the biggest of the 24th Century sickbays. :)

I've been working on dressing up the CMO office, adding in some diplomas for our good doctor, as well as a props scattered around. I've also modeled the Voyager style desk monitor, which is also placed at the nurse desk, along with some more chairs.
    Also, I've made the zig-zag corridor at the back a lot wider.

tadeo-d-oria-c6-03.jpg?1573854505
    tadeo-d-oria-c5-02.jpg?1573854502
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-11.jpg?1573854508
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-12.jpg?1573854512
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180JMP11Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777BrandenbergFreak
    Oh I wasn't looking for right or wrong, I just honestly couldn't find the photos and could only remember the blueprints. LOL

You're doing amazing with this set.
    Rekkert
    The CMO's office is looking outstanding.
    Rekkert
    Thanks for the kind words!

I've created the main LCARS for the ward screen, and also expanded the entrance for the zig-zag corridor; now it does look a bit more like the open exits in the Prometheus sickbay it was supposed to emulate, I believe.
    Also, here's a closeup on Pulaski's diplomas, these are all done from scratch on Inkscape, as always; though they are all based on existing designs. The two bottom ones are based on Kim's diplomas from 'Non Sequitur', and the top one is a mix of medical degrees I saw online.
    And before anyone asks how they stay in place, my head canon is that the metal frames are magnetized. ;)

tadeo-d-oria-c7-15.jpg?1573883442s
    tadeo-d-oria-c7-14.jpg?1573883439
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777BrandenbergFreak
    edited November 2019 #2371
    I don't think Pulaski really needed a commendation from McCoy, since she basically was McCoy. :p
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    RekkertWarp Propulsion Laboratory