Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DViper's miscellaneous Star Trek projects

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it. It's subtle, but it's obvious something is there. Then you get up close and see those great details.
    Viper
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited November 2019 #243
    That shape is off the standard planetary sensor so I would guess it has something to do with deflection or a forward sensor array. It just happens that they emit light and there is a flood somewhere in the greebles.

<<meh I was sniped>>
    Liking the fins, heh. I was going to suggest some panel grids in a non grid layout to break up the shape.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Viper
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Yeah, I know that the shape is from the planetary sensor, I just found it a bit weird that the floodlight was brought over as well, given that it was meant for illuminating the hull originally. For example, on the Miranda the side "spokes" of the planetary sensor are similarly greebled but without a floodlight, as the ventral saucer is only illuminated at the front and rear on that ship, given the position of the nacelles.

Anyway, it's just personal preference. :) By the way, that Nebula shot made me think of something, and forgive me if this was already discussed previously on this thread and I missed it, but why are the pylon connectors at the bottom of the nacelles, when the pylons connect at the top?

reliant-3-stii.jpg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Yeah, I know that the shape is from the planetary sensor, I just found it a bit weird that the floodlight was brought over as well, given that it was meant for illuminating the hull originally. For example, on the Miranda the side "spokes" of the planetary sensor are similarly greebled but without a floodlight, as the ventral saucer is only illuminated at the front and rear on that ship, given the position of the nacelles.

I like having more bits lighting up :) That's all.
    Anyway, it's just personal preference. :) By the way, that Nebula shot made me think of something, and forgive me if this was already discussed previously on this thread and I missed it, but why are the pylon connectors at the bottom of the nacelles, when the pylons connect at the top?

reliant-3-stii.jpg

*sigh* I'm aware of that problem. But I need to re model that part of the nacelle to change it because stupid me decided to do all in one mesh instead of leaving that bottom bit separated when doing the Enterprise. I totally forgot to check the Miranda when doing it. After I finish the rest of the ship I'll see about fixing that. I just need to figure out a way to do it without screwing up my UVs. I don't want to texture that from scratch again.
    Rekkert
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    What your calling a flood light is the sensor. In particular the fwd sensor array. Look at the sides and back of refit the Miranda even the excelsior, they all have these lit up areas.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Work has been a bit slow the past few days. Just a lot going on. Today I managed to start texturing. Here's the progress in the catamarans so far:
    kusanagi218.jpg
    kusanagi219.jpg
    RekkertFreakMadKoiFishLizzy777McCashleytingerBrandenbergwibble
    Loving those patterns!
    LoopholeBrandenberg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Loving those patterns!

I'll second that!
    LoopholeBrandenberg
    So, I spent the last few days texturing everything. The ship is more or less finished. Still a few details to work on like the deflector dish, and I need to start cracking on those interiors, but this is it for now :) Space renders coming later.

kusanagi238.jpg
    kusanagi239.jpg
    kusanagi240.jpg
    kusanagi241.jpg
    MadKoiFishLizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryMcCRekkertFreakashleytingerBrandenbergevil_genius_180wibble
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    It really looks great from all angles, love it!
    ( now if only someone would commission me to build a physical model... B) )

Saved all the images, great screen saver material.
    Viper
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Really cool design. I like how you incorporated the "strongback" elements into the catamarans. Nice model too!
    ViperBrandenberg
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    Thank you for the compliments. I know there's still things to work on, but I need a break. Here's a very quick space render :) Click for a large version.
    image02.jpg
    MadKoiFishLizzy777FreakashleytingerlewisnivenBrandenbergRekkertevil_genius_180LoopholeMcCand 2 others.
    She has turned out really nice!
    Viper
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    She looks PHENOMENAL. Leave the warp nacelles alone. I know you were talking about that bottom mount point being moved up top but who's to say it's a mount point? It works really well as is to me.
    BrandenbergViper
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    YEAH baby! :3
    Viper
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice rendering and a great ship. :)
    Viper
    I love how you did the markings and illumination, they complement the shape very well.
    Viper
    Thanks folks :) I'm glad you like her!
    She looks PHENOMENAL. Leave the warp nacelles alone. I know you were talking about that bottom mount point being moved up top but who's to say it's a mount point? It works really well as is to me.

I don't really have a preference either way. I think it would make sense to follow the Miranda design and have the bulge on top when the nacelle needs to be mounted differently. But I'm not opposed to leaving it as is either. I do need to have that different nacelle if I even do decide to make the Miranda, so I'll work on it later.
    That's a beautiful ship, man. I really like those space renders.
    Viper
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is absolutely beautiful work!
    Viper
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Space render=screen saver!
    Viper
    I did some work on the deflector area as well as the deflector itself. I wasn't 100% happy with it yet. Here's a quick render to show it off (Click for 1080p version):
    image05.jpg
    lewisnivenashleytingerevil_genius_180rojrenFreakLizzy777RekkertBrandenbergMadKoiFishMcCand 3 others.
    It looks terrific to me.
    Viper
    Stunning!
    Viper
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    I enjoyed watching this one come together. Well done!
    Viper
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    All they said. Still crazy in love with this ship. Great render.
    Viper
    Well, here's the next project. I'm hoping to get it done quickly. This is not a screen accurate version of the drydock. In fact, it's quite a bit different. This is because I'm doing a fully modular system that can fit several ships. I'm going to keep some of the details similar, so it's something recognizable from the era. Only one render for now:
    drydock02.jpg

It'll also have a larger office structure and some cranes. Plus any other stuff I can think of :)
    Lizzy777srspicerashleytingerRekkertevil_genius_180FreakBrandenbergMcCwibble
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Neat idea in tackling the dry dock and makes a lot of sense.
    Viper
    Another exciting project by the Viper.
    Viper
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    Please do an orthographic view
    Viper