Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother Day, Another Docking Bay

ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
another_day__another_docking_bay_by_ashleytinger_ddjlte6-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NTc2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGpsdGU2LTU4NzFiMjY0LWFjMjUtNDE1MS05YjEyLTQyZDk5Y2Y5ZGQ2OS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.F5dQCcHThhUkSYlZztsl3TeFu83x6yfSpT5CL2x8PLI

Trying to capture that feel from the concept art painting from the first film while including my kitbashed 'stock' version of the YT-1300, my OCs and a few Easter Eggs, just because.

Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay
YT-13400 kitbashed in TrueSpace 3.2 from models by Iven Connery and Andrew Crook
Genesis 3 figures from DAZ
Clone Trooper armor and Obi-Wan outfit from Forender
Astromechs from Vanishing Point
14MU Space Dock from Predatron
Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryViperevil_genius_180
Tagged:

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    That looks really good! Very nice work. The only thing that I would say is needed to improve the image is to add some dirt to the ship. I think it looks a bit too clean for the surroundings :)
    ashleytinger
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Viper wrote: »
    That looks really good! Very nice work. The only thing that I would say is needed to improve the image is to add some dirt to the ship. I think it looks a bit too clean for the surroundings :)

Oh she's a bit dirty even though you can't see it to well here. Paint chipped, well used. But unlike Han her owner actually cares about what his ship looks like LOL

Here's what she looks like all dolled up in TrueSpace

astral_oath_wip_cw_textures_complete_by_ashleytinger_ddjikrh-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODA4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZmFjNDUyYTYtMGJhMy00YjNhLTkxMTUtNDk1Yzg2MDFhNzczXC9kZGppa3JoLWI2OTRhYjRhLTAwYmYtNDMwMC04ODBmLWQxYmYzMzkxODBiYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.9F5H1FyIc5SKtqf-_DRQIDQZ7gEriGpAcLevZ0jouCs

Not a single seam on her is lacking some kind of space dirt, I think part of it is the light out in the open area kind of overblows the details a little bit.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a fantastic image, great work.

While your ship does have grime, the edges (sides) don't seem to have a lot. The edges are the part that would likely get the most dirt as the ship flies through atmospheres and whatnot.
    ashleytinger
    That's a fantastic image, great work.

While your ship does have grime, the edges (sides) don't seem to have a lot. The edges are the part that would likely get the most dirt as the ship flies through atmospheres and whatnot.

Can always re-grime the sides. ;)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is a very nice Pic, I can see myself hanging it up in the living room and I not even a huge Star Wars fan.
    ashleytinger
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    You had me fooled for a moment. That render made me think it was from a movie. :)
    ashleytinger
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    Thank you for all the kind words on this one everyone. It was a fun piece to pull off. :)