Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWarp Fighter and other ships

kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
edited January 2022 in Work in Progress #1
Latest:
24hbmi6sbvwi.png

2nh6n9ysg8a6.jpg

Hello, long time no see.
Recently I have been getting back into 3d and I decided my first major project would be to remake my fighter. I originally made it for the graduation project of the 3d course I was on.
The original was made in Lightwave, the new one is being made in blender.
I'm using it to learn blender as well, so it has been a little slow to start, getting used to everything.

I am now working on the Ivalice class as well. It is a smaller patrol type ship.

I also hope to made some of these ship in the future.
7bskrkpg9jv2.png
Post edited by kaden on
RekkertLizzy777evil_genius_180FreakBrandenbergwolfmanMustang13Camaro68Ael's
Tagged:

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Oh nice. I always liked that one.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Same. I like the subtle changes you've made as well. Each of them are an improvement over the original, imo. Looking forward to seeing you progress with this one!
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    Thanks. I hope I can get it finished up quickly.
    The main shapes took a while to build, but now that they have been finalised, I have moved on to the medium sized details, impulse, deflector, major panels etc.
    Lots of building, deleting, building lol. But should be quicker.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Nice! I'm liking the new details around the Bussard collectors. I'm not too sold on the bright orange things at the bottom though, what are those?
    Keep it up!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    It's the impulse intake thingy, like the Runabout has.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really sweet design. I like the new tweaked version even better than the original, which is really nice too. :)
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    This is a very nice fighter and I can really see a squad of these being assigned to the Akria Class.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    awesome. look forward to the development. is ther a possibility to see some orthos too?
    Here's some orthos I did while I was blocking it out.
    vb2qkmnya9d3.jpg

Engines and front. (didn't mask the hdri on the engine pic)
    hy3fd7uwtu1v.jpg
    o7vxbctd0i58.jpg

I haven't finalised any materials yet, so colours are just temporary. I have to learn more about uvs and baking textures in blender first before I get some proper colours on there.
    Freakevil_genius_180Lizzy777MadKoiFishBrandenbergAel's
    This is looking really Good.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    I remember this design, always liked it! Looking forward to the new version.
    yu4cr7pk1656.png

I found out how to make ortho renders.
    Added some more panels.
    FreakRekkertLizzy777Brandenberg
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    thnx a lot. looks great.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    Just curious, but are you a member over at Hardlight Productions (the guys working on Freespace SCP)? Because I know several of the modders/modelers there are massive fans of your previous works, and some have directly cited that the original design for this fighter is what gave them ideas in the first place. Nobody's copied it that I know of, just been heavily inspired by it.

As for the new design itself, I like the subtle touch in going from two internal light sources in the bussards on the old design, to three light sources. A small thing, but its enough to definitely make a viewer believe this is the Mk II version, or the direct successor of the original.
    Really? No I'm not a member. First I have heard of them, I will take a look.

Yeah adding little extra details like that and getting the shapes looking more smooth is my goal.
    At the moment I am deciding on the deflector, keeping it Defiant style, or going to a smaller dish with the glow from behind.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    One of my favorite fighter concepts.
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    I put my reply in a PM for you Kaden, so I don't clutter up this topic with talk outside of the forum.

BTW, just on a lark, have you ever thought about installing an aft-facing micro-torpedo launcher on this, between/below the impulse drives? Would make for one mean (but hilarious) surprise for any poor soul trying to get on it's six.
    Yup it has a rear launcher.

Quick render with the new deflector. I rebuilt a lot of the geometry in the area but I haven't finished the details yet. I want to add some orange panelling like on Voyagers secondary deflector.

injgpjxdu0j3.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180FreakMadKoiFishBrandenberg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Very nice. Keep it up!
    I like the deflector. It's a necessary component, but tucking it under the nose like that doesn't ruin the lines of the fighter.
    I think the deflector area is basically done, time to move on to something else.

xo7gpib2aooo.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakRekkertMadKoiFishBrandenberg
    I am fixing up the bussard area, left is old one, right new one. The part just behind the glass.
    Which is best?

quqlx2pw2kyh.png
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777MadKoiFish
    The deflector looks great and I like the new bussard. It's a small change, but it flows so much better.
    I agree with EG.
    I am loving the details you have put into that defector.
    Thanks guys.
    I think I will try make the grey parts all one piece and see how that looks. And also try to get the glass looking like its attached somehow.

I have been making some small decals based on the ones on Voyagers hull. Any suggestions for federation style decals or signs are welcome.

1v3983sumacq.jpg

MadKoiFishLizzy777
    Little bit more done on the underside, and I also worked on the bussards some more today. I remade the glass and set some new materials for it.

i952qigd4wn2.jpg
    Lizzy777RekkertFreakBrandenberg
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    edited November 2019 #28
    kaden wrote: »
    I have been making some small decals based on the ones on Voyagers hull. Any suggestions for federation style decals or signs are welcome.

For this model, I'd suggest taking inspiration from fighter aircraft. Below the cockpit, you'd have the crew names of the pilots and operators. Operational signs for engineering. Squadron insignias on the wings and/or tail (or in this case, warp nacelles). Warning signs, NO STEP, and so on.

Basically, anything you see on a decal sheet for a model jet, you can stick on here. Since Trek is a little light on individual unit insignias and the like, it's a good chance to get creative in that area.
    Post edited by Lizzy777 on
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Looking better and better, would like to create a physical model of this.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I love the new details on the impulse intakes, everything's shaping up together nicely!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Thanks for the tips, I will take a look at real fighters for ideas.

Here is the latest, getting some more details in so it is starting to look like the original.
    g55i83esuvcu.jpg
    MadKoiFishevil_genius_180FreakRekkertLizzy777BrandenbergsrspicerwolfmanAel's