Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek News and Rumours

• P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Freak wrote: »
    That's got to Piss off the people in CBS.

It's their own fault. They turned down Seth MacFarlane when he pitched a Star Trek show to them, so he changed all of the copyrighted stuff and sold it to Fox. Well played, Seth, well played. :)

To be fair ... as much as I like the Orville, if you'd asked me beforehand, I would have not believed, that he could do a good Star Trek show. And I say that as someone, who likes his other stuff.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The only thing I like from Seth MacFarlane is The Orville. I've tried his other shows and they're just not to my liking. I was one of the naysayers when I heard he had pitched a Trek show. But, like a good Sci-Fi fan, I tried it and he made a believer out of me. Plus, the amount of Star Trek alumni he's had on and involved in the show is impressive.
    The only thing I like from Seth MacFarlane is The Orville. I've tried his other shows and they're just not to my liking. I was one of the naysayers when I heard he had pitched a Trek show. But, like a good Sci-Fi fan, I tried it and he made a believer out of me. Plus, the amount of Star Trek alumni he's had on and involved in the show is impressive.

True. He is also good friends with Patrick Steward, so I'm sure, he asked him for at least a cameo. But I'm fairly certain, he has a clause in his CBS Contract, that makes that impossible.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9709 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited October 2019 #65
    S2 of Orville was gold. Had the camp but had some worthwhile sfx to drool on. Personally it outdid STD with that battle sequence mixing cgi with physical models. The models were not pure eyecandy but the choreography/screenplay was good. EXP those panning and rotating interiors with exterior action. It also just has that classic mid late 90s feel down to the scene cuts and pacing. So yeah it is dating itself that way but it is part of the fun. Something far more respectful to the source than anything done through Kurtzman. All of it is just snide homage or just bad parody. STID, ugh. all the canon breaking stuff in STD or silly stuff like that recent short trek. STD I ended up watching for the vfx and ship scenes even though most were flying bricks of no attributable design elegance.
    No reason for that DATA song to be used in a pre tos situation.

Does not help I keep seeing her as she ends in the novels.

SPLORT
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    I liked the new Short Trek with Spock and Number One. I still want that Pike show.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member

I think about 90% of the people working behind the scenes have worked on Trek at some point.
    Then you got actors that had major roles and loved by the Trek Fan base doing a Cameo or in Tim Russ case Cameos.
    I even heard rumours that MacFarlane is in talks with Shatner to appear on the show.
    Viper wrote: »
    I liked the new Short Trek with Spock and Number One. I still want that Pike show.

As much as that would be cool, With Kurtzman there it would also be more like Discovery.
    I also think it would be a bad move. Enterprise was a prequel and it did not work until season 4. If it had started at season 4, think could have been different but they did not know what to do with the show.

I have also heard that the first season of Enterprise was never meant to take place in space or exploring it anyway. It was meant to be all set on Earth and the Sol System, with them building the NX class, then season 2 would have been them heading out. But the Studio Interfered and demanded it to be what we got.

Hollywoods problem is that they love doing Prequel, this is something that really started in the 90's. They don't seem to want to move things forward in a franchise. Trek is all about moving forwards.
    Hell even Star Wars suffers from this. Any show or films they realise that is not part of the Skywalker Saga seems to be set between ROTS and ANH, and the Mandalorian is set between ROTJ and TFA. They have a massive universe to play with that they can do stories that have nothing to do with Skywalkers set years after the saga, but they don't do it.
    I have to redact my original comments on the "song" I could swear it was Data that sung a altered version of it. Either case the ep was still a bit pretentious and not what I see that character as. but hey each ones own I suppose as canon we really only saw the pilot and STD s2.

odd how I related that to Data instead of Geordi. ffff
    If you don't know about this case, or want to know what's going on. Check out the video below.

If you want to donate you can do so here.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/JusticeForAnas

If you are unable to donate, please share this on your social media accounts to let others know.
    edited October 2019 #70
    I’ve read about the case - interesting stuff. Since I‘ve written my dissertation on (german) copyright law I always find it weird how much the US struggles with a simple concept like fair use or the extent to which Ideas need to be expressed to warrant protection.

That being said, I just can‘t take that nerdrotic guy seriously. He just has to hate on everything and it‘s always those evil feminists 😁
    Post edited by P5ych0p4th on
    could use a bit more info than just a youtube video. Do not watch unknown stuff as it ends up with me getting all sorts of garbage in my feed.

As for the US pretty much can chalk up everything is done for the corps and big business. Look at the celphone industry here vs the eu. Laws are being made here to protect big business. Copyright protection is there only for the big business or people with deep pockets.

New short trek was kinda fun but again broken people. Could not see that girl as a capt let alone anyone in command. Also loads of canon or presumption canon I suppose being fuqed with. EG they cant just leave it alone.
    edited October 2019 #72
    Based on reading similar cases in the past, I've come to the conclusion that it's actually very hard to successfully sue someone for copyright infringement on characters in the United States. I was recently reading about the case of Superman vs Captain Marvel in the 1940s. The case that National Periodical Publications (now known as DC comics) seemed to be strong that Captain Marvel (now known as Shazam) was copied from Superman. Their case was at least as strong of a case as this person Anas seems to have. Captain Marvel was actually based on Superman, looked a lot like Superman in the 1940s, had almost identical powers and his alter ego Billy Batson was even a reporter. Oh, they also "borrowed" some story ideas from the Superman newspaper comic strip, but there was an issue of incorrectly registered copyrights on those. However, the initial ruling in the case was in favor of Fawcett Comics, the company who produced Captain Marvel in the 1940s and early '50s. National was obviously the bigger company, so it's not always bigger companies that win these things. Though, National (DC) did win in the end because Fawcett couldn't afford to keep going to court for the appeals so they settled, and DC now owns the character, but they never actually won that case in court. Now, for those who say that's not relevant due to its age, it actually is. Judges would look at older cases to aid them in their decisions in a case like this. Bear in mind that I'm no lawyer, this is just stuff I've read about.

It seems easy to side with Anas due to him versus the big machine. People love those David and Goliath stories, especially when it's against big American companies. But, none of us really knows what went on in that courtroom. We don't have the facts of the case, don't know what evidence was presented and what arguments were made. Furthermore, who knows what copyrights Anas actually has registered, if any? I've done reading on this in the past as well, and I've found that there is a US copyright law that was passed a few decades ago that actually protects content creators even without a registered copyright. However, without a registered copyright, it's a lot harder to sue someone for infringement. A lot of people like to use that law to act like their stuff is copyrighted, and technically it is, but it's harder to sue someone for infringement without registered copyrights.

So, yeah, we'll see. I guarantee you we know what happened on this either way. Someone working on Discovery found his project on Facebook and thought it was neat, so they decided to incorporate the ideas into Discovery. They may have even checked for a registered copyright on it, or they may not have. They may have decided, like a lot of people seem to, that it was on the Internet and is, therefore, free. Who did this deed? Who knows? It may have been just a writer. Getting a story idea approved from an executive producer probably isn't that hard, especially if you don't tell where the idea came from. The tardigrade itself only appears in two episodes, not including "previously on" segments. This may have been due to Anas's letter and finding out that the idea was in fact stolen.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    edited October 2019 #73

You have no idea how badly I want that show too. The Cage is one of my all time favorite Star Trek episodes. I've always liked those characters. Unfortunately, we were cheated out of more of Number One due to bass ackward thinking (by women, by the way) in the 1960s. Yes, we got Christine Chapel because nobody objected to a woman being a nurse, but we didn't get more Number One, which is truly sad. Also, I really enjoyed Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn in their roles.

I binged Discovery season 2 and the Short Treks last weekend and I really enjoyed it all. Though, the latest Short Trek "The Trouble with Edward" was bad, very bad. But, that's the only one I flat out didn't like, and I thought the Harry Mudd one was particularly well done. What he was doing in that episode seemed like something 1960s Mudd would have done for sure. Enjoying Discovery season 2 so much actually brings up my hope levels for Picard. It will also be interesting to see where they go with Discovery in season 3, though I'd really prefer if they followed the Enterprise in the 2250s, rather than the Disocvery in the 33rd century.

You have no idea how badly I want that show too. The Cage is one of my all time favorite Star Trek episodes. I've always liked those characters. Unfortunately, we were cheated out of more of Number One due to bass ackward thinking (by women, by the way) in the 1960s. Yes, we got Christine Chapel because nobody objected to a woman being a nurse, but we didn't get more Number One, which is truly sad. Also, I really enjoyed Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn in their roles.

That‘s actually a myth. The Studio had no problem with No. 1 as a Character they just didn‘t want Barret, as Gene only hired her so he could continue his affair with with her at the time. If he‘d just hired another actress, there would have been a female first officer.

I never said the studio didn't want her. The story is that the women in the test audience objected to her, so they changed the character. But, that's Gene Roddenberry's story, so who knows if it was true?

If the studio had any issues with him hiring the actress, then it makes little sense for her to have been on the show at all.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    could use a bit more info than just a youtube video. Do not watch unknown stuff as it ends up with me getting all sorts of garbage in my feed.

Here you go taken from GoFundMe page.
    wrote:
    Copyright infringement lawsuit
    Introduction
    My name is Anas Abdin. I am an independent game developer and a pixel artist. I sued both CBS and Netflix for
    copying major elements from a video game I'm developing called Tardigrades. The elements of my game are used
    in their Star Trek: Discovery show. It seems as an independent game developer I have no rights to protect my own
    original expression. If you are an independent creator, you can be next. Any large entity can steal your ideas and get
    away with it. Ideas are not protectable only the expression of these ideas deserve protection. The expression of my
    ideas are irrefutable in the art, video clips, and text produced by me.

Background
    Back in May 2014 I started developing a space themed adventure game called Tardigrades. I've been working on it
    all by myself. I wrote the full story, created the characters, painted the background art, designed the spaceships,
    animated the cut scenes, composed the music, and of course wrote the code of the game.
    On October 2017, I've been reached by friends and fans about a TV show with similar ideas from my
    project Tardigrades. That show was Star Trek: Discovery. I didn't know that there was a new Star Trek series
    because I wasn't into TV and movies due to my limited time between a full time job and care-giving to both my elderly
    parents back then all by myself.

I tried to contact the producers of the show, CBS, about the weird situation because I was too worried about my
    project and how may some people interpret the situation. CBS Legal vice president spoke with my lawyers and
    promised to get rid of the tardigrade creature from their show and they also promised not to sue me for copyright
    infringement. Yes, you read that right. They won't sue me even though I posted my project's updates years before
    their show. We were promised another call, but they kept postponing and ignoring until I reached a dead end and had
    to force my rights.

I filed the lawsuit on Aug 2018. I gave them almost a year to make things right but with no use. Independent creators
    and YouTubers started questioning about the situation. A few websites picked up the story. The general reception
    was very supportive to my side. CBS hired a prestigious law firm to fight me. They argued that I am trying to
    copyright the real-life tardigrade creature that lives on Earth even though I never claimed that. I gave these creatures
    a combination of properties and abilities that where never given to them before in any previous work. I made the
    tardigrades creatures in my project huge, blue and used in facilitating instantaneous space travel. The tardigrades
    were also the research subject of a blonde botanist named Carter, whom also encountered an interracial
    homosexual relation with a dark bearded male character named Aziz. This appeared on their show with Paul
    Stamets, who is a blonde astromycologist (mushroom botanist) and Dr. Hugh Culber. Both male characters are in
    an interracial homosexual relationship as well. The characters kept looking the same to those I created
    for Tardigrades. Michael Burnham looks exactly like Yolanda, and Sylvia Tilly is a direct copy of Natasha.
    The show kept introducing copied characters, spaceships and other elements (story wise and even the visual effects)
    that stopped me immediately from enjoying the show. One would argue that this could be a publicity boost for my
    indie game, or even a compliment that a huge franchise is using my ideas.
    Well, not me, not this way.

My project Tardigrades was intended to be commercialized and all its profit was going to be spent on relocating my
    little family to get a better treatment for my father's Parkinson's and my mother's knee replacement surgeries. My
    father also had early stages of dementia. I saw all my hopes and dreams fall apart in front of the whole world. Every
    time I saw my father's daily struggles, or my mother's pain, I would cry inside my head while keeping a smile on the
    outside for them. My father was bedridden for 8 years and one could imagine the types of caring such patients
    require. I lost my job which was in scientific researches due to budget cuts. And then the devastating life changing
    event happened. My father got hospitalized, several mistakes happened with his treatment until he finally lost his
    battle with Parkinson's last April (2019) and passed.

A major part of me went away with my father. With a broken heart, I still have to be strong for my mom. A few days
    ago (September 2019), as I returned from visiting my Dad's grave, I received the news that the judge ruled against
    me and that the case was dismissed.

I want to continue the fight. Every time we hear about a story of an independent creator being smashed by a major
    corporation because they think they can get away with it due to their massive resources against our limited ones. I
    want to keep fighting this ruling. I cannot do this all by myself. I have never asked anyone for financial help in my life.
    But I learned that the numbers required to continue fighting are ridiculously high. This is the reason why these large
    corporations feel confident that they can get away with the infringement of our intellectual properties.

I have looked deeply into the fees needed to pursue this battle. The fees can be broken down to the following
    categories:
     Hiring Computer Network experts (20-35k per person)
     Obtaining legal consultations (1k/hour, estimated 15k per person)
     Promoting, Marketing and contacting News Agencies
     Attorneys fees
     Court Fees
     Administrative Fees

I appreciate every donation, the little ones before the bigger ones. And if you can't help this case financially, then I
    ask you to please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Those matter to me more than any materialistic property in

Here is a link to videos trailer for the game on steam, Look at the posted date.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=344701010

Also here are links to Anas blog, that documented the creation of game.
    https://anas-tronaut.blogspot.com/

Here is the post that Anas upload when he found out about the similarities between his game and Discovery.
    https://anas-tronaut.blogspot.com/2017/10/star-trek-discovery-tardigrades.html

This post talks about why he started the Law suit with CBS and Netflix.
    https://anas-tronaut.blogspot.com/2018/08/tardigrades-case.html

Anas has been updating his blog with updates on the case, with what he can revile while the case was on going. Read it an make your own mind up.

@evil_genius_180, Chris your right it very hard to win a case like this, but it not unheard off either.
    Hollywood also has another problem on it hands when it come to copyrights. a lot of franchise rights will be going back to the creators.
    Under current copyright law, the writers or novels or scripts who sold them to a studio to be made into a film or TV show, will be getting ownership back. In current laws the Studios only have a legal right to them for 30 years before the revert back. An Example of this the Die Hard franchise. This was based on a Novel which was sold to FOX, as the 30 years are coming to an end for a lot franchises form the 80's the rights go back to the author. Which means Fox are unable to make any new Die Hard films without a new deal being made.
    The only time this will not happen is if a writer was hired by the studio to write a specific script.
    edited October 2019 #77
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    ...I just can‘t take that nerdrotic guy seriously. He just has to hate on everything and it‘s always those evil feminists 😁

I find he makes some valid points, I don't agree with everything he says. But all he wants is good writing and story telling and unfortunately that is something we are not getting. I agree with what Robert Mayer Burnett says, "Never put your universe in front of your characters or story." That is something the head of these franchise are not doing.

As for Gary hating everything that not the case, he introduced me to The Expanse which is one of the best Sci-fi shows on at the moment. And Doom Patrol, which is another great show from DC. He also got a lot of love for The Orville.

Post edited by Freak on
    edited October 2019 #78
    Freak wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180, Chris your right it very hard to win a case like this, but it not unheard off either.
    Hollywood also has another problem on it hands when it come to copyrights. a lot of franchise rights will be going back to the creators.
    Under current copyright law, the writers or novels or scripts who sold them to a studio to be made into a film or TV show, will be getting ownership back. In current laws the Studios only have a legal right to them for 30 years before the revert back. An Example of this the Die Hard franchise. This was based on a Novel which was sold to FOX, as the 30 years are coming to an end for a lot franchises form the 80's the rights go back to the author. Which means Fox are unable to make any new Die Hard films without a new deal being made.
    The only time this will not happen is if a writer was hired by the studio to write a specific script.

Yeah, it's not unheard of, but it doesn't help that all they really stole is characters and vague story elements, rather than specific story elements. He'd have a stronger case if it stole more of his story. Character copying is an old thing and goes way beyond Hollywood. Going back to comics, two characters I can immediately think of are Aquaman and Deadpool. Aquaman is almost an exact copy of Namor, The Sub-Mariner and Deadpool is almost an exact copy of Deathstroke. While neither has been challenged legally, it seems like you can take a character, change a few things and it's legally considered a different character.
    I keep hearing this rumour from different places so I don't know how true this is.

I am hearing that CBS went to their mechanise partners and gave them an ultimatum. "Make Picard and Discovery Mechanise or lose your licence."
    Those Partners told CBS where to go. Now if the mechanise partners have lost there licence I don't know.

If this rumour is true I can see why they told CBS no. They know that by making Mechanise for Discovery and possibly Picard it will be a lose for them. As there is no Demand for any Mechanise for these shows outside of Ships (Egalemoss is already doing that) and Golden Age Trek.
    I think licensing is more affected by the merger and where what goes where than any sort of demands or unwanted merch.

I can though see marketing firms not wanting to engage in something that is already sinking in viewership or something hard to gauge viewership. It is not like a large budget film.

I dunno if there really is any sales in STD other than costumes and models more likely figures and replica props. I doubt any of the trek stuff today could support TNG era levels of licensing. Hell it is only a tv show with 13eps or so a year.

Look at the new wars animation not much coverage for even it and that's backed by Disney. Lego I think had 3 sets from it.

The threat is pretty empty as if they are denied old trek anyhow there is no point in the loss of the license. And really it is only the renewal of the license, cbs cannot revoke it unless some contract clause is broken.

Personally unless picard is a utter travesty I am sure there would be a market for stuff from it. CBS denying classic trek is a bit lame as random trinkets which would likely be the top sellers are pretty generic across the shows. Stuff like tshirts with logos on and the like. So far what I have seen in general normie locations Picard is getting a much larger welcome vs STD. Hell that youtube link, the comments field was night and day vs STD pre release. Then again maybe that is a buttload of preconception and the mob mentality will sour if they are disappointed. Which I am sure many will be as it clearly will not be TNG.

I definitely wont be lining up to buy a model of the Picard cargo brick. Id probably buy models in the smaller Polar lights scale of a few of the STD ships if they ever come out.

edited October 2019 #81
    I want a phaser from Discovery. And, I'm not talking about a $550 Anovos one with all those features or even one of those bluetooth ones like they did with the TOS one, but just a simple one that looks cool, like that canceled one that McFarlane Toys was going to release:

http://blog.trekcore.com/2018/04/more-on-mcfarlanes-star-trek-discovery-phaser/

That and a communicator from the show. Those would be cool to have.
    This is not news or Rumours but I though I post it here instead of starting a new Tread.

The so here you can see the difference in the quality of writing between the people writing for Star Trek in the 90's and those writing for it today.
    edited October 2019 #83
    That video is bull****. "The Trouble With Edward" was written to be a comedy, not a serious episode. While I don't personally like that episode of Short Treks and found nothing funny about it, it's not supposed to be taken seriously. Practically every aspect of "The Trouble With Edward" was overly exaggerated for the sake of comedy, from the dialog to the character Edward Larkin himself and the way overdone "Trouble with Tribbles" kind of situation. That episode is nowhere near indicative of the writing in the rest of Short Treks, much less Discovery.
    edited October 2019 #84
    I have not see that sort trek, but personally I would say its spot on representing the difference in writing with Golden Age Trek, and Star Trek since 2009.

BTW if that was meant to be funny, with what I saw in this, I did not find funny. Trek has done humour much better in the past than having to resort to this level of humour. DS9 Little Green Men is a perfect example of humour done well in Trek.
    Post edited by Freak on
    edited October 2019 #85
    Like I said, it's supposed to be slapstick over the top humor. I also don't find it funny and in fact hate that episode. However, that's nowhere near how the rest of the series is written. Comparing that to a serious TNG episode like "Hollow Pursuits" is like comparing 1966's Batman: The Movie with The Dark Knight. They're completely different writing styles and were trying to achieve totally different goals. If one wanted a fair comparison, try something like comparing the Discovery episode "Choose Your Pain" with a TNG episode with a more similar theme, like "Chain of Command." Those are at least episodes with similar themes, including the captain being captured, interrogated and tortured by an aggressive alien adversary. "Chain of Command" will still win, because that's an excellently written episode and the writing on TNG is indeed far superior to Discovery.

So, again, I say that video is BS because it's not doing a fair comparison by comparing a stupid slapstick comedy episode to a serious episode. Hell, if you want a more fair comparison, compare "The Trouble with Edward" to "The Trouble with Tribbles." Even that 52-year-old episode that's intended to be along the same intended level of humor will win that contest. In fact, the Short Treks episode is clearly an attempt to recapture the greatness that is that classic TOS episode, and it completely misses the mark.
    But it is representative, people acting out in a way a person in that position or situation would not behave. That captain just screams of a ensign or a cadet in her manner and behavior. As for the actions of the others they all act out of character or in their representative careers just for the story and plot. Good example was that security chief for DSC in season 1. Loads of this sort of behavior just to create a situation or move the story. This occurs constantly in STD across both seasons. I do not see this changing. See this happening in other shows and films from the last few years.

It is also a good example of homage gone wrong. Fucking with established canon and fucking with existing history and perceptions or canon.

Least knowing Orville is ramping to shooting or is shooting least has me knowing there will be something worth watching. Ignoring the nostalgic editing and screenplay side of it.

I think the first short trek I disliked because maybe I have a preconcived notion of her character from books ands comics over the years. She was stern but not a fing robot or one of these quintupletasker type they try oh so hard to elude to. It is like 05 dr who, you gotta be the special the conformist to what the DR wants to be in enough to be part of things and not treated as some unenlightened pile of consuming shit. Really hated that as it breeds elitism and segregation of those who do not think the same.
    edited October 2019 #87
    Again, I agree on the part where the writing isn't what it once was. In fact, Sci-Fi isn't what it once was. A lot of newer Sci-Fi seems to be more about lots of action and special effects with plot and character development downplayed. Also, much of what is done in modern Sci-Fi seems to more centered around universe building than trying to tell a compelling story within the time limits of a single episode or two parter or a movie. A great example is all the buildup they did for that Georgiou Section 31 show that apparently is no longer happening. They crammed in a lot of stuff with her and some of the other characters suffered as a result. Had they not done that, they could have spent more time with what was going on with the Discovery crew. And, doing these season long plots to try and keep the audience engaged also lets some of those great character stories suffer. There's no "reset" between episodes and a bad choice in one episode has to be carried into another to keep the story moving in continuity. Gene Roddenberry actually cautioned his successors about doing continuing stories, but they clearly didn't listen.

There are some badly written characters on Discovery. Commander Landry is (I'm assuming) the security chief you're talking about, even though she was only in two episodes. She definitely was an unlikable character and didn't behave the way people expect Starfleet officers to behave. The other security chief they had was a surgically altered Klingon, so there's no reason to complain that he behaved strangely, as he was intended to. Stamets is another character who started off really unlikable, as he was the typical "I'm smarter than you" smug type of character you wanted to strangle. Tilly was also often extremely annoying, to a degree that even Wesley Crusher couldn't reach. And, don't even get me started on Lorca's erratic behavior not coming up as giant red flags to his fellow officers. There are some other characters who have some iffy moments, and some WTF moments in the writing in general. Even the best Discovery episode can't hold a candle to a just good episode of TNG, which is one of the best written shows of all time. I will admit all of that.

But, I'm not going to make the argument again that the Short Trek episode "The Trouble with Edward" isn't indicative of the rest of the series, because there's really no point to it. We all have opinions about what is what, and there are no right or wrong answers. Though, I'm glad that nobody ranks the writing on TNG by the episode "Sub Rosa." Aside from "Shades of Gray," which isn't a real episode, "Sub Rosa" is the worst ranked TNG episode on IMDb with only a 4.9/10 rating with over 1800 votes. That's the episode where Dr. Crusher is being haunted by the same noncorporeal life form (ghost) that was responsible for her grandmother's death, for those who don't remember.
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    One can forget? :o
    One can forget? :o

If you're referring to "Sub Rosa," I'd assume it was an intentionally induced amnesia of just that episode.
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    edited October 2019 #90
    https://blog.trekcore.com/2019/10/star-trek-picard-admiral-uniform-unveiled/

Picard's admiral uniform looks pretty nice, apart from circle parts on the arms. They look a little strange to me.
    Post edited by kaden on
    evil_genius_180
    It looks like they're trying to carry the design of the shoulders down to the bottom of the sleeves, but it would look better if they had them a bit more pointed, like the shoulders are.

But, overall, it looks really good.