Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DDestroyat Class w/ some interiors

124»

• P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th191 GermanyPosts: 94Member
    Technically not new but I really like this one, so I rendered it again with a higher sample count and a higher resolution.

bt0hv3zc6dvo.png
    Rekkert
    • Like - Rekkert on September 29, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on September 29, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on September 30, 2019.
    Freak
    • Like - Freak on September 30, 2019.
    Brandenberg
    • Like - Brandenberg on October 6, 2019.
    Worked a little on the Rooms in the saucer. The Edges are now more rounded and I added some crossbeams. Also the windows are now a little smaller and a little lower. there's also a little more detail in some od the props but that isn't really visible in this picture.

v2tg6ly9o6uq.png
    ashleytinger
    • Like - ashleytinger on September 30, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on September 30, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on October 1, 2019.
    Freak
    • Like - Freak on October 1, 2019.
    Brandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_180916 Posts: 8,938Member
    Both of those are looking great. The crossbeams are a good idea, they add a hint of structural support.
    P5ych0p4th
    • Like - P5ych0p4th on October 1, 2019.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004198 Posts: 752Member
    IRML wrote: »
    really cool stuff in this thread

I agree! What fun to be able to outfit one of my ships with interiors and all sorts of furnishings, and crew. This is great stuff, and very well thought out. I would make my walls, and especially my deck plating thicker. Not that the materials wouldn't be strong enough, because they surely would be, but it just looks wrong, somehow. I Imagine the decks and the floors just STUFFED with pipes and conduits and tech of every sort for filtering, security, emergency storage an so on. I ideally would like to put crawl spaces between every floor, but I know from experience trying to lay decks out and account for everything, that this just does not work, from a practical standpoint.

Anyway, I really especially like your shuttle bays. I really might try to to some shuttle bays in the future, it would be a good place to start with interiors...

P5ych0p4th
    IRML wrote: »
    really cool stuff in this thread

I agree! What fun to be able to outfit one of my ships with interiors and all sorts of furnishings, and crew. This is great stuff, and very well thought out. I would make my walls, and especially my deck plating thicker. Not that the materials wouldn't be strong enough, because they surely would be, but it just looks wrong, somehow. I Imagine the decks and the floors just STUFFED with pipes and conduits and tech of every sort for filtering, security, emergency storage an so on. I ideally would like to put crawl spaces between every floor, but I know from experience trying to lay decks out and account for everything, that this just does not work, from a practical standpoint.

Anyway, I really especially like your shuttle bays. I really might try to to some shuttle bays in the future, it would be a good place to start with interiors...

Yeah ... I should have gone with thicker walls. But it would be too much work, to change all of that now. I made them a little bit thicker in the engeneering section, but there's nothing much to show yet. That being said, there's actually quite a bit of room above and below most of the rooms of the ship, allthough, you don't see that in most of the pictures.

Originally I only wanted to do the stuff, you can actually see from the outside, but got a little carried away (as one does :-D ) ... but I don't think I'm going to start putting in maintenence tubes an conduits -- I think, for that, I should actually start with some deckplans ... or plans at all

Maybe I'll do a small ship next, there, I could actually lay out all that stuff. But I'm pretty set on doing a Daedalus Class next, so we'll see ...
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on October 1, 2019.
    Well, a Daedalus class is kind of small. ;)
    P5ych0p4th
    Forgot to trun on the lights before rendering ... but well ... It kind of makes the interiors pop =)

r1k18bt3q0q4.jpg

And here's just another render of the back ...

0qiqwpokpew1.png
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on October 1, 2019.
    Rekkert
    • Like - Rekkert on October 1, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on October 1, 2019.
    Freak
    • Like - Freak on October 2, 2019.
    Brandenberg
    You could use that dark one as an illumination pass. ;)
    P5ych0p4th
    • Like - P5ych0p4th on October 2, 2019.
    I'm still recovering from all those exams, so there's not much progress. However I do have some fresh renders for y'all ...

I made the windows on the saucer ever so slightly smaller and centered them vertically. Also I opted for portholes for the crewquarters on the lower rim to change things up a little

sjrpnsg95ul9.png
    2av7qq62obee.jpg

The interiors needed to be tweaked just a little to fit with the new windows but that wasn't too much work

kd4jd6tcfe1k.png

Also: I did a little more work on the bridge some time ago but adn't really time to render out an image. So here's one now.

bleqhwwwuoaj.png

Hope you enjoy! ;-)

My new job (at least for the next four months) at the district court doesn't start until November, so maybe there's time to work on that engineroom a little. But there's also a lot of other things still to do in real life ... guess we'll see :-D
    ashleytinger
    • Like - ashleytinger on October 21, 2019.
    Lizzy777
    • Like - Lizzy777 on October 21, 2019.
    evil_genius_180
    • Like - evil_genius_180 on October 21, 2019.
    Viper
    • Like - Viper on October 21, 2019.
    Rekkert
    • Like - Rekkert on October 21, 2019.
    Freak
    • Like - Freak on October 22, 2019.
  • ViperViper862 Posts: 549Administrator
    That's looking sweet man :)
  • RekkertRekkert895 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 1,755Member
    I love how that bridge is shaping up!
    For my finished Trek bridges and other works of mine, visit my portfolio
    Feel free to contact me if you're interested in commissions!​
  • FreakFreak572 Posts: 3,633Member
    Really nice renders.
    I take it that crew quarters is for an officer?
    Freak wrote: »
    Really nice renders.
    I take it that crew quarters is for an officer?

Well ... the one‘s on the Top of the Saucer are a little bigger, so probably not. However there‘s still more than enough room for some bunk-bed-ones with no windows 🤔